A Fallenroot Satyr

Ace alternatives

I'm looking for Ace alternatives for the following mods:
MobHealth2
TipBuddy
CCWatch
KLHThreatMeter
MoveAnything

*EDIT* I got a problem with FuBar too --> When I enable FuBar; the minimap goes up, no matter whether I tick auto-adjust frames or not.
This way, my minimap is half-hidden.... Can this be solved without needing to install MoveAnything or something like that to move it back again?
Here's a screenshot of it btw.

Last edited by NLO : 11-12-06 at 10:12 AM.
11-12-06, 10:13 AM   #2
Rollak
An Aku'mai Servant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
http://www.wowace.com/wiki/Ace_Alter..._Common_Addons

Pretty good list there. I think it has most of what you listed.
11-12-06, 11:00 AM   #3
Kyahx
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

MobHealth2 -> MobHealth3
TipBuddy -> TinyTip*
CCWatch -> (Not entirely sure, try something like Chronometer or Antagonist)
KLHThreatMeter -> No replacement for this, other than learning how to play hehe
MoveAnything -> Visor (Ace1) is the only thing I can think of, but its harder to use. (Also if all your trying to move is the minimap, its not very hard to write something to do just that.)

As far as your FuBar bug, I've not seen that ever happen, it has to be some other mod conflicting with FuBar's JostleLib.
11-12-06, 01:12 PM   #4
NLO
A Fallenroot Satyr

As far as your FuBar bug, I've not seen that ever happen, it has to be some other mod conflicting with FuBar's JostleLib.
Hehe - It was the LocationFu plugin that was out of date.... Should've checked that before asking....
Now I got another problem though. -Now the minimap has no borders...
...And all my mods are up to date...

Anyway; What's up with you saying... ?
KLHThreatMeter -> No replacement for this, other than learning how to play
I thought most people used this.... I've never been to raids before (not 60 yet), but I've seen this is being used a lot so I installed it...
And from what I've seen; It's pretty handy.... :P
11-12-06, 01:39 PM   #5
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

[ooc]
It's handy but it's not an UI modification...
It's reverse engineering of the game mechanics in a lua environment.

Aggro management is one of the few things in this game that requires you to "learn" and adapt to different situations with different playstyle
and make "qualitative" decisions based on experience/past errors and the "feel" of the situation.

Trivialize threat by reverse engineering it and you have trivialized a large part of the game content.

If you're only interested in fastest possible raid progression with least amount of skill involved then this might be a good option.
[/ooc]
11-12-06, 01:56 PM   #6
Kyahx
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Yea, we don't use KLH in our guild because we don't like being "mod reliant" and want people to know how to throttle their own aggro (not rely on a meter).

But thats a different discussion :P

Edit: about the missing mini map border, are you using Minimalist perhaps? The most recent revision is hiding the mini map border as well.
11-27-06, 10:41 AM   #7
sarf
A Cyclonian
[ooc]
KLHThreatMeter has little to do with your own threat, only how your threat compares with others in your raid. It also allows you to adapt to changes immediately, such as Warriors unequipping Thunderfury (for Twin Emperors fight... perhaps), Rogues getting certain set bonuses and so on when the actual change occurs rather than after, by experience.

It also allows others to track your threat and suggest improvements such as "for the love of god, PLEASE use Feign Death." I know, I know, raid with people who know how to play, but... I like my guild.
[/ooc]

Sarf

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Ace alternatives