11-26-14, 09:52 AM   #421
mjumnito
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
should be fixed now, was my mistake in reading :P let this be a warning... don't drink and code.
Well we heard it here folks, the code drove him to drinking.

11-26-14, 10:06 AM   #422
Skellionz
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
some errors

Wonder if its something i can fix myself or just general bugs

AceLocale-3.0: Carbonite: Missing entry for 'Outland'

AceLocale-3.0: Carbonite: Missing entry for 'Terocone'

that last one seems bizzare to me :P

Other than that its mostly working, strange transparency issue in garrisons

11-26-14, 10:27 AM   #423
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Should be fixed now, there was a small change made to allow continents to be localized but the continents were never added to the locale file.

The garrison problem is actually because it's not able to draw the overlay, I need to actually take a character through the portal and get into the garrison so I can see why it's happening (green always means unloadable texture). Hopefully tonight I'll be able to do that.

11-26-14, 11:15 AM   #424
Skellionz
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thanks for the quick fix, im also noticing for some reason my direction pointer on the main map is not pointing the same way as the minimap one. The latter being correct its VERY confusing when the 2 are overlaid on the map because u are going towards and moving away from the destination .

and the ? quest complete is a bit funky for me. when u are going towards the quest finish the icon kinda comes in from behind me as i close in not in front. ? am i just being an idiot or is that wrong lol

Last edited by Skellionz : 11-26-14 at 11:18 AM.

11-26-14, 11:27 AM   #425
nerino1
A Kobold Labourer
Thank you so much for your hard work.

This is probably stuff you are already aware of but in case it's just me, I wanted to point out a few problems i have noticed.

1. when i accept a new a new quest and i try to track it, it tells me 'this objective is not in the database' , but if i do a /reload, it works after that.

2. on the map, all the zones in draenor are darkened/fog of war when you hover over them.

Keep up the great work.

11-26-14, 12:12 PM   #426
PotBelly
A Murloc Raider
New update is great...

Everything is working ok, but a few things, If i have Carb loaded, my laptop fan runs on high all the time.
Laptop ( Dell M4600 32GB mem, running on 512SSD with 1gb Vid memory, Win 7 Ultimate 64Bit)
I unload the add on and this goes away.
Everything on laptop is updated. I work in the tech field.
I use carb with Routes, and I am not able to see the routes on the carb map anymore.
This did work before.
Not sure if this is something on the Routes side or Carb side.
Anyways keep up the great work.

11-26-14, 12:42 PM   #427
Blackpsycho
A Defias Bandit
Is it right my map is only gray cant discover the map ?

11-26-14, 01:14 PM   #428
Ghosthree3
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Not sure if this is known, but I've noticed for quite some time that the quest window labels any normal quest as a Daily. This was happening back in panda land a week ago and it's still happening now.

11-26-14, 03:15 PM   #429
matrixchild
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I've always had a problem with the minimap staying docked after I've left an indoor location, decided to help test the sync'd version so I'll bring up that the issue is still there. To elaborate, I have my settings set so that the minimap docks onto the map when indoors and in an instance, then the minimap size is scaled to fit in the box. When it works great it docks when I go inside then goes back to the normal map style afterwards. When it doesn't work it stays docked as in this image.

Also, maybe I missed it but is there a current problem with the map in Draenor removing the fogged appearance?

Last edited by matrixchild : 11-26-14 at 03:40 PM.

11-26-14, 04:36 PM   #430
Goranth
An Aku'mai Servant
should be fixed now, was my mistake in reading :P let this be a warning... don't drink and code.
Get your inspiration from the spirits, but do the work once they've passed LOL

Heres a laugh for ya, I didn't quite catch on that I could actually download and use carb again, even if its still being ironed out, I missed that map! LOL I wish I knew anything about coding but I will share any bugs I find via the proper channel at the least

11-26-14, 07:40 PM   #431
Eternal_Lynx
An Aku'mai Servant

Should be fixed now, there was a small change made to allow continents to be localized but the continents were never added to the locale file.

The garrison problem is actually because it's not able to draw the overlay, I need to actually take a character through the portal and get into the garrison so I can see why it's happening (green always means unloadable texture). Hopefully tonight I'll be able to do that.
Actually...at the beginning of Guide.lua they're already there:
Carbonite\Locales\enUS\Guide.lua, line 5~10:
Lua Code:
  1. L["Kalimdor"] = true
  2. L["Eastern Kingdoms"] = true
  3. L["Outlands"] = true
  4. L["Northrend"] = true
  5. L["The Maelstrom"] = true
  6. L["Pandaria"] = true
So it's not necessary to inculde them in Zones.lua.

11-26-14, 09:39 PM   #432
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Ok that's just bizarre... I thought they were declared already, but someone was reporting they had localization errors on startup that Outlands was not declared.

11-26-14, 10:11 PM   #433
LustSinister
A Defias Bandit
lol that sounds like it would be no fun to drink and code. :P

11-27-14, 01:17 AM   #434
Ghosthree3
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
For some reason even though the hide in combat is unchecked, the quest watcher window will hide in combat. Is this known?

Also for the daily quest for areas where you have to fill the bar by killing/doing things the bar is hidden with no replacement.

11-27-14, 02:32 AM   #435
Skellionz
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
well after whatever rythal did i stopped getting the outland message? so shrug

11-27-14, 04:33 AM   #436
edcaguy
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Notes

Do notes work and if I make a note is it saved in saved files or in the addon files? That's a top feature I use to make notes of rares limited use item vendor and the like.

11-27-14, 09:00 AM   #437
matrixchild
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I'm having the same problem where no matter the settings the quest tracker hides during combat

11-27-14, 10:06 AM   #438
Tobag
A Kobold Labourer
The quest tracker is a known issue he ackknowledged it already, but there are more pressing isssues than that methinks

11-27-14, 12:06 PM   #439
Treferimore
A Defias Bandit
I can't seem to get the addon to open at all. download it. send it all to the interface/addon tab in wow, and still won't work. help a slightly computer illiterate brother out

11-27-14, 12:35 PM   #440
Urtia
A Murloc Raider
OK I must be totally dumb here is there a working beta of Carbonite? If so where can i get it? Im losing my marbles here with out my square map, I truly hate Blizz's tiny circle map

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » WOD/Pre-patch