05-09-09, 12:08 AM   #1
kwlii
A Defias Bandit

Interface issue because of an addon

I continue to receive a yellow message while in game that says "There was ain interface problem because of an addon".

I then received a message for some function call (can't remember which) that said interface was trying to divide by NIL.

I am currently using the latest version 3.1.1.0 which was released on 4/22/2009. though I began to see the messages not long after that.

Has anyone else been seing this?

05-09-09, 12:13 AM   #2
kwlii
A Defias Bandit

sorry, I should have included some additional info

i am running vista, my path is
C:\Users\Public\Games\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns

They really should have a screen capture tool ?

05-09-09, 01:19 AM   #3
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The 'interface action blocked due to an addon' (or something like that) error is not all that uncommon. Usually comes up when trying to do something when unexpectedly entering combat. At that time certain actions become protected and it gives a small message in your chat window. It may not be the only reason as i would imagine an error in coding could cause it but i would think it would happen very frequently in that case.

WoW does have a screen capture tool so to speak. Just pressing the print screen key will save the cap to your screen shots folder, you'll also receive some yellow text on the screen indicating you've taken a screen shot.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor

Last edited by MidgetMage55 : 05-09-09 at 01:22 AM. Reason: cant type worth a damn.

05-13-09, 09:17 PM   #4
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Press ESC, click Interface, click Help and check "Display Lua Errors" if it was not checked. Log out and log in. Now you should be able to see the addon that is causing the error and the line number where it happened. Report that message to us.

05-13-09, 09:26 PM   #5
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
That message is caused due to taint. Taint, in and of itself, isn't always a bad thing - it's quite expected. But when you get the "An action was blocked" message, that means that an addon is doing something that taints in such a way as to hinder the UI.

In your chat frame, type /console taintLog 1 then exit and restart your game. Log back in and do whatever you did to get the error message before. Usually, this means that you can go outside of a major town and let low lvl mobs hit you for a few minutes while you do stuff with your UI that you were doing before. When you get the message again, type /console taintLog 0 and exit the game. Your taint log file will be in the Logs folder in your WoW directory. It will tell you what addon caused it and how.

edit: for more info, see here: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...76470259&sid=1
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Interface issue because of an addon