02-19-14, 07:28 PM   #21
Sparkplug
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by sidrat12 View Post
Has any one sorted out the problem with the ipairs for NxQuest.lua line 4375.

bugsack errer reported for Carbonite.Quests\NxQuest.lua

7x Carbonite.Quests\NxQuest.lua:4375: bad argument #1 to 'ipairs' (table expected, got nil)
[C]: in function `ipairs'
Carbonite.Quests\NxQuest.lua:4375: in function `FindCur'
Carbonite.Quests\NxQuest.lua:8266: in function `RemoveWatch'
DugisGuideViewerZ\Guides.lua:1376: in function `WatchQuest'
DugisGuideViewerZ\DugisGuideViewer.lua:2067: in function `SettingFrameChkOnClick'
DugisGuideViewerZ\DugisGuideViewer.lua:666: in function `OnLoad'
DugisGuideViewerZ\DugisGuideViewer.lua:2450: in function `?'
DugisGuideViewerZ\DugisGuideViewer.lua:100: in function <DugisGuideViewerZ\DugisGuideViewer.lua:89>
[C]: ?
I haven't been getting this error. I see DugisGuideViewerZ in that error message too though. Have you tried disabling that and seeing if you still get that error? It could be interference between the two addons. Also what version of Carbonite are you using? (This should also probably go in a separate thread since it doesn't pertain to the original topic...)

Last edited by Sparkplug : 02-19-14 at 07:31 PM. Reason: snipped out more of the quote

02-20-14, 09:08 AM   #22
Nimhfree
A Frostmaul Preserver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I do not have the Dugi's guide. I have seen issues with them in the past, though when they are informed about the problem they seem to fix things.

It appears that Dugi's guide code calls into the Carbonite code. If you look at:

DugisGuideViewerZ\Guides.lua:1376: in function `WatchQuest'

you will probably see a line with:

Nx.Quest.Watch:RemoveWatch

I would guess the Dugi's guide is attempting to be compatible with Carbonite users and is attempting to do the right thing by updating Carbonite when it does its thing. However, it seems they might not have initialized the Carbonite system or perhaps kept it in sync to the extent that calling directly into this routine needs.

I would report this issue to Dugi's guide people and have them investigate.

02-20-14, 12:10 PM   #23
Sparkplug
A Cyclonian

I was looking around on Dugi's forums last night and looks like they only made it compatible with the non-beta version. You might want to try convincing them to make it compatible with the beta but that would be up to them.

02-22-14, 10:11 AM   #24
samnilla
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I can confirm also that by removing pettracker my game has improved significantly. There is still a very slight pause, but it is very insignificant and doesn't affect game play anymore. Thank you for this tip.

03-05-14, 05:38 AM   #25
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
So I beleive I have found the problem... Carbonite does a quick scan of every area for quest updates.. Pettracker has things it does everytime the map is updated which combined with the rapid map switching carbonite does, creates a small lag

I do set a variable when carbonite is about to do it's scan and unset it after which addons encountering this problem can check for, and in a quick test of adding it to pettracker it seems to be fixed

Can someone else who is having the problem try adding this to pettracker.lua on line 61 it should be right under
function Addon:WORLD_MAP_UPDATE()

Code:
	if Nx and Nx.Quest and Nx.Quest.WorldUpdate then
		return
	end

03-05-14, 09:23 AM   #26
Wrebel
A Defias Bandit
You, sir, are wonderful. Your fix works like a charm

03-05-14, 02:13 PM   #27
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Glad to hear it worked for you.. if other's also report it fixed the problem i'll take it to the creator of Pettracker so they can hopefully include it as a compatability thing between our addons.

03-07-14, 03:55 AM   #28
Sparkplug
A Cyclonian

Seems to work as far as I can tell. Thanks Rythal!

03-07-14, 01:12 PM   #29
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Submitted it to jaliborc... lets see what comes of it.

03-08-14, 08:09 PM   #30
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Update: Heard back from jaliborc, which resulted in todays new update to carbonite.

Both so he can fix the lag issue caused between our addons within pettracker (my part is done now), and also to add new functions he was asking about so he can better support Carbonite within Pettracker.

03-09-14, 10:48 PM   #31
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
And it's out! the latest Pettracker released today, works with 5.4.2 alpha 2 and later to stop the lag issue.

For you pettracker users, not sure when but I believe you can expect native carbonite support soon, all the changes I made in alpha 2 and 3 were specifically done for him so he can make pettracker work with carbonite natively.

03-10-14, 10:24 PM   #32
crazzzzi
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

firstly, thanks for all the great work. what exactly does the swap view button do on the objective window? when i press it, it just seems to minimize the window.

03-10-14, 10:43 PM   #33
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by crazzzzi View Post
firstly, thanks for all the great work. what exactly does the swap view button do on the objective window? when i press it, it just seems to minimize the window.
It's for alternate information displays, so addons like pettracker have an alternate place to display information which they would normally insert into the blizzard quest tracker.

It looks minimized because it's empty, nothing has put information into it yet.

03-11-14, 08:56 PM   #34
crazzzzi
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

ah, i see, thx for the explanation, i thought for a minute i missed a setting, keep up the good work

04-06-14, 03:16 AM   #35
hotluck
A Defias Bandit

This probably won't be of any help but before I installed the latest version (5.4.2 Alpha 5) when it came out I hadn't noticed any problems. Now there is a little lag but my biggest problem is that it takes up to 10 seconds for the quest list/watcher to update with the new information on the status of my quests after quests kills/updates. I don't use Pettracker.

04-08-14, 12:34 AM   #36
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
I'll take a look at it... it's possible when I was trying to narrow down what was causing the problem I left something commented out.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Lags on quest objective update