07-16-11, 10:43 AM   #1
zoktar
A Cliff Giant
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Interface\FrameXML\UnitPowerBarAlt.lua:49

1x Interface\FrameXML\UnitPowerBarAlt.lua:49: Usage: GameTooltip:SetText("text" [, color]):
Interface\FrameXML\UnitPowerBarAlt.lua:49: in function `UnitPowerBarAlt_OnEnter':
<string>:"*:OnEnter":1: in function <[string "*:OnEnter"]:1>

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
naturally i dont have a FrameXML folder in Interface, but im guessing that there is one in an mpq. iv tried deleting cache and all the "blizzard" ui bits in Interface\Addons\. Wont go away.
07-16-11, 11:12 AM   #2
Haleth
This Space For Rent

Featured
Does this happen without addons? Also try deleting your WTF folder (hint: back it up).

I've never gotten this error myself, but I do get tons of error from the Blizzard UI - especially from the Guild UI, and that's been in since Cata Launch. Also get errors after leaving an arena team, etc.
07-16-11, 01:13 PM   #3
Verttex
Super Monkey

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Haleth View Post
I do get tons of error from the Blizzard UI - especially from the Guild UI, and that's been in since Cata Launch. Also get errors after leaving an arena team, etc.
InspectFix should do the trick.
07-16-11, 01:30 PM   #4
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Do a "search in files" in your addon folder for UnitPowerBarAlt.

This is most likely the fault of an addon hooking or running on top of UnitPowerBarAlt_OnEnter() and not passing the frame.
07-17-11, 03:29 AM   #5
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Dridzt View Post
This is most likely the fault of an addon hooking or running on top of UnitPowerBarAlt_OnEnter() and not passing the frame
If it were a hook, it would show up in the debugstack() info given.

The error points to the following line in UnitPowerBarAlt.lua.
Code:
GameTooltip:SetText(self.powerName, 1, 1, 1);
The usage error means it came up with the value of nil. If the frame was not passed to the function, it would come up with a different error, "attempt to index nil".
07-18-11, 10:41 AM   #6
zoktar
A Cliff Giant
well its like this, if i enable leatrix frames, you can move around alot of default blizz frames, and once i lock them all, and hover mouse over the position i placed the unitpowerbaralt, thats when the bug pops up, it doesnt seem to pop up just hovering over its default location with leatrix frames disabled. So its really weird.

edit: sorry my bad it pops up with leatrix disabled and hovering over its default location, ill keep lookin

Last edited by zoktar : 07-18-11 at 10:44 AM.
07-18-11, 04:03 PM   #7
zoktar
A Cliff Giant
leatrix fixed it in lastest release, yay.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Interface\FrameXML\UnitPowerBarAlt.lua:49