03-02-14, 12:59 AM   #1
Kiaos
A Murloc Raider

Map doesn't work in combat

hey I've been having a problem using the map while in combat. Is there an option to disable map while in combat? or is this a bug?

Fixed:
Dont enable compatibility mode it messes with your map in combat.

Last edited by Kiaos : 03-02-14 at 01:12 AM.

03-02-14, 01:14 AM   #2
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Yes, compatability mode adds combat checks for many parts of carbonite because some other addons were trying to do map changes when WoW wouldn't allow them.

03-03-14, 02:31 AM   #3
samnilla
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I can confirm also that disabling compatibility mode stops WoW from freezing up when the map gets opened up while you are in combat. Thank you.

03-13-14, 09:29 PM   #4
xiondisc
A Kobold Labourer
Are you talking about "compatibility mode" for the wow.exe application itself? If so, I still have this combat problem and I do not have anything running in compatibility mode at all.

You mentioned certain add-ons clashing. Could either ElvUI or Zygor Guides be causing this problem for me, if so could you help me fix this issue? It's very frustrating to be in a battleground where you constantly have to pull up your map. My map either gets stuck in fullscreen or the fullscreen version gets set to the size of the mini map. I think these two cases are based on the position of the map when I enter combat. It only happens when I minimize/maximize my map while IN combat.

03-13-14, 09:48 PM   #5
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
He was refering to a setting within Carbonite Options, under Maps which is called Compatability Mode.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Map doesn't work in combat