11-13-12, 05:34 AM   #1
Kreelor
A Firelord

Warehouse & Kill Icons - please add to list

It may be way too soon to mention this, but if Rythal can find time (heh heh) maybe these can be fixed.

Warehouse -- It no longer shows info 'cross-realm' for all characters & bank slots as it used to. It shows only the current realm chars now. It has lost much of its former value.

Kill icons (on maps) -- They are not persistant; many of them 'fade' away (vanish) after a period of time. Some stay, but many of the rest just go away.

11-13-12, 09:11 AM   #2
Chmee
A Molten Giant
Out of curiosity, are there warehouse features in carbonite that (a) people find useful and (b) are not in Altoholic?

11-13-12, 12:35 PM   #3
Kreelor
A Firelord

To answer your question adequately, I'd first have to read lots of info on Altoholic (never used it), download, install, experiment with it to learn it, etc. I really don't want to add still one more addon to what has always been the basic few I use. Carbonite used to work fine, but I understand that it's now being "broken" into separate apps. That may be fine, too, but only as long as each of those apps works properly... the way the original Carbonite addon worked years ago.

The Warehouse is extremely important to those of us who spend much time working with various Professions and the Auction House in the game. I always have my Carbonite maps open, so it's very efficient to be able to click the Warehouse button and see EVERYTHING I've gathered and stored on each and/or all of my chars including their banks. The time saved between doing it in real-time compared to logging out/into each of my many other alts, is enormous.

Whatever Altoholic is, it may work just fine. But, that sounds to me like you may be suggesting that the Carbonite I 'used to know' will be stripped down, and less functional than it was (before Cataclysm).

Millions of people use Carbonite because it was an "all-in-one" addon, compared to having to deal with multiple addons, multiple forums, multiple this and that, whatever. It was a great and useful addon because it eliminated the need for all that other confusion; and, it worked!

I'm extremely happy that there was someone in this world who cared enough to devote his time to Carbonite! Rythal's generous spirit will live in memory for a very long time because of what he's done and is doing currently.

I'm not ready for Altoholic until somebody tells me specifically that Carbonite will no longer include it.

11-13-12, 09:52 PM   #4
Chmee
A Molten Giant
Carbonite's Warehouse and Altoholic do pretty much the same thing. Altoholic is prettier.

I don't know what Rythal plans, I was just curious if there's anything significant in Warehouse that isn't in Altoholic. That might convince me to switch. Or if there isn't, it might convince Rythal to drop the Warehouse and let people go to Altoholic (or some other addon). Or not. Either way is fine with me.

11-14-12, 05:34 PM   #5
Catitude
A Theradrim Guardian

Warehouse: Cross Realm Info

I noticed the lack of Cross Realm Char info in the Warehouse several days ago when I disabled Altoholic in an effort to not go bald (tearing hair out sessions) with needing Cross Realm info on Multiple accounts as quickly as possible (Altoholic took several hours to update Account Sharing info) since I do weekend Auctions on both factions of 2 servers & daily Auctions on 2 other servers.
I've used both Altoholic & the Warehouse. Altoholic is a more complex solution & yes it is pretty
Carbonite's Warehouse is simple, easy to use (though not as pretty), & has been a great resource for ppl who: don't want to switch realms at that moment; do a lot of crafting, gathering & Auctions; & are not addonaholics
Curse currently lists me as having 78 addons!!! & doesn't know about the 5 or 6 I use that are NOT managed by the client lol

I had been attempting to have all of my Bank & AH toons on a separate Account which has created it's own set of irritations lol & I'm still looking for a solution to suit my needs.

12-11-12, 12:26 PM   #6
Kreelor
A Firelord

Originally Posted by Chmee View Post
Carbonite's Warehouse and Altoholic do pretty much the same thing. Altoholic is prettier.

I don't know what Rythal plans, I was just curious if there's anything significant in Warehouse that isn't in Altoholic. That might convince me to switch. Or if there isn't, it might convince Rythal to drop the Warehouse and let people go to Altoholic (or some other addon). Or not. Either way is fine with me.
Hi, Chmee.

I think Catitude's reply echoes several of the points I made earlier. Catitude is probably totally bald by now using Altoholic. (grin)

Catitude wrote:
I noticed the lack of Cross Realm Char info in the Warehouse several days ago when I disabled Altoholic in an effort to not go bald (tearing hair out sessions) with needing Cross Realm info on Multiple accounts as quickly as possible (Altoholic took several hours to update Account Sharing info) since I do weekend Auctions on both factions of 2 servers & daily Auctions on 2 other servers.

Carbonite's Warehouse provided instant information.

Carbonite's Warehouse is simple, easy to use (though not as pretty), & has been a great resource for ppl who: don't want to switch realms at that moment; do a lot of crafting, gathering & Auctions; & are not addonaholics

Personally, I don't care about 'pretty'; I would like to see the original functionality back, and possibly even enhanced a little. The current Carbonite Warehouse still retains the same bug that the original one had. For example, while viewing the list of Trade Goods and selecting one of them, the mouse cursor would jump to some other location and scroll the list away from the item clicked, which results in forcing users to scroll again to find the same item they clicked on. That's just one minor point, although it has always been an unnecessary irritation.

I had been attempting to have all of my Bank & AH toons on a separate Account which has created it's own set of irritations lol & I'm still looking for a solution to suit my needs.

A NOTE TO Catitude --- Creating an additional account? Oh, no! And, when you say "I'm still looking for a solution to suit my needs", I think having Carbonite's Warehouse working again (and, possibly improved upon) would be the best solution for your issues and for the rest of us, as well. To me, there's much more to World of Warcraft than repeated killing. Reference to "craft" in World of Warcraft.

12-12-12, 09:46 PM   #7
Catitude
A Theradrim Guardian

Carbonite Warehouse

Agreed I don't care much about pretty either as long as I can have the info ASAP at hand -or in this case at tooltip, or mouse click- with the minimum amount of fuss and bother.
It would also be great to have the option to turn off warehouse info for items like Hearthstones lol
I really do not need an itemized count/list of 60+ toons hearthstones when I mouse over ONE in a bag & it is twice as bad if I end up having Altoholic & Warehouse both enabled roflmo TMI

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Warehouse & Kill Icons - please add to list