05-22-14, 07:25 AM   #3441
Vasqueztion
A Defias Bandit
I have a question that may have been answered before, but hard to find. Currently, Ctrl allows you to see all bars and buttons. But with my key-bind set up, I can't have Ctrl doing that as the constant flashing of bindings throws me off and gives me headaches. The question at hand: How do I change that bind from Ctrl to Alt?

I would hate to have to move away from such a clean ui. I'd switch my own bindings to alt, but I have babby hands. Thanks for any help.

05-22-14, 09:32 AM   #3442
geekyadam
A Black Drake

Originally Posted by Politig View Post
Does anyone know how to change the overall scaling of the entire UI? I love the look, but everything is much too small for me to read it

Thanks
There are a couple ways to approach this (however I'm not on my gaming rig so I can't say the exact settings, so you might have a search to find them):
  • RealUI config > Appearance > Use Large Fonts
    This should change the default font size to a larger one preselected for RealUI.
  • RealUI config > Appearance > Fonts Tab > Default Font Size
    This should change the default font size to whatever you like (if you want to use something other than the small or large sizes built into RealUI).
  • RealUI config > Positions > Use Large HUD
    This raises the scale of RealUI to a larger preselected one and should still scale everything well.
  • RealUI config > Advanced > ? > Auto-scale UI (off) + WoW Interface config > Advanced > Scale UI (change to your desire)
    This should turn off RealUI's built-in auto-scaling feature and allow you to use the WoW built-in scaling feature, which you could change to be a bit bigger than RealUI's settings.
I highly recommend using one or a combination of RealUI's built-in Large Font and Large HUD features rather than turning them off to set it yourself. Also recommend backing up your WTF folder first so you can mess around with settings and if you don't like something and can't fix it, you just delete your WTF folder and replace it with the backup. Good luck.

Originally Posted by Vasqueztion View Post
I have a question that may have been answered before, but hard to find. Currently, Ctrl allows you to see all bars and buttons. But with my key-bind set up, I can't have Ctrl doing that as the constant flashing of bindings throws me off and gives me headaches. The question at hand: How do I change that bind from Ctrl to Alt?

I would hate to have to move away from such a clean ui. I'd switch my own bindings to alt, but I have babby hands. Thanks for any help.
RealUI config > Action Bars > Advanced Settings (this will open Bartender settings) > Select Bar(s) one at a time > Visibility tab > Custom Conditionals
"Use Custom Condition" should be checked and in the textbox you should find somewhere it says "mod:ctrl". Just change that to "mod:alt" then click the Apply button below the textbox (if you don't it won't save your changes). You will need to do this for all bars visible. Also, you will need to repeat this process for the alternate "healing" layout, so once you make the "mod:alt" changes to all the bars successfully, close the Bartender configuration window, switch to the alternate RealUI layout by clicking the layout icon in the lower-right corner of the screen, then repeat the process above to open Bartender settings and make the "mod:alt" changes again.
Technically it is possible to configure both layouts while in the Bartender configuration window, but if you're unfamiliar with Bartender settings I recommend doing it the safer way I explained.
Good luck.

05-22-14, 09:43 AM   #3443
geekyadam
A Black Drake

Originally Posted by dazzle View Post
i tried to figure out this myself but i have NO in depth knowledge on how any of this works
so basically, i want raven in the default position displaying what you get when you freshly install (debuffs, buffs, etc)
but i don't want the unit frames.. and when i remove the unit frames raven flies off to the sides of the screen, i've tried a few things to fix this but it seems i'm simply not cut out to figure out this stuff on my own.
so in case i make no sense here's an image that's hopefully explanatory
I'm not on my gaming rig atm, so I can't be sure, but if you can successfully remove the RealUI unitframes but just want Raven to hold its positions, you might just need to check Raven's settings. I don't know for sure, but Raven might be referring to the RealUI sUF unit frames as a parent and/or anchor. So when you remove them, Raven doesn't know where to anchor to so they go to a default locaiton on the screen relative to, say, screen size or center location. To fix this, you might be able to edit Raven's settings to use your replacement unitframes as the parent/anchor frame.
However, worst case scenario, is the parent/anchor settings are hardcoded in RealUI's actual addon files, which means you wouldn't be able to modify the correct settings via Raven's addon settings in-game. If this is the case, I'd recommend just manually editing Raven's locations by using Raven's in-game addon settings. If I remember correctly, on the main settings page for Raven, there should be a button that says something like "Unlock all frames" or "Unlock all bars" or something. If you click that, you will be able to use your mouse to drag Raven's frames/bars around the screen to where you want them. It's pretty easy.
If this doesn't help enough, post another screenshot, but with the RealUI unit frames disabled like you want, so we can see how Raven is displaying incorrectly for you.
Good luck.

05-22-14, 09:47 AM   #3444
geekyadam
A Black Drake

Originally Posted by Zorknemesis View Post
Hey ...

how can i move the Focus an the Focustarget ????

