11-26-06, 02:37 AM   #1
sbjlsmtj
A Murloc Raider
Help with My Compilation PLEASE!

I hope I'm posting this in the right spot.

Hello Everyone,
This is my first post here and it’s a whopper! I need help, well when I say I, I really mean my guild. I play in a buddy guild and they are always asking me the questions that they could have the answers to if they just had a good mod compilation. So I took up the task of trying to bring them into the light, I mean why drive a Ford if you have a Porche sitting in the garage. A few of my buddies play on either low latency lines or low process computers, so that was a problem to start with also. The more I read about Ace2 the more I seen that they could also run these mods and still have good frame rate (maybe not all the mods but at least some), but mostly, it was just that we didn’t know that much about the UI and none of us are programmers. I had put my own compilation together already, so I got told (I mean asked) to make something for the guild with all this in mind. So trying to make things somewhat easy but a thousand times better has led me here.

The following is the list that I have as of now with my mods. I’m pretty sure I’ve duplicated more than one process at least but not sure exactly which one does what. So I figured that I needed professional help with this project. If you all could please ( and I mean please cause I know it might take you a few minutes to read this and figure it all out) help me refine what I have and make what I have better, it would be great! I have hardly any quams about switching programs out for something else that is better, does more, or is more efficient. I want this UI to have as much info as possible and use the least amount as memmory as possible, but I’m leaning more towards the info, so anyways, here is the list that I have working now:

Ace 1.3.1
Ace 2
AceNameToggle (Needs Ace 1.3.1, is there another program that will do it that I have?)
AcePlayerMenu (Don’t think I’ve used this specifically, not 100% sure what it does even, probably don’t need it?)
AlphaMap (v2.62.11200)
Atlas v 1.8.4
AtlasLoot Enhanced
AtlasQuest (v 3.17.43)
Auctioneer
Autobuff [Emerald]
Automation
AutoShoutOut (v1.15.6)
AutoTarget
Bagnon
Bagnon Core
Bagnon_Forever
Bagnon_Options
Bagnon_Spot
Banknon
Beancounter
BonusScanner
Character Info Storage
Character Info
ChatBar
CircleStrafe
Cirk’s Fastcast (v 1.11.2 Does this do anything really, didn’t notice any improvement.)
Cooldown Count
Cooldown Count (CT)
CT_BarMod
CT_BottomBar
CT_MailMod
CT_MasterMod
CT_PlayerNotes
CT_RABossMods
CT_RaidAssist
CT_RaidTracker
DamageMeters
Detox
DeuceCommander
DeuceLog
Dhask’s FlightMap (v 1.12-1)
ECastingbar by Repent
Elkano’s Buffbar
Enchantrix
EnhancedLootFrames (Needs Ace 1.3.1, anything similar that is Ace 2 I could use?)
EnhTooltip
EQCompare
Fishing Buddy
Fizzle
Fizzwidget Adspace
Fizzwidget Autocraft
Fizzwidget Reagent Cost
FruityLoots
Gatherer
Informant (Never seems to give anything useful, don’t need probably?)
ItemRack
KillMore by TXTlingit
LootTracker
Master Control Program
MetaHud
MetaHud Options
MetaMap
MetamapBKP
MetamapBLT
MetamapBWP (not sure what this is for)
MetamapCVT (Import and conversions? Never done it, don’t need?)
MetamapExp (Export? Again, never done it, don’t need?)
MetamapFWM
MetamapQST
MetamapWKB
Minnastats (with this do I need DamageMeters, this does a lot more)
Mobhealth3
Mobile Minimap Buttons (don’t most mods come with a way to move the minimap buttons by themselves already? So don’t need?)
MobInfo-2
MonkeyLibrary (v 2.4)
MonkeyQuest (v 2.4)
MoveAnything!
MyAddOns
Natur ECB (5.4.8)
NECB Options (5.4.8)
OutfitDisplayFrame (v 0.5.8)
QuestHistory (Version 2.51)
QuestItem
QuuSpellAlert
RestedBonus
ScrollingCombatText
SCT – Damage
SCT Cooldowns (v 1.4)
SCT Options
SCTD Options
Set Wrangler
Simple Combat Log
SKMap
SortEnchant
SpellDuration
SpellDuration [Data]-EN
SpellAlert SCT (just got this working when I was updating, don’t need Quu now?)
SpellAlert SCT Options
Sprocket
Stubby
SuperInspect
SuperInspect_UI
SuperMacro (with all the changes, don’t need this anymore now right?)
Telo’s Lootlink (also have quickloot disabled but can’t find it to remove it, embedded?)
TheoryCraft
Titan Panel
Titan [Critline]
Titan Ammo
Titan Bag
Titan BGInfo (v 0.06)
Titan Clock
Titan CoOrds
Titan EmoteMenu
TitanFriends
Titan HonorPlus
Titan ItemBonuses
Titan LootType
Titan Money
Titan Performance
Titan Regen
Titan Repair
Titan Roll
Titan StanceSets (v 1.0.0)
Titan XP
Titan ZoneSpeed
Titan Itemized Deductions – ShadowEOS
TitanBG Updater
Tooltip Wrangler
TrinketMenu
Tristan’s Item/RPP Mod
UberQuest
Weapon Quick Swap
X-Perl
Yatlas (Does the battlegrounds maps come from this or metamap, if not from this, probably don’t need it, never use it hardly)

