11-20-06, 11:54 PM   #1
sabyth
A Defias Bandit
Fps

I am looking for a way or hints /tips on how to improve the fps in game, i run a 1.8 ghz with 512 ramm, 64mb mx400 gforce.
i have tried many different ui's mods/addons, mixed and mathed, some of the addons i like, some are just too dang game boggy, any tips/help would be much appreciated, thanks
11-21-06, 01:20 AM   #2
torokokill
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
My best advice would be to buy more ram and a better video card:S.

My next bit of advice- Keep things as minimal as possible. The more ui mods you have running, the more things are stored in memory, and the more time your cpu has to spend on processing those ui mods.
Keeping most of your ui mods running under ace2 helps a lot too. If there are 2 ui mods that run the same module of ace2, then only one of those two duplicate modules will be loaded into memory, and both addons will use that one module. There are ace/ace2 replacements for most major mods out there. When i switched from non-ace mods to mostly ace mods, my ui memory usage went down 10mb.

Try to stay away from the data gathering ui mods like Gatherer, Auctioneer, CT RaidTracker and Lootlink. They can take up insane amounts of ui memory. If you do want to use these, only enable them when you need them. Which brings me to my last point.

One final thing, disable ui mods when you aren't using them. For example, disable CTRA/oRA when you aren't raiding. I only enable fishingbuddy when I go out to fish.

Last edited by torokokill : 11-21-06 at 01:27 AM.
11-22-06, 10:10 AM   #3
sabyth
A Defias Bandit
Fps

kewl thanks, the upgades will have to wait for a lil bit with the hoilidays coing, kids gotta get stuff from Santa :P
but thank you for the advice. I have another question too if you can help on that one.
In the video options where the Shader effects is, mine are greyed out but have full screen glow effect and the one below it checked, i cannont turn them off, i have tried moving my addons folder to another spot in my docts tepm and ran the repair module, still nothing, reason i dad that was a guildie suggested it might help to get it to where i could turn it on or off.
As for Ace/Ace2, i like using them along with bongos for the bars options, i do have ctmods/ctraid on, and will try your suggetion of turning them off.

Again thank you for the tips
Sabyth
11-22-06, 10:21 AM   #4
Flarin
A Frostmaul Preserver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
If you use combat mods like Recap, SW_Stats or Damage Meters you can lose some FPS too. These types of mods are very "expensive" with regards to memory and processing power.

Also- try disabling everything that you do not need in windows before launching WoW. There is a mod called "WoW Loader" somewhere that does this for you - this can release precious ram and cpu cycles for WoW.

Hope this helps.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Fps