Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
11-05-10, 04:34 PM   #1
Haavok
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Exclamation Cataclysm Database Update

With the expansion rapidly approaching I thought I would give a brief update as to what’s happening with the quest database and where things stand with the upcoming expansion.

Firstly, we’re adding a couple of new fields to the database – quest category & quest min level:

• Quest Category – These categories include all the world events, class and profession specific quests. Any quests that you can’t pick up will be filtered from the quest list, quest givers, etc.

• Quest Minimum Level – Adding minimum level requirement to pick up a quest. We can use this when displaying quest givers to indicate quests you are too low level to pick up. I’m not sure what we’re going to do with this yet; either not display these quests or tint the parchment thingy red.

We hope to get this implemented in the next version before the expansion hits.

With regard to Cataclysm, we will probably start by using the in-game quest locations. This will be rapidly replaced with captured data submitted by Carbonite users. The code for generating quest areas is being completely reworked and will allow us to highlight the most popular areas where objectives are completed as well as filtering out stale & erroneous data. We’ve always tried to provide the ‘cleanest’ objective areas and this will take it to a whole new level.

In addition, sometime after the expansion we will be adding reputation categories to the quests so that you will be able to list all quests that give xyz reputation.

Cheers,

Last edited by Haavok : 11-05-10 at 05:50 PM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Cataclysm Database Update