Thinking of replacing Titan with Fubar (if I can get the same add ons with Fubar).

Thinking of replacing CT mailmod with something else, would like a mod that would let me right click to place into bulk mail instead of drag and drop and would also like it to remember the people I send items to.

Thinking of replacing CTRA with Ora2 along with swapping in XRS and Big Wigs, might even throw in TellTrack.

I also need to add Priest/Pally Support: Is there an Ace2 version of Benecast? If not, adding in Benecast, Clique, Fortify, Squishy, and SmartRes.

I also need to add Hunter Support: Thinking of adding Fizzwidget’s Feed-o-matic and Hunter’s helper.

Misc things I have been thinking of adding: RecipeBook, AuldLangSyne (looks like it combines 2 of my mods into 1), KC_Enhanced Trade Skill and Items, ImprovedErrorFrame, and finding a program to auto equip the carrot when your riding and unequip it when you dismount (trinketmenu used to but a patch stopped it somewhere along the lines I think).

Basics that you may need to know. I/we are from the US and play on an US pvp server. We all have bank toons and twinks that we try to keep track of. I want to make this mod usable for everyone, so I don’t want to miss something that a specific class needs or always uses, since they can always disable what they don’t need. I am big on information, I want as much as I can get about everything, no such thing as too much.

Thanks for making it thru the post. Please Help me, by helping me, you'll be helping a whole guild, ok granted only 13 people, at once. Thanks again!
11-26-06, 03:20 AM   #2
Theon
A Theradrim Guardian

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by sbjlsmtj

Bagnon
Bagnon Core
Bagnon_Forever
Bagnon_Options bagnon are a nice combo for the bag.
Bagnon_Spot
Banknon
Cooldown Count It is always nice to have a solid cooldown counter with timer bars, I use OCD my self (Otravi_cooldown)
CT_BarMod Switch to Bartender2
CT_BottomBar Same as above
CT_MailMod I think grennon mail would do what you wan't, while being ace2
CT_RABossMods Bigwigs, much nicer on the memory usage (ace2)
CT_RaidAssist Ora2, again, nicer on the memory usage as it is ace2
DamageMeters Can test using SW_stats aswell, not sure which is most memory efficent
Detox Good addon, keep in mind it will break in TBC
DeuceCommander A very handy tool for configuring ace mods.
ECastingbar by Repent Try testin OCB (oCastingBar), works similarily to ECB, but is ace'd
Elkano’s Buffbar Lovely buff addon
ItemRack There is an ace'd mod named outfitter I think, use Itemrack myself.
MetaHud I've always liked IceHud myself, a nice HUD in ace2
Mobhealth3 A must if you want to show the health a mob has
Mobile Minimap Buttons Most addons do come with a way to move it, just nice to have a way to move them off the minimap, Visor does this aswell as a whole lot of things.
MobInfo-2 For me, I don't personally need all of this - and keep in mind stored data is nasty on the FPS.
MoveAnything! This can aswell be used to move the minimap buttons, there is Visor as an ace change, but it has alot more functions, so I'm not sure which is nicest on the fps.
Natur ECB (5.4.8) Try using Antagonist, ace2'd enemy casting bar.
QuuSpellAlert Most likely not needed if you have an enemy casting bar
ScrollingCombatText You can always try using Mikscrollingbattletext, both are about equal in terms of memory usage, you just need to decide which you prefer yourself.
SCT – Damage
SCT Options
SCTD Options Same as for scrollingcombattext
Simple Combat Log Love how this cleans up my combat log myself
Titan Panel For all Titan addons, switch to FuBar. The memory usage will go down by alot
TrinketMenu Itemrack can do this aswell, no need to have both
X-Perl I take it this is a self/party etc frame addon? You can try using AG_Unitframes

I just added notes of what I think to the addons I had comments for, good luck with the compilation
11-26-06, 07:03 AM   #3
Barras
A Fallenroot Satyr
As with the previous poster, I'm listing your current addons with my personal opinions/comments.

