09-25-06, 09:25 AM   #1
Margot
A Murloc Raider
SCT Custom Event help

I have buffs and debuffs enabled, because in general, I want to see those messages. However, I do not want to want to see any HoTs.

I added spam filters for all the gains, so I don't see [Renew], [Regrowth], etc anymore, but using the same exact format for fades and adding "CHAT_MSG_SPELL_AURA_GONE_SELF" to parsed events doesn't seem to help; I still see -[Renew].

The messages I'm using are "Renew fades from you" and such.

Am I doing something wrong/anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.
09-25-06, 09:35 AM   #2
Margot
A Murloc Raider
From my sct_event_config.lua:

[1] = {name="", search="You gain Renew", r=0/256, g=0/256, b=0/256}, -- works to filter out messages
[2] = {name="", search="Renew fades from you", r=0/256, g=0/256, b=0/256}, -- doesn't work
09-25-06, 11:40 AM   #3
Grayhoof
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The issue you are running into is because SCT 5.0+ no longer parsers "fades" from combat log events. The combat log can't tell you if the item fading is a buff or debuff, but the new combat text events can, so I switched to using those for fades. Therefore, the custom events for fading you are adding are never actually being caught.

I have a couple ideas to fix this for next release, but both involve losing functionality elsewhere. What you may want to do instead is turn off buff fades, and then add in custom events for buff fades that you actually care about.
09-25-06, 12:02 PM   #4
Margot
A Murloc Raider
Hmm that's a lot of exceptions to make.

Each class ability that's an aura.. each trinket that's an aura.. inspiration procs.

Can I hack ParserLib instead?
09-25-06, 02:19 PM   #5
Grayhoof
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Yeah it is, but I figured there's probably only a few you actually care about. Otherwise why even show buffs on the screen if you are wanting SCT report every loss of them

Its really not ParserLib, it can handle the parsing fine. Its a design choice on my part that more people would want to see buff and debuffs fades as different vs. the few people that want to filter out only select fades. Infact, you're the first person I've ever seen request this
09-25-06, 03:15 PM   #6
Margot
A Murloc Raider
Well, basically it's helpful for my cooldown management as a tank to see what's fading. However, it's not useful to see HoTs applied over and over, because I already see my healed amounts in the heals messages.

If I see last stand fade for example, I might use lifegiving if things are still hairy. If I see inspiration fade, maybe I'll hit my zandalarian trinket. But if I see renew fade, it's absolutely zero actionable information for me. Since I get HoTs pretty often, -[Renew], -[Rejuvenation], -[Greater Heal], and -[Regrowth] ends up being a lot of spam, same as the gains.

Last edited by Margot : 09-25-06 at 03:26 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » SCT Custom Event help