12-06-15, 02:19 AM   #1
Sebastian
A Murloc Raider
Exclamation Crashes caused by Real UI!

So I've been using Real UI for some time now.
I've also been getting WoW crashes (Error 132) for some time now. After a long process, I finally worked out that it's unfortunately Real UI causing crashes for myself and others.

I've followed all the directions from Blizzard on methods to fix my crashes (Here).
I repaired my game, reinstalled WoW, reset my Interface, reinstalled all my AddOns, etc.

I submitted a ticket to Blizzard's technical support for help on the matter and they told me it's definitely one of my AddOns causing the crashes and that the only way to work out which AddOn was crashing me, was to use process of elimination.

After a month or more of uninstalling most of AddOns one by one, the crashes finally stopped when Real UI was uninstalled.
So it looks like I won't be using Real UI, for at least a while now.

What was happening in-game when the crashes took place?
They'd occur when fighting other players in PvP. Never in the same area, sometimes in an Arena, sometimes Ashran, etc. The chance of crashing would increase, the more players I was fighting. For example; larger battlegrounds, like Ashran and Isle of Conquest would have an increased chance of crashing me than an Arena.
02-15-16, 10:32 PM   #2
dirby
A Defias Bandit
I notice when in PvP combat if there is a player pet with chinese or korean characters and I
a) mouseover them showing the tooltip
or
b) target them

I get this error. None of the blizzard fixes seem to work and basically I have to avoid every player pet with non-latin alphabet characters.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » RealUI » Crashes caused by Real UI!