08-13-07, 05:51 PM   #1
Djagamoone
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Idea : Enemy Unit Frames

I think it was Vanguard which created a mini unit frame for each mob you were in combat with. Combine that with the Raid Icons, and if possible, target of target ... and that is basically what I have in mind.

This will allow simple 1 clicking on the next raid icon target ... without having to tab around, or dance around and find an angle to select them with.

This will allow tanks to instantly see when any mob they are supposed to be tanking targets a healer, or DPS.

This will allow for some simpler target selection outside of the box : Hey target X is lower, kill him next ... or Target X is giving the healer a lot of trouble, get it next.

Will allow easy access to any mob that was accidentally not tagged.

Well ... that the basic jist of the idea. No clue if it is possible or not ... just an idea!
08-13-07, 09:50 PM   #2
WaldoJeffers
A Molten Giant

Hey I'd love something like that, I'm browsing around for the mod Xraid status ( i think it is ) which just shows the main tank and main assist targets ( If I'm thinking of the correct addon). I think it would be really helpful. Lol that just got me imagining what the screen would look like with an added screen full of unit frames when you have to AoE

EDIT: Maybe a set of 5 or so mini frames that includes all targets with a symbol or if there is only a few symboled targets the remaining empty mini frames fill with unsymboled mobs in order of remaining health? just adding /end blabber

Last edited by WaldoJeffers : 08-13-07 at 09:55 PM.
08-13-07, 11:01 PM   #3
Kyahx
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You can only get information (and make a unit frame) for yourself, members of your party/raid, party/raid pets, your target, any of their targets, and your focus.

Simply put, there is no good way to make a unit frame for a monster unless it is your target, your focus, or someone in your group's target (and even then, if they deselect the target, you will stop getting fed information)

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Idea : Enemy Unit Frames