If you must support all classes I'd suggest you break it up. Make a core compilation pack containing JUST the addons everyone will use, then make extra class based packs with the addons needed for each class and your guildies can mix/match the parts they need rather than running a ton of unnecessary addons.

Ace 1.3.1 - Lose it. Find alternatives for any Ace 1 addons you still have.

AceNameToggle - There's a non-ace'd addon that I think does the same thing. Probably better to use that than have Ace installed for 1 addon.

AcePlayerMenu - Update to PlayerMenu (Ace2) if you need it. Adds extra options to the right click menu on names in chat. (invite, ignore, etc)

AlphaMap (v2.62.11200)
Atlas v 1.8.4 - Haven't used both, but I'm 90% sure they're the same thing? Lose one of them. Consider Cartographer (Ace2) as an alternative, although it's still in developement. Cartographer will support plugins, including one to replace gatherer when complete.

AtlasLoot Enhanced
AtlasQuest (v 3.17.43) - Don't know any alternatives, but I don't consider them necessary. Perhaps include them in an optional extras zip rather than the core compilation?

Auctioneer - Resource hog, afaik.

Bagnon
Bagnon Core
Bagnon_Forever
Bagnon_Options
Bagnon_Spot
Banknon - Never used Bagnon. Onebag as a possible Ace2'd alternative?

ChatBar - Don't know what it does, but if you're interested in Acing as much as possible consider Prat for all chat mod needs (delete any modules from prat you don't want to run).

Cooldown Count
Cooldown Count (CT) - oCC

CT_BarMod - Bartender2 (Bartender3 for TBC), Bongos, etc
CT_BottomBar - Lose it.
CT_MailMod - Gmail. Ace2'd clone of CT_MailMod.
CT_MasterMod - Lose if possible.
CT_PlayerNotes -
CT_RABossMods - BigWigs
CT_RaidAssist - Ora2
CT_RaidTracker - Keep if needed.

Dhask’s FlightMap (v 1.12-1) - Not sure what this does, but InFlight and Cartographer will combine to mark flight masters on maps.

ECastingbar by Repent - oCB

EnhancedLootFrames (Needs Ace 1.3.1, anything similar that is Ace 2 I could use?) - Hrm, Xloot? Not sure what EnhancedLootFrames does, but Xloot is an Ace2'd loot frame.
FruityLoots - Never used it, Xloot may do what this does, dunno for sure.

Gatherer - Resource hog. Consider making it optional. Keep an eye on Cartographer with PinPoint plugin as a future alternative.

Mobile Minimap Buttons (don’t most mods come with a way to move the minimap buttons by themselves already? So don’t need?) - Not all do, so you may still want to keep it.
MoveAnything! - Visor2 (Ace2'd version of Visor) has just had it's first release. Very light, lacks a GUI so isn't as user-friendly. May also replace the Minimap button mover above.

Telo’s Lootlink (also have quickloot disabled but can’t find it to remove it, embedded?) - Xloot does this I think.

Titan Panel - Fubar alternatives available for all but one (maybe two) of the Titan plugins you're using.

On reflection, I think you could probably do alot to improve the size of your compilation. Seems like there's alot of redundancy in various addons. I'd even go so far as to suggest you start again from scratch and build it up adding things you really need. Avoid data mining addons where possible, especially for any of your guildies with limited resources.

I'm an Ace2 fan, so I'd suggest going down that path with as many addons as possible, but that's my biased opinion.