I use the options in the Realui config but nothing changes

UnitFrames Positions change the settings ...nothing ..its the same bevor.
Might be easier to help you with this if you can post a screenshot?

05-25-14, 03:51 PM   #3445
xplosive03
A Fallenroot Satyr
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Bug Skins

I found a small text bug, when you go to Skins u see which skins are loaded and can disable them.

But I had 2 times DBM there so I checked the nibreal ui folder and I see the 2nd one has to be DXE.

Also i found where to fix this, open up DXE.lua and check the line with:
nibRealUI:RegisterSkin(MODNAME, "DBM")

replace it with
nibRealUI:RegisterSkin(MODNAME, "DXE")

fixed now I gues u guys want to change it in your next version I hope this is helpfull ^^

05-26-14, 09:48 PM   #3446
Vasqueztion
A Defias Bandit
RealUI config > Action Bars > Advanced Settings (this will open Bartender settings) > Select Bar(s) one at a time > Visibility tab > Custom Conditionals
"Use Custom Condition" should be checked and in the textbox you should find somewhere it says "mod:ctrl". Just change that to "mod:alt" then click the Apply button below the textbox (if you don't it won't save your changes). You will need to do this for all bars visible. Also, you will need to repeat this process for the alternate "healing" layout, so once you make the "mod:alt" changes to all the bars successfully, close the Bartender configuration window, switch to the alternate RealUI layout by clicking the layout icon in the lower-right corner of the screen, then repeat the process above to open Bartender settings and make the "mod:alt" changes again.
Technically it is possible to configure both layouts while in the Bartender configuration window, but if you're unfamiliar with Bartender settings I recommend doing it the safer way I explained.
Good luck.
Hey, thanks your your help. You've saved both my fingers and my head from pain.
Now, however, I have been experiencing another issue that started occurring while I waited for this above answer. The loot won window has this odd behavior of, slowly as time progresses and loot is rewarded, moving lower and lower on my screen; to the point of vanishing completely. While I originally thought it was a raven issue, I can't seem to find it's location anywhere to lock it in place. Not a huge issue, but it's the first time seeing it mentioned in the thread, so I thought I'd see if I could get help as well as help someone in the future. Again, thanks for any help.

05-28-14, 06:56 PM   #3447
Duli
A Kobold Labourer
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Is it by any chance possible to get the Infoline part as an extra Addon? This is by far one of the best things I´ve seen over the years. Clean and full of informations. (yes i know there is TitanPanel - but never liked it really)

05-30-14, 02:56 AM   #3448
Out1aw
A Theradrim Guardian

is there any way to hide character/focus/focus target/player target names?

05-30-14, 11:37 AM   #3449
10leej
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by nagibator666 View Post
is there any way to hide character/focus/focus target/player target names?
Likely in the default UI interface settings Game Menu > Interface > Names

06-01-14, 03:49 AM   #3450
vietsen
A Kobold Labourer
Deadly Boss Mod?

Hi there Nibelheim,

I just want to know whether RealUI is integrated with DBM already or I have to install it manually?

Thank you for your support and keep up the good works ,
Hai Thanh Nguyen

06-01-14, 10:47 AM   #3451
mison
A Kobold Labourer
Is there any way that I can disable grid and use in game/other raid frames? I cant stand healing with grid personally.

Last edited by mison : 06-01-14 at 10:53 AM.

06-02-14, 04:07 PM   #3452
Gethe
RealUI Developer

Premium Member
Featured
Originally Posted by vietsen View Post
Hi there Nibelheim,

I just want to know whether RealUI is integrated with DBM already or I have to install it manually?

Thank you for your support and keep up the good works ,
Hai Thanh Nguyen
DBM is a separate download, there is a link to it at the bottom of the RealUI info page.

Originally Posted by mison View Post
Is there any way that I can disable grid and use in game/other raid frames? I cant stand healing with grid personally.
Sure, at the character select screen you can click the AddOns button and disable Grid2, or delete the addon folder. Then you can use your favored raid frames.

06-08-14, 08:59 AM   #3453
Elysdeon
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
UnitFrame tweaks?

Hello all,

I've been switching back and forth between RealUI and my own custom mish-mash of addons. I love the clean look of RealUI, but I have a few questions/issues that I finally decided to ask about:

1) Does the RealUI core mask certain addon config options? For instance, I'd like to change the background of my unit frames and make the damage move from the outside in, rather than inside out. If so, is there a way to "unlock" the hidden options?

2) How much of the unit frame design is done in the addon, and how much is contained in RealUI core? Has anyone configured similar unit frames as a stand-alone?

3) How tolerant is RealUI of additional addons being installed? I don't want to bastardize an all-in-one, but I hate being locked into standard layouts/configurations.

4) I'm hesitant to fully configure a suite with a custom core maintained by one author. If RealUI core ever stops being supported, will the addons themselves (updated properly, of course) continue to function properly from patch to patch?

Thanks for providing such a great-looking UI! I hope I can get to a point where I'm comfortable fully committing to it!

