09-04-08, 04:04 PM   #1
Suspi
A Defias Bandit
Modifier Keys Spellcasting

So I use Healbot.. and I love it. I like being able to either right click, hold ctrl - right click, shift - right click.. all for different spells.

Now.. is it possible to use more than just CTRL, SHIFT, and ALT for this? Would it be possible to do something like.. hold Q and right click for a different spell to be casted?

The reason for this is because I have my keypad on the left.. and I want to maintain the functionality of using modifier keys without access to the ctrl, shift, and alt keys.

Last edited by Suspi : 09-04-08 at 04:09 PM.
09-04-08, 05:48 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Control, Shift, and Alt are the only modifier keys WoW recognizes. You could use them in combinations, however. eg, ctrl-alt-click
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

09-04-08, 06:13 PM   #3
Suspi
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
Control, Shift, and Alt are the only modifier keys WoW recognizes. You could use them in combinations, however. eg, ctrl-alt-click
Indeed, but what if I don't have Ctrl, Shift, or Alt on my keypad? Is there a way to write an addon to emulate this functionality (or somehow remap those keys)?
09-04-08, 06:33 PM   #4
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
If you google for key mapping utility youll get a bunch of hits that let you remap keys. They should let you assign alternate keys for existing ones. I cant recommend one as the utility i use is part of my keyboard (logitech g15) and i dont believe it works with more traditional ones.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Modifier Keys Spellcasting