07-25-07, 04:10 PM   #1
Marsipan
A Defias Bandit
1920x1080 resolution

Hi,

I run at 1920x1080 resolution which is not a pre-set size for Mazzle. So when i run it, i get a few breaks in the UI where it is black because the frames are not fitting together correctly. What mod would I have to go into to stretch aspects of the UI to fit? Or is it not that simple? Any plans to support this resolution in the future (I run a 37" LCD and I know many LCD resolutions are this size these days)

Thanks for your help

Marsipan
GM - Blood of Vengeance
http://www.bloodofvengeance.com
07-25-07, 05:24 PM   #2
Mortlach
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
Fabulous question, but a bit harder to answer

Occasionally enjoying WoW on a projector or 30" monitor, I know the lust for screen size well.

However, MazzleUI doesn't yet support that aspect ratio (1.7) and I suspect we'll have to see if Mazzle can give some general suggestions so a user like you can help extend the UI to MSPMG. (Massive Single Player Monitor Gaming )

I'd Mazzify at 1.6 aspect ratio and see if that would be usable; if not, please send some screen shots and perhaps there might be a clear set of fixes that would allow you to enjoy it at your monitor's native 1.7 res.

--Mortie

Morticai, Prince & GuildMaster of Briar Rose, Horde
07-25-07, 05:41 PM   #3
Marsipan
A Defias Bandit
To the untrained eye (a user, not actually the developer who is putting in every ounce of effort on appearence), the UI is great except for two disconnects on the bottom frame. All of the other items pop-up basically in the correct spot although i did tweak DUF slightly. But its really minor. The part I am having problems with is shown in the image.

Screenshot at: http://www.bloodofvengeance.com/images/mazzle.jpg

The disconnect is right below where the SWS window is floating (i cover it up with the SWS Window normally). It is the black line and the frame border (this happens on all skins). The other small blemish i see is the frame border to the left of the minimap.

In the mean time, I'll check this thread for any update and I hope this aspect ratio is considered for the future. I love this package, great work guys!

Marsipan
GM Blood of Vengeance
http://www.bloodofvengeance.com
07-25-07, 07:24 PM   #4
Rollak
An Aku'mai Servant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The one to the left of the minimap is actually supposed to be there...just not in that position. It's meant to be an area for the coordinates underneath to minimap to "sit".

Have to wait for a reply from Mazz to find out just how to fix the artwork on the bottom.
07-25-07, 08:38 PM   #5
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

There is no current mechanism to stretch that out for that aspect ratio.
07-26-07, 01:42 AM   #6
Samara
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
i have the same thing and im running 1600x1200 resolution but not as big gap as that one above...maybe half of it...tried to do some other resolution but the combat box and rest of that part is misplaced,so i just have to deal with it.
07-26-07, 02:17 AM   #7
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Samara
i have the same thing and im running 1600x1200 resolution but not as big gap as that one above...maybe half of it...tried to do some other resolution but the combat box and rest of that part is misplaced,so i just have to deal with it.
1600x1200 is 1.33 and very common. If you chose the correct aspect ratio when you mazzified, you should not have to "fix" any of those items. My guess is that you manually changed the aspect ratio when you installed the UI.
07-26-07, 04:26 AM   #8
Samara
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
im not really sure what i did but its really not bugging me as long as addons working good so far i only got 1 error of ACElocale.lua.
07-26-07, 08:46 AM   #9
Stormlor
A Cyclonian
Getting any mod to stretch 19x12 is hard enough. My suggestion is set your normal resoulation lower something that is supported in WoW. This would be nice if Blizzard would support 30" monitors. They are getting more common in today's households.
07-26-07, 08:48 AM   #10
Geboran
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard
I was thinking about trying out a viewport addon like CT_Viewport. Do you guys think that might help with something like this?
Stormreaver (US), Alliance
07-26-07, 08:49 AM   #11
Kyahx
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Originally Posted by Geboran
I was thinking about trying out a viewport addon like CT_Viewport. Do you guys think that might help with something like this?
That only changes the size of your WorldFrame (the 3D world). It won't do anything for the UI Parent.
07-26-07, 09:43 AM   #12
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Not to mention that MazzleUI already has a viewport built into it. All it does is change how much of the screen is rendered, giving you a black box (behind the bottom panel in MazzleUI) - so you don't cover up any playing area with your mods.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

07-26-07, 09:54 AM   #13
Geboran
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard
Ahhhh... gotcha.
Stormreaver (US), Alliance
07-26-07, 10:12 AM   #14
Ringleron
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
Originally Posted by Stormlor
They are getting more common in today's households.
Good grief... I'm getting soooo behind the times...

I still remember my 14" monitor.
07-27-07, 03:24 AM   #15
Stormlor
A Cyclonian
Apple sells them on their website. Since they do not require an adapter on your video card anymore anybody can use Apple's 30" displays. I'd be one of them if it wasn't for the price.

Edit: 30" Apple displays still require the adapter. The others do not.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » 1920x1080 resolution