07-02-07, 09:05 AM   #1
Pola
A Murloc Raider

Bank-/Bag-Mod for Multiaccount-User

Hello.

I owe two WoW-Accounts filled with chars. I'm using Bagnon to keep track of my ingame-stash and -bank-items, however I cannot take a view at the content of char x on account #1, while being logged in with any other char on account #2 and vice versa.

Question: Is there a Mod available I could manage/view my bank- and bag-content across both accounts nonetheless? Maybe some kind of ingame-database for selected users only. Since not all of my twinks are guild-members, any guild-manager (like duckiebank etc.) wouldn't be an option.

TIA for any help provided.
07-02-07, 09:14 AM   #2
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
All My Stuff

I don't know if it still works(I would think it should).

ArcInventory can do this I think

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
07-02-07, 09:41 AM   #3
Pola
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by Dreadlorde
All My Stuff

I don't know if it still works(I would think it should).

ArcInventory can do this I think
Thanks for answering.

One question with respect to Arcinventory (and before I mess up my well-tended Bagnon-configuration The Readme says: * display bank, bag, keyrings for current and alts across all realms.

Could anybody confirm, it'll be able to manage two ore more different accounts as well?
07-02-07, 10:38 AM   #4
Zulchi
A Kobold Labourer
Don't know if it's correct, think the Addons aren't able to save thinks accross two or more different accounts, are they?
Cause every account you use with your Client has an own SavedVariables Folder etc.. Addons are the same but Settings / Things are Saved in different Locations that depend on the Account-Name.
07-02-07, 10:48 AM   #5
Pola
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by Zulchi
Don't know if it's correct, think the Addons aren't able to save thinks accross two or more different accounts, are they?
Cause every account you use with your Client has an own SavedVariables Folder etc.. Addons are the same but Settings / Things are Saved in different Locations that depend on the Account-Name.
That's right and that's why I was asking for a solution using some kind of database to store and synchronize several player's inventory. In fact it's only me and my two accounts yet, but could be extended to to a group of selected players (like hubby, best friend etc.).
07-02-07, 11:00 AM   #6
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
You could use some sort of out-of-game database. There are a few out there - mods that allow you to export your item list/info to post online or on a host-site. Check out www.rpgoutfitter.com
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

07-02-07, 01:37 PM   #7
Kyahx
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

If you use an operating system that supports symlinks (Linux, OSX), you can just do that to link your two account's saved variables to one folder. I personally run Ubuntu Linux, and that is what I do.

I know there is limited support for symbolic links in Vista, and some third party programs to do this in Windows XP, but you'll have to google to find out.
07-02-07, 02:11 PM   #8
Kaomie
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Originally Posted by Kyahx
I know there is limited support for symbolic links in Vista, and some third party programs to do this in Windows XP, but you'll have to google to find out.
Actually from way back (at least Win2000) NTFS has (fairly undocumented) support for hard-links (files) and symlinks (directories). What you want to look at are symlinks, otherwise called "junction points". They allow you to create a link to a folder that becomes equivalent to the folder itself, so basically the same folder appears at both locations.

Junction Points are not safe!
You have been warned. Moving, modifying and especially deleting links created as junctions will most likely break the content of the directory.

That being said I use it with no problem: I was tired of having to copy my Addons folder all the time between WoW and WoWTest which is the subfolder used for the PTR client. So I created a junction for it and it work like a charm, both normal and PTR clients always have the same addons now As long as you do not delete one of the link it should be fine.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Bank-/Bag-Mod for Multiaccount-User