01-14-11, 02:04 PM   #1
Dharmakaya
A Defias Bandit
Extreme FPS drops in certain dungeons

I have an NVIDIA GTX 275 with up to date drivers. Everywhere in the world I am capable of reaching 200fps. Right outside the entrance to Blackwing Descent I sit at about 190fps (everything on LOW). When I enter BWD, my framerate drops to 12fps and will never go above this. I have similar issues in Blackrock Caverns and Stonecore.

I found Carbonite to be the cause of this. I removed my WTF and INTERFACE folder and cleared my CACHE folder. With total default settings, everything works fine. I then put my interface folder back and was having the same problems. I disabled all of my addons and went through, bringing them up one at a time by themselves and found that my up to date Carbonite was the culprit.

EDIT: I noticed someone had this issue when they went to a spot on the map where the coords were 0,0. I noticed that the coords on the mini-map reads anywhere in bwd (and possibly other dungeons?) as 0,0. Possible relation?

Last edited by Dharmakaya : 01-14-11 at 04:19 PM.

01-15-11, 05:15 AM   #2
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Have you tried with Carbonite as the only addon running?

I have seen reports of Archy and Carbonite causing this issue when both are enabled.

Personally, while I don't yet raid, I have no issues with Carbonite 4.033 in BRC and/or SC.

01-19-11, 05:42 AM   #3
Tubben
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Jigain View Post

I have seen reports of Archy and Carbonite causing this issue when both are enabled.

Personally, while I don't yet raid, I have no issues with Carbonite 4.033 in BRC and/or SC.
It is a problem with Carbonite, in BWD Carbonite freaks out and you cant really raid with it.

After disabling Carbonite the FPS is all good in BWD.

01-19-11, 09:14 AM   #4
Jigain
A Molten Giant

01-20-11, 02:53 AM   #5
Dharmakaya
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
Yes. If it didn't come across that way in my original post, I tried it with only Carbonite and it was happening.

01-20-11, 07:35 AM   #6
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Hmm. It was my belief (particularly since it was confirmed by several others) that the FPS issue in Blackrock Caverns and Stonecore was resolved in the latest release of Carbonite, leaving Blackwing Descent the only instance where FPS drops while using Carbonite. That's why I was curious whether or not you were using any other addons that conflicted with Carb in the fixed instances. Which version of Carbonite are you using?

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Extreme FPS drops in certain dungeons