12-11-09, 06:20 AM   #1
Doomlord
A Theradrim Guardian

Support for official features ?

When are you planning on supporting the features Blizzard is already providing ?

I still can't see the dungeon maps available for the new dungeons, even though the default map provides it.

When will you just use the database of quests Blizzard provides in 3.3 instead of keeping your own incomplete and inaccurate one ?

12-12-09, 07:25 AM   #2
Enerla
A Defias Bandit
Most quest addons have the same key problem with database: It is hard to identify zone drops, etc. unless you do it manually. This is why several other addons like QuestHelper often thinks the source of some quest item is the mailbox (if it can be traded and people sell it on AH) instead of showing where can you get it from mobs, vendors etc.

Carbonite is better since it shows more possible locations, and for this reason it is less missleading.

Also since it shows multiple locations, if the nearby one doesn't have that many mobs, overfarmed, camped by bots, etc. you can go to another location.

Buts its database is incomplette, and has some bugous data.

Say: Some of the Argent Tournament Dailies now require us to kill specific kind of mobs, yet the database includes another solution. In Un'Goro I seen 2 objectives lines for the quest where you kill the winged dino things, but you no longer need to kill 2 kinds of them for the quest, etc.

So in essence Blizzard UI might seem better, might work better, etc. and the amount of other carbonite features I use are rather limited (gathering and pals) and some can be replaced.

Yet there is a point where carbonite is strong. Blizzard UI doesn't tend to show multiple locations for the quest object, according to the patch notes, etc. it shows closest one... Which can be farmed by many players...

12-14-09, 03:38 PM   #3
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
It is not that simple. Blizzard shows points and areas. The point is one per quest not objective, while we show one per objective. They appear to be using the "good enough" principle. Their areas are not usable by addons because I see no way to access the data. They have some new frame type that just magically draws them, so we can't point you to them.

We will support the points at some point. Maybe next version.

I don't know anything about the new dungeons, so I'll put that on the todo list.

12-16-09, 04:56 AM   #4
Doomlord
A Theradrim Guardian

Originally Posted by carboniteaddon View Post
It is not that simple. Blizzard shows points and areas. The point is one per quest not objective, while we show one per objective. They appear to be using the "good enough" principle. Their areas are not usable by addons because I see no way to access the data. They have some new frame type that just magically draws them, so we can't point you to them.

We will support the points at some point. Maybe next version.

I don't know anything about the new dungeons, so I'll put that on the todo list.
Oh, that clears p the things with the map ^^ It's just what i expected Blizzard to do >.< .

And yes, please do have a look at the new dungeon maps

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Support for official features ?