Last edited by Barras : 11-26-06 at 07:07 AM.
11-26-06, 11:44 AM   #4
tophero21
A Cliff Giant

alright, much like the two others before me, i've gone through and commented out your addons for (imo) better efficiency/results and less redundancy and anything else i could think of. italicized are what i'd lose. oh, and i added in a couple bolded notes to your bottom comments, don't miss them.

final note: like barras said, i'd recommend you break it up into a couple of packs; lite, heavy, and class related because while you may have no problem running everything, a lot of these mods are really not essential (loaded word tho it may be). for example, the crafting mods; i personally don't use any because i like to keep my mem usage slim, your guildmates might feel the same way.
you'll also notice that i didn't comment on everything. this is because i either already mentioned the addon while talking about another one, or it was good, or because i simply did not have the knowledge of the addon to really say anything about it. you do have a lot of good mods in here, it just needs a little pruning.
the biggest thing that i noticed while looking through your pack is that it seems as though you do not have a good idea what many of these mods do for you (no offense intended), hence the redundancy. i'd suggest before you do anything that you go through and look up each mod again and check them in-game so that you get that understanding of what they are doing for you, maybe take the list and comment yourself on them all. once you do that, you will have a much better idea of what sort of functionality you want/need/use and therefore able to do a lot of the restructuring yourself and remove those mods that just seem to "be there."

good luck getting everything to work for your guild.
----------------------------------------------------------