06-09-14, 02:54 AM   #3454
Chaintz
A Kobold Labourer

Is there any way to show my exp bar / rep bar? Perhaps I just didnt find it... great interface btw-!

06-09-14, 04:28 AM   #3455
BruceSato
A Murloc Raider
Does this still get updated?

I just wanted to know if someone is still updating this compilation?

06-09-14, 12:20 PM   #3456
lothic
A Kobold Labourer
My bartender4 bars do not disapear when i do not have target. The do not disapear at all. Do you know a way to repair this?

06-09-14, 01:06 PM   #3457
Gethe
RealUI Developer

Premium Member
Featured
Originally Posted by Elysdeon View Post
Hello all,

I've been switching back and forth between RealUI and my own custom mish-mash of addons. I love the clean look of RealUI, but I have a few questions/issues that I finally decided to ask about:

1) Does the RealUI core mask certain addon config options? For instance, I'd like to change the background of my unit frames and make the damage move from the outside in, rather than inside out. If so, is there a way to "unlock" the hidden options?

2) How much of the unit frame design is done in the addon, and how much is contained in RealUI core? Has anyone configured similar unit frames as a stand-alone?

3) How tolerant is RealUI of additional addons being installed? I don't want to bastardize an all-in-one, but I hate being locked into standard layouts/configurations.

4) I'm hesitant to fully configure a suite with a custom core maintained by one author. If RealUI core ever stops being supported, will the addons themselves (updated properly, of course) continue to function properly from patch to patch?

Thanks for providing such a great-looking UI! I hope I can get to a point where I'm comfortable fully committing to it!
1) Yes and no. RealUI provides a simplified config for any addon it controls, e.g. Bartender, Raven, etc. However, the config that comes with those addons are still freely accessible through either slash commands (/raven) or an Advanced Options button the the RealUI config (Bartender).

2) The unit frames are created completely within RealUI via oUF. Nibelheim has released a version of the RealUI unit frames as a separate addon here, but this is based on an older version of RealUI and does not have the same look.

3) There are no restriction on the addons that you may use on top of RealUI. RealUI is not a singular addon, but rather a compilation of 21 different addons, plus modules. If you don't like the look of cargBags for example, you can easily disable it and use Bagnon or whatever your reference is. I personally have and use over 80 addons, plus modules, on top of RealUI.

4) Nibelheim has been very busy dealing with IRL stuff lately, but had just recently uploaded an update to WoWInterface. Also, I have been making updates on the GitHub repo, and plan to continue doing so into Warlords.

Note: I was one of the lucky few that got into the Warlords Alpha earlier last week. As soon as addons are enabled I will start updating, and will be looking here for anyone that is in the alpha/beta to help me test.

06-09-14, 01:52 PM   #3458
Elysdeon
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Gethe View Post
1) Yes and no. RealUI provides a simplified config for any addon it controls, e.g. Bartender, Raven, etc. However, the config that comes with those addons are still freely accessible through either slash commands (/raven) or an Advanced Options button the the RealUI config (Bartender).

2) The unit frames are created completely within RealUI via oUF. Nibelheim has released a version of the RealUI unit frames as a separate addon here, but this is based on an older version of RealUI and does not have the same look.

3) There are no restriction on the addons that you may use on top of RealUI. RealUI is not a singular addon, but rather a compilation of 21 different addons, plus modules. If you don't like the look of cargBags for example, you can easily disable it and use Bagnon or whatever your reference is. I personally have and use over 80 addons, plus modules, on top of RealUI.

4) Nibelheim has been very busy dealing with IRL stuff lately, but had just recently uploaded an update to WoWInterface. Also, I have been making updates on the GitHub repo, and plan to continue doing so into Warlords.

Note: I was one of the lucky few that got into the Warlords Alpha earlier last week. As soon as addons are enabled I will start updating, and will be looking here for anyone that is in the alpha/beta to help me test.
Thanks for the info.

I think I'm just going to keep both installed, and swap the folder names depending on what I feel like doing that day. Over time I'm sure I'll tweak them to near convergence.

Like I said, I love the clean look of RealUI, but my eyes *need* to see big green health bars to know how things are going. I can "get" the red damage on top of a grey background, but I'm really struggling with the mana-colored mana deficit. Also struggling with some of the Grid 2 quirks, but hopefully I'll get that ironed out soon enough. A FAQ to tweaking the sizes and colors of the unitframes would be awesome. Maybe if I have success in tweaking them myself I'll write up how to do it.

06-10-14, 08:14 AM   #3459
Shockattackr
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Malkorok Grid 2 help

Is there a way i can view the Shield buff on Grid2. I know there is a tracking thing with Grid. but im not sure about grid2

06-10-14, 01:19 PM   #3460
spiros83
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Latest Update

Hi there, wanted to ask what the latest update actually does, I mean what exactly is the new DBM skin and how do I use it?

Just add DBM in the addons folder, and re-initialize or reset the ui? Just installing it normally, doesnt do much, it just gives me the default DBM look...

Thanks in advance

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » RealUI » RealUI