04-09-07, 03:43 PM   #1
foskey
A Defias Bandit
SCT - want to make it look a certain way

Hard to phrase the topic, anyways I'm having trouble making my combat text look like the one in this link: http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=38063

I'm having trouble with my rainbow effect if that is what he is using, I want it to be short and fade on the top of the curve like above, and have the crit heals shown like a message. No matter how short i make it to dissapear and fast speed, it always makes the full rainbow curve almost to the bottom of my screen, and i cant figure out how the crit heals go into message with having them rainbow also. I appreciate the help with this, hopefully i can get it to look somewhat of how the link is, thx!
04-09-07, 04:55 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Now, I haven't watched the movie yet, but judging from your description, is it possible that it is MSBT in the movie and not SCT?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

04-09-07, 05:34 PM   #3
foskey
A Defias Bandit
seems that warcraftmovies is down right now, the MSBT only has a parabola or straight action for the text, try checking this link: Nihilum 15 Man Gruul (cursegaming)

hopefully that one links!
04-09-07, 08:09 PM   #4
Debz
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
should be possible to do. But you'll have to change the frame number i the spells part (sorry am not logged on atm so don't have a view of the setup thing in front of me) the page that lists everything and what frame they appear in. IE hits, crits, etc, change the crits to message frame.

I would imagine playing with the fade bar would reduce the amount of time the text actually spends on screen, whereas the speed only makes the text move faster.

Also possible its not sct but mscb which you can get here...http://www.wowinterface.com/download...attleText.html
04-09-07, 08:51 PM   #5
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
You can also write (with the know-how) your own animations for MSBT.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

04-09-07, 09:39 PM   #6
foskey
A Defias Bandit
i think it is MSBT with an animation that was custom made. The readme file and API that i got from the msbt rar didn't make much sense to me, is there an easier way to code it or add it?

i assume the normal heals could somewhat be like a root curve (like on a graphing calculator), with heals and damage switching left and right, also crit heals being displayed as a message. Unless i can add a new animation within wow doing all that stuff, i dont know how to add one going into the mod folder itself
04-09-07, 10:58 PM   #7
Grayhoof
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
That is WoW's built in Floating Combat Text using the curved animation.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » SCT - want to make it look a certain way