12-26-14, 11:40 AM   #1
zinnfo
A Defias Bandit
Handy notes

Will Carbonite ever work with handy notes? Currently wont show treausure chests using carbonite. So don't use carbonite do due that.
12-26-14, 11:46 AM   #2
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by zinnfo View Post
Will Carbonite ever work with handy notes? Currently wont show treausure chests using carbonite. So don't use carbonite do due that.
Thats not Carbonite problem. That depends Handy Notes developers. They have update their addon to work with Live version of Carbonite.
12-26-14, 11:47 AM   #3
brownmit
A Murloc Raider
Handynotes and Carbonite

So, i've been using Hanynotes with Carbonite throughout most of the alpha phase and it worked fine - but you had to use TomTom with it.

Over the last couple of releases a few things have changed. It seems that Carbonite is now sucking the handynotes icons off and into the map buttons grid - mine just filled the entire right hand side of my screen so I had to disable handynotes - that might be something to look in to.

I've used another addon while carbonite was not useable - Minimap Button Bag, that allowed me to filter out icons that I didn't want it to grab off the map; that seemed to work fine, but for the quantity of icons something like handy notes puts on, that would be too much work.

So, way down on the "to-do" list would definitely be handynotes integration, especially with tomtom emulation support working - I for one prefer to use just Carbonite's HUD/Crazy Taxi and I would prefer not to bother with TomTom at all.

Thanks as always for all the great work!
12-26-14, 12:26 PM   #4
zinnfo
A Defias Bandit
Ok, i guess I could always use the map that comes up when you use the built in quest map, thats if you werent gonna use carbonite quest i guess. That map shows the icons on it So get to use carbonite again......happy

Last edited by zinnfo : 12-26-14 at 12:33 PM.
12-27-14, 02:52 AM   #5
diveX
A Fallenroot Satyr
I am using the Live Version of Carbonite and latest release of handynotes + handynotes_draenortreasures...

There aren't any icons neither on worldmap (m) nor "minimap"...
I have ZERO icons on my worldmap. I dont know what I am doing know :-(
12-27-14, 05:45 AM   #6
nelegalno2
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by diveX View Post
I am using the Live Version of Carbonite and latest release of handynotes + handynotes_draenortreasures...

There aren't any icons neither on worldmap (m) nor "minimap"...
I have ZERO icons on my worldmap. I dont know what I am doing know :-(
The only thing you can do is contact Handy Notes authors and ask them to update it: http://www.wowace.com/addons/handynotes/tickets/
12-27-14, 07:58 AM   #7
diveX
A Fallenroot Satyr
Hi, it is defnitely a carbonite thing!

With the latest github version it happens from time to time that the icons appear on Carbonites map. So it is capable of showing them on the map, but not reliably!
12-27-14, 10:38 PM   #8
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I'm using the latest live version of carbonite as well, along with handynotes and draenor treasures. Not having any issues with my notes/icones showing up on the minimap or the default world map. I do not use the carbonite map at all, so I couldn't tell you if they show up there or not.
12-30-14, 09:40 AM   #9
R_OReilly
An Aku'mai Servant
I have noticed that nearby HandyNotes POI show up on the Carbonite minimap when you are in motion but not when stopped or expanded. This gives me hope the HandyNotes folks can do a simple fix to get them working together. For now I just alt-M to bring up the standard WoW map and navigate from there.
01-18-15, 08:05 AM   #10
drpaddoman
A Kobold Labourer
Handynotes for carbonite map

is there a way to get handynotes working on carbonite map ? cause i believe the autor of that plugin quit cause latest one is from 2012 woud be awsome if you coud get it to work
01-18-15, 08:22 AM   #11
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

HandyNotes was last updated in Nov 2014 over on Curse. You may want to try that version. I do not know if it will show on Carbs map though.

Here's a link to it
http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/handynotes

*Edit*
Just saw that there was an actual plugin for HandyNotes ( http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/handy-notes_carbonite )that was supposed to allow it to show on Carbonites Map. Not sure if that's needed anymore. It may just be a matter of the HandyNotes author adding in support for it. It may be an easier task now than it was in the past to do that.

Last edited by Vis : 01-18-15 at 08:29 AM.
01-18-15, 08:32 AM   #12
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by drpaddoman View Post
is there a way to get handynotes working on carbonite map ? cause i believe the autor of that plugin quit cause latest one is from 2012 woud be awsome if you coud get it to work
Read this threads and Sticky threads or use search...

p.s. thread marged with other of the same topic.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite: Maps (Main AddOn) » Handy notes