Ace 1.3.1 --> only thing i use ace 1.3.1 for atm is KCItems, there should be alternatives for everything else, check http://wow.wowace.com/files/ for a full listing of ace addons and since you aren't using KCI, i'd say no need for this (although i'd recommend it over the very heavy auctioneer)
Ace 2
AceNameToggle (Needs Ace 1.3.1, is there another program that will do it that I have?) --> honestly, i'd just drop this; the functionality provided really isn't that important, but if it really floats your boat, keep it, although you will be forced to hold on to your Ace 1.3.1
AcePlayerMenu (Don’t think I’ve used this specifically, not 100% sure what it does even, probably don’t need it?) -->all this does is allow you to right click on people's names it chat and select some options for them, i.e. invite, ignore, etc. as barras said, there is an Ace 2 alternative (playermenu) if you really feel the need to hold on to this.
AlphaMap (v2.62.11200) -->lotta redundancy here; you DON'T need this, atlas, and metamap since a lot of the same functionality is repeated. like barras said, keep an eye on cartographer as this will be a great replacement for all three and will be able to cover all of your needs.
Atlas v 1.8.4 --> regarding the atlas mods, i use atlas and atlasloot so i know what a benefit they can be. for right now i'd say hold onto them, but again, keep an eye on cartographer.
AtlasLoot Enhanced
AtlasQuest (v 3.17.43)
Auctioneer --> KCItems; see note above
Autobuff [Emerald] --> handy, but will be somewhat broke come patch day, see what they are doing about it (i personally use smartbuff, which is going to a keybind system)
Automation --> dunno what this does, ask yourself if you really need/use it
AutoShoutOut (v1.15.6) --> can be helpful i suppose, although really people should be paying attention to your health bars if they're in your party, i haven't used it in quite some time but if you like it, keep it, shouldn't take up too much mem
AutoTarget --> dunno what this does, ask yourself if you really need/use it
Bagnon --> bagnon mods are good, Tuller is a very efficient coder so you should have no qualms about using these
Bagnon Core
Bagnon_Forever
Bagnon_Options
Bagnon_Spot
Banknon
Beancounter
BonusScanner
Character Info Storage
Character Info
ChatBar --> probably replaceable with Prat
CircleStrafe --> last i checked, this functionality was no longer allowed so this is just taking up space
Cirk’s Fastcast (v 1.11.2 Does this do anything really, didn’t notice any improvement.)
Cooldown Count --> replace both of these with Omni Cooldown Count by Tuller, it will cover all of your cooldown needs.
Cooldown Count (CT)
CT_BarMod --> these two barmods can be replaced by bongos or bartender2. check them out and see which one you prefer.
CT_BottomBar
CT_MailMod --> GMail
CT_MasterMod --> replace if possible, there are often smaller individual mods that can take the place of what this does
CT_PlayerNotes --> there is an ace2 alternative i believe but you will have to search the addon list
CT_RABossMods --> bigwigs
CT_RaidAssist --> oRA 2
CT_RaidTracker --> if you really need it
DamageMeters --> my preferred damage charts, but fairly resource intensive
Detox --> really handy, yes i know, but will no longer work with next patch so i'd recommend getting rid of it now and getting used to having to cleanse without it
DeuceCommander
DeuceLog
Dhask’s FlightMap (v 1.12-1) --> Ace 2'ed InFlight
ECastingbar by Repent --> oCB
Elkano’s Buffbar
Enchantrix
EnhancedLootFrames (Needs Ace 1.3.1, anything similar that is Ace 2 I could use?)
EnhTooltip --> think this is for auctioneer? if so, dump it if you drop that
EQCompare
Fishing Buddy --> great addon, very informative, kinda large; FishEase provide the click-casting without all the other options
Fizzle
Fizzwidget Adspace
Fizzwidget Autocraft
Fizzwidget Reagent Cost
FruityLoots
Gatherer --> best option right now, but keep an eye on PinPoint/Cartographer
Informant (Never seems to give anything useful, don’t need probably?) --> dunno what it does
ItemRack
KillMore by TXTlingit --> dunno what it does, really necessary?
LootTracker
Master Control Program --> great mod
MetaHud
MetaHud Options
MetaMap --> see previous note
MetamapBKP
MetamapBLT
MetamapBWP (not sure what this is for)
MetamapCVT (Import and conversions? Never done it, don’t need?)
MetamapExp (Export? Again, never done it, don’t need?)
MetamapFWM
MetamapQST
MetamapWKB
Minnastats (with this do I need DamageMeters, this does a lot more) --> choose either minnastats or damagemeters, don't need both
Mobhealth3
Mobile Minimap Buttons (don’t most mods come with a way to move the minimap buttons by themselves already? So don’t need?) --> believe this allows you to drag them off of the minimap cluster to wherever you want, your choice on keeping it if you don't need to do this
MobInfo-2 --> redundant, either use mobhealth3 or this, don't need both.
MonkeyLibrary (v 2.4) --> no monkeyquest means no monkeylibrary
MonkeyQuest (v 2.4) --> can be replaced with fubar's QuestFu
MoveAnything!
MyAddOns --> really necessary?
Natur ECB (5.4.8)
NECB Options (5.4.8)
OutfitDisplayFrame (v 0.5.8)
QuestHistory (Version 2.51)
QuestItem
QuuSpellAlert
RestedBonus
ScrollingCombatText
SCT – Damage
SCT Cooldowns (v 1.4)
SCT Options
SCTD Options
Set Wrangler
Simple Combat Log
SKMap
SortEnchant
SpellDuration
SpellDuration [Data]-EN
SpellAlert SCT (just got this working when I was updating, don’t need Quu now?)
SpellAlert SCT Options
Sprocket
Stubby
SuperInspect
SuperInspect_UI
SuperMacro (with all the changes, don’t need this anymore now right?)
Telo’s Lootlink (also have quickloot disabled but can’t find it to remove it, embedded?)
TheoryCraft
Titan Panel --> like barras said, replace with fubar and corresponding mods
Titan [Critline]
Titan Ammo
Titan Bag
Titan BGInfo (v 0.06)
Titan Clock
Titan CoOrds
Titan EmoteMenu
TitanFriends
Titan HonorPlus
Titan ItemBonuses
Titan LootType
Titan Money
Titan Performance
Titan Regen
Titan Repair
Titan Roll
Titan StanceSets (v 1.0.0)
Titan XP
Titan ZoneSpeed
Titan Itemized Deductions – ShadowEOS
TitanBG Updater
Tooltip Wrangler
TrinketMenu
Tristan’s Item/RPP Mod
UberQuest
Weapon Quick Swap
X-Perl
Yatlas (Does the battlegrounds maps come from this or metamap, if not from this, probably don’t need it, never use it hardly) --> don't know either, do you really need a map for the battlegrounds?

Thinking of replacing Titan with Fubar (if I can get the same add ons with Fubar).

Thinking of replacing CT mailmod with something else, would like a mod that would let me right click to place into bulk mail instead of drag and drop and would also like it to remember the people I send items to.

Thinking of replacing CTRA with Ora2 along with swapping in XRS and Big Wigs, might even throw in TellTrack.

I also need to add Priest/Pally Support: Is there an Ace2 version of Benecast? If not, adding in Benecast, Clique, Fortify, Squishy, and SmartRes.
do you really need fortify if you have autobuff already?

I also need to add Hunter Support: Thinking of adding Fizzwidget’s Feed-o-matic and Hunter’s helper.

