09-23-19, 06:08 AM   #1
ible
A Murloc Raider
Accountwide Item Tooltip

This is something that's been on the back of my mind for a long time now. With the constant desire to prune addons due to the sheer amount, I have been questioning my need for altoholic. While there are some features that are nice to have I can do without most, but there is one feature I don't want to be without and that is tooltip information of loot stored on characters, so you can see which alt is already carrying those claws etc.

Looking at a video I saw someone in classic that have this function. Immediately I went on searching, quickly became apparent it's probably the new Carbonite Warehouse module. So I got that, oh the good ol wotlk days. Well, I also learned to live without carbonite (forced) so running that now is just a no, however. Altoholic is pending a classic update so carbonite is pending deletion until that come.

To the point. I wish to extract the code and make an addon exclusive for this purpose. Or if someone else would do it that would be nice also. Would someone be so kind to point the way here?

I would have to "steal" the code from altoholic or carbonite, I don't know how possible that is. Nor do I know the ethics for it, but this is first of all personal use nothing that I will release. Unless something is said here that changes that.
09-23-19, 06:39 AM   #2
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
If you're still looking for existing solutions, TSM does this along with all the other things it has.

Making your own addon is going to be very involved. You'll have to scan every character you log in to and at the very least, store a summary of every item they have and their quantities. Then on login, you have to load up the scan data and reference it in your tooltip hook.
09-23-19, 06:59 AM   #3
ible
A Murloc Raider
Hah another massive addon for a simple feature. That is exactly what I'm trying to get around. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Had altoholic all the years so im used to logging into every char to register bank, talents, achievs and all. This is automatic process so as long as the code is fine, all is good. Carbonite uses its own module for it, maybe i should look at it and compare with altoholics, but i fear it's not as simple as I'm hoping it will be with base code embedded into main/core addon.
10-04-19, 02:29 AM   #4
chavovaldez
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by ible View Post
Hah another massive addon for a simple feature. That is exactly what I'm trying to get around. Thanks for the suggestion though.
You can disable all of the TSM windows and just use wow profession UI, mail, etc.
09-23-19, 05:04 PM   #5
JDoubleU00
A Firelord

This addon still works (I use it with ChocolateBar :

https://wowinterface.com/downloads/i...1-BagSync.html

Some bag addons keep track of inventory across characters. I believe that Bagnon does this.
09-24-19, 02:30 AM   #6
ible
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by JDoubleU00 View Post
This addon still works (I use it with ChocolateBar :

https://wowinterface.com/downloads/i...1-BagSync.html

Some bag addons keep track of inventory across characters. I believe that Bagnon does this.
Bagsync looks good. Didn't really work though :/

\AddOns\BagSync\BagSync.lua line 1511:
hooksecurefunc(): BackpackTokenFrame_Update is not a function
09-24-19, 06:15 PM   #7
JDoubleU00
A Firelord

Originally Posted by ible View Post
Bagsync looks good. Didn't really work though :/

\AddOns\BagSync\BagSync.lua line 1511:
hooksecurefunc(): BackpackTokenFrame_Update is not a function
Hmm, not sure why. Post the error in the addons page?
10-02-19, 03:01 PM   #8
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by JDoubleU00 View Post
Hmm, not sure why. Post the error in the addons page?
This function doesn't exist in classic, which the OP is requesting for.
10-01-19, 05:04 AM   #9
Rilgamon
Premium Member

Premium Member
Perhaps my itemsdb can help?
https://www.wowinterface.com/downloa...z_itemsdb.html

WoWInterface » Classic - AddOns, Compliations, Macros » Classic - AddOn Help/Support » Accountwide Item Tooltip