02-20-10, 11:14 AM   #1
Porshe
A Kobold Labourer

Unhappy Update Help

This is the first carbonite update I've been through thus far. Am I supposed to delete the files from the first vs? Where do I save the files for the update?

Thanks!
Porshe

02-22-10, 08:55 PM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Porshe View Post
This is the first carbonite update I've been through thus far. Am I supposed to delete the files from the first vs? Where do I save the files for the update?

Thanks!
Porshe
Download the file to anywhere you want as long as you can remember where you put it. Delete the current Carbonite folders from your WoW "AddOns" folder, and just unzip the downloaded file to the WoW "AddOns" folder, and you should be good-to-go.

You could also try installing MMOUI-Minion. It's a downloader-installer that does the same basic thing the Curse Client does, just with files from WoWI. There is help available from a link on the Minion home page if you have problems after installation, and you can also look here: WoWI forum thread for MMOUI-Minion problems.

A little tip: If you happen to have both installers (Client and Minion) installed, please do not run them at the same time. It causes.............. issues.

02-24-10, 06:54 PM   #3
fortuna256
A Kobold Labourer
Exclamation What if you dont download the updates and keep the older version?

What if you just keep the older version? It's seems complicated to do all that just for an update?

02-24-10, 07:28 PM   #4
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
There is nothing stopping you from using an older version. Please keep in mind however that if you run in to issues the very first thing your going to be asked is if your running the latest version.

That being said it is best to just delete the old folders from your addons folder, unzip the new files to that place and have fun. Only difference from when you first started to use it and updating is you delete the old folders first.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Update Help