Misc things I have been thinking of adding: RecipeBook, AuldLangSyne (looks like it combines 2 of my mods into 1), KC_Enhanced Trade Skill and Items, ImprovedErrorFrame, and finding a program to auto equip the carrot when your riding and unequip it when you dismount (trinketmenu used to but a patch stopped it somewhere along the lines I think).
ItemRack can do mount/dismount autoequip already, don't need anything new to handle this

Basics that you may need to know. I/we are from the US and play on an US pvp server. We all have bank toons and twinks that we try to keep track of. I want to make this mod usable for everyone, so I don’t want to miss something that a specific class needs or always uses, since they can always disable what they don’t need. I am big on information, I want as much as I can get about everything, no such thing as too much.

Thanks for making it thru the post. Please Help me, by helping me, you'll be helping a whole guild, ok granted only 13 people, at once. Thanks again!
11-30-06, 11:51 PM   #5
sbjlsmtj
A Murloc Raider
Second Try at Compilation

Hello again everyone!

I’m back with my overhaul of the mod I’m trying to work out for my guild and myself. After my first post and the great comment and help I got, I seen that I had lots to learn. Matter of fact, I was kind of embarrassed at how bad the first try was really. So after lots of reading, many trial and errors, and a good bit of game play, the following is my new list:

Fizzwidget Feed-O-Matic= Hunter auto pet feeder.

Fizzwidget Hunter’s Helper= Places a loot link that helps you find tamable beasts to learn pet skills from.

Ace 2= Ace2 is a collection of libraries intended to: improve modularity, improve performance, and simplify the addon and library creation process.

Antagonist (Ace 2)= Tracks enemy casting times, buffs, and cooldowns, like enemy cast bars.

ArcHud (Ace 2)= Combat Hud based on HurfedHud

Atlas v 1.8.4= Instance map browser, installed to use next 2 entries
AtlasLoot Enhanced= Shows possible loot from the bosses, great data here.
AtlasQuest (v 3.17.43)= Shows the quests for the instance, again great data here.

Auctioneer= Displays item info and analyses auction data. Lots of data here but it’s a real hog on data and it needs both enhtooltip and stubby to work (you might as well say enchantrix is linked also since enchantrix depends on enhtooltip and stubby also). I would really like to find a more efficient set of programs that do the same things but I have not found them yet. Please let me know if you have suggestions. I was thinking of Ludwig, Ludwig sellprice, and Fizzwidget Disenchant Estimator but we don’t think that the Estimator will work in the frame. So please, ANY suggestions would be GREAT!

Auldlangsyne (Ace 2)= Combines CT_PlayerNotes and Friend_Facts

Autobuff [Emerald]= Autocast self buffs, weapon buffs, tracking, aspects, and seals.

Automation (Ace 2)= Gives you the ability to automate most little things in the game like auto profit, auto dismount, autorepair, auto accept conjured item, auto decline duel etc.

AutoTarget= Gives parameters to autotarget, like target what’s targeting you etc.

Bagnon= These are anytime viewable bank/bag, configurable mods, great.
Bagnon Core
Bagnon_Forever
Bagnon_Options
Bagnon_Spot
Banknon

Beancounter= Auctioneer addon that keeps price history, again a hog, replacement????

Benecast= Priest addon to cast spells on groups and friends, very configurable.

Big Wigs (Ace 2)= Boss Mod with Timer bars, ex CT_bossmod
Big Wigs CThun Assist
“ Healbot Assist
“ Loatheb Tactical
“ Nefarian Counter
“ Razuvious Assistant
“ Thaddius Arrows= All these are Big Wigs Additional Boss Mob Add ons

Bug Grabber= Grabs bugs for Bug Sack
Bug Sack (Ace 2)= Improved Error Catcher, depends on Bug Grabber, Fubar plug’d also.

BuyEmAll= Enhances shift+click interface at vendors to buy more than 20 at a time.

Cartographer (Ace 2)= Map mod, replaces Metamap and Alphamap
Cartographer_herbalism (Ace 2)= Notes the map for herbs
Cartographer_Mining (Ace 2)= Notes the map for mining. These 2 replace Gatherer.

Character Info Storage (Ace 2)= Stores toons inventories for an account
Character Info (Ace 2)= Lets you view toon’s inventories, banks, and bags for an account at any time from any toon.

Clique (Ace 2)= Configurable click casting interface.

DetachedMiniButtons= Lets you move minimap buttons around the map or any where.

DeuceCommander (Ace 2)= Graphical interface to Ace 2 addon slash commands.
DeuceLog (Ace 2)= Logs when you kill or get killed by an enemy.

EgoCast (Ace 2)= Deuce’d SuperSelfCast, didn’t think I’d need it, but I did. One of the other mods makes you disable the reg alt self cast, so had to use this.

Elkano’s Buffbar= Show’s player’s buffs and debuffs as bars, great mod.

Enchantrix= Displays disenchant info, hog, replacement???

EnhTooltip= Have to have with Auctioneer and Enchantrix, big tooltip. Replacement???

EQCompare (Ace 2)= Compare equipped inventory items with other equipment.

Fishing Buddy= A bit big but I like it better than Fish Ease.

Fizzle (Ace 2)= Shows item durability and quality in character frame and colors it.

FuBar 2.0 (Ace 2)= Panel that modules can plug into, titan panel replacement.
AmmoFu= Keeps track of ammo (the FU means it hooks into Fubar or at least can)

Bartender2Fu= Action Bar mod. Don’t like the “out of ranger coloring” on this. It’s only a small red dot in a corner of your spell square. I can’t figure out how to make it color the whole square nor can I find a mod that does color the whole square of Bartender. Plus, it only give you 5 anything bars. Might replace this with BongoBars or something, suggestions???

BattegroundFu= Battleground information for fubar, just like titan.
ClockFu= Gives you a clock like titan but better.
CombatinfoFu= Adds combat stats in a central location on fubar.
CorkFu= Tracks needed buffs, debuffs, and more for you, your group, or raid.
DurabilityFu= Tracks durability of your equipment and can pop up dialog box at vendor.
EmoteFu= Easily access emotes on fubar.
ExperienceFu= Keeps track of experience.
GarbageFu= Can drop the least valuable item to make space, all doubles as a bag mod.
GroupFu= Combines Loot type and Roll from Titan.
HeyFu= Tracks whispers and conversations even while afk, and makes names clickable.
HonorFu= Keeps track of honor and pvp statistics.
ItemBonusesFu= Displays item bonuses of equipment on fubar.
KTMFu= Toggles hide of KTM threat meter.
LocationFu= Keeps track of you location and gives other info of the area.
MoneyFu= Tracks current money on all characters on one realm, configurable.
PerformanceFu= Tracks performance of memory, latency and framrate.
QuestsFu= Tracks quests, replaces Monkey quest.
RegenFu= Shows hp/mp regen rate, 5 second rule stats, and more.
ScaleFu= UI scale plugin for fubar.
SkillsplusFu= Shows skills in tooltip and allows them to be used. Tracks cooldowns, like magecloth and arcanite, which is what I use it for mostly.
Top ScoreFu= Tracks your reg and crits for damage/heals and more, replaces critline.
VolumeFu= Controls game volume settings.
WhispercastFu= Plugin for Fubar to see your cast mod.

Gmail (Ace 2)= CT_mailmod replacement and remembers last name mailed.

Inflight (Ace 2)= Configurable flight timer.

ItemRack= Context menus for inventory items. (Need ItemRack for Dummies also)

KLMThreatMeter= Monitors your threat.

Lexan (Ace 2)= Prevents certain windows, like AH, from being closed accidentally. Lets you open character frame over AH without closing AH.

Master Control Program= Lets you see your addons in game and enable or disable them plus it can reload your UI.

Manufac (Ace 2)= Retooled professions table with queue options for auto crafting.

Minnastats= Tracks damage/healing for self/party/raid, I like it better than Damage Meters. Lets you report easily to several channels, plus keeps a per fight total.

Mobhealth3 (Ace 2)= Estimates a mob’s health.

oCB2 (Ace 2)= Configurable casting bar replacement.

OmniCC= Cooldown count for everything.

Ora2 (Ace 2)= CT_Raidassist Replacement.

OutfitDisplayFrame (v 0.5.8)= Displays a set of equipable items.

Party Spotter v3.10.11200= Configurable highlighter of party members/raider/guidies on the world map.

Prat (Ace 2)= Framwork for chat frame, highly configurable.

QuestHistory (Version 2.51)= Lists all quests you’ve done/on/abandoned.

QuestItem= Stores list of items and tells you which quest they belong to and lets you know if they are still active or not.

ScrollingCombatText (Ace 2)= Adds scrolling text above your toon.
SCT – Damage (Ace 2)= Adds your damage to scrolling combat text.
SCT Cooldowns (v 1.4)= Adds cooldown messages to SCT.
SCT Options (Ace 2)= Options for SCT, load on demand.
SCTD Options (Ace 2)= Options for SCTD, load on demand.

Set Wrangler= Lets you mix and match set bonuses and try them on.

Simple Combat Log= Simplifies combat messages.

SmartRes (Ace 2)= Configurable mod for rezzers to let them pick rez orders and announce who they are rezzing.

SortEnchant (Ace 2)= Adds groupings to the enchanting window and filters also.

SpellAlert SCT= Warns players of the spell being cast from hostile unit through SCT.
SpellAlert SCT Options= Options for SpellAlertSCT, load on demand.

Sprocket (Ace 2)= Flexible marking of wheel menu interface.

Squeenix (Ace 2)= Square minimap and more.

Squishy (Ace 2)= Improved emergency monitor.

Stubby= Allows load on demand addons to load automatically.

SuperInspect= Lets you see other toons equipment and more
SuperInspect_UI= This is the UI that loads with SuperInspect.

TheoryCraft= Tells you everything about an ability right on the tooltip.

Tooltip Wrangler= Allows the user to move the tooltips freely about the screen.

TradeSkill Info UI (Ace 2)= Complete Tradeskillinfo UI.
TradeSkill Info (Ace 2)= Compete tradeskill info, replaces, Fizz’s regent cost and addspace, recipe book and others all in one.

TrinketMenu= Give a bar to manage trinkets. I was told ItemRack will do this also but the bar is nice to have and I can’t figure out ItemRack Action menu lol.

Tristan’s Item/RPP Mod= Nice info addition for tool tips.

UberQuest= Dual pane quest list/log window replacement.

Visor2 (Ace 2)= Frame modification addon. This thing is so complicated that I think I’m going to remove it and reinstall move anything.

Whispercast v3.0= Queue buff/cure spell cast based on group whispering you.

X-Perl by Zek Frame Mod= The most efficient frame mod out there with the most options to boot, don’t believe me, try it.

Xloot Master (Ace 2)= Configurable master looter dropdown menu.
Xloot (Ace 2)= Configurable lootframe that combines quick loot.

XraidStatus (Ace 2)= Status info about the raid group.

Thanks for reading thru this. I learned after the first post, that I needed to put a short description on the mods so everyone knew what I was using, since not everyone uses the same thing, duh. I know that I have 2 maps systems, but Atlas offers a few things that Cartographer doesn’t at this point but I expect to drop Atlas in the future. I also know that I have 2 profession mods, but as I stated, the one I use for the profession timer basically, since I can’t keep track when 3 days have went by without it. Anything anyone sees that I need to change please let me know, or that I need to add, again, let me know.

There are a couple points that are especially troublesome for me at this point. I would like to replace Bartender2 for the reasons I stated but it is Ace 2 and Fubar’d, so that makes it tough to get rid of easily, so maybe someone knows how to fix my issues with the mod? The whole Auctioneer/Enchantrix hog system is the major problem. I like the information (my guildies can’t seem to live without it), but I would really like to replace it with a better system without losing any functions that are in place now. If anyone knows any combination of mods that would do it, please let me know. Finally, a small issue I’ve run into testing. I have my bars at the bottom of the screen along with a bottom Fubar (also have a top fubar) and when I’m in a fight and I mouse down quickly to cast a spell, it keeps bringing up a menu from one of the mods on fubar because I get too close to it. Anyone know a way to fix that? Can you make Fubar only come up on Click instead of mouse over or something?

*Edit Swapped Fizz's auto craft for Manufac, does a bit more and it's Ace 2 and Fubar'd.

Last edited by sbjlsmtj : 12-02-06 at 07:02 AM.
12-03-06, 10:36 AM   #6
tophero21
A Cliff Giant

alright, looks a lot better.
as per one of your requests, auctioneer can be replaced by KCItems, which is currently still Ace1.3, which would mean you could get rid of enhtooltip and stubby as well, i'm not as clear on the enchantrix thing, you might have to do some searching to find a replacement for that because it's not something i use.
looking ahead: right now the emphasis of your search should be based on find TBC ready addons; so go through your list and check the TBC area here and over at ui.worldofwar.net and also over at cursegaming for mods that will be available come tuesday (only 2 days away!).
once again, good luck and congratulations on doing a lot of the legwork yourself, it's a lot nicer helping out people who are actually trying to learn how to do this sort of thing rather than those who just want you to do it for them.
Happy Patch Week!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Help with My Compilation PLEASE!