12-15-14, 10:38 PM   #881
Mnementh
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by kaerras View Post
Not sure if this is related to the beta or just my own messed up settings: when in caves/indoors, I have to keep the minimap docked, otherwise a giant black circle appears on the map around my character - *snip*
I'm going to bring this up again, since I have not seen a response, and I am having the same problem. If minimap is set to dock and not full size interior building maps and cave maps are visible but if set to full size it is just black. Square setting or circle, above icons, etc, all settings have no effect. The interesting thing is that if I hold down <CTRL>+<ALT> and move around inside the garrison mine for example, I see the mine interior map and nodes just fine. If i release the keys it goes black again. I have tried with just carbonite as only addon loaded with clean wtf dir and it has the same quirk. 2 different accounts too.

12-16-14, 12:10 AM   #882
Ghosthree3
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Did I do something or are quest areas no longer shaded? I have the little coloured circle with the X in it, but the area won't shade, instead I have the Blizzard shade.

12-16-14, 12:24 AM   #883
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by Mnementh View Post
I'm going to bring this up again, since I have not seen a response, and I am having the same problem. If minimap is set to dock and not full size interior building maps and cave maps are visible but if set to full size it is just black. Square setting or circle, above icons, etc, all settings have no effect. The interesting thing is that if I hold down <CTRL>+<ALT> and move around inside the garrison mine for example, I see the mine interior map and nodes just fine. If i release the keys it goes black again. I have tried with just carbonite as only addon loaded with clean wtf dir and it has the same quirk. 2 different accounts too.
The black circle is a bug in blizzards rendering of the minimap. The moment it's even the slightest transparent it turns entirely black for random places / area's. it has plagued Carbonite since dalaran (you can find people asking about it from years ago), I was using "bugged areas" to detect and force it to dock in spots it would happen, but now it's happening in more and more places... the only fix would be to disable transparency of the minimap.

12-16-14, 01:17 AM   #884
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Ghosthree3 View Post
Did I do something or are quest areas no longer shaded? I have the little coloured circle with the X in it, but the area won't shade, instead I have the Blizzard shade.
Nope the blobs are there but for quest which have only one objective which has only one coord there is circle with X... Which quest are u talking about?

12-16-14, 01:38 AM   #885
Ghosthree3
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Originally Posted by ircdirk View Post
Nope the blobs are there but for quest which have only one objective which has only one coord there is circle with X... Which quest are u talking about?
These ones were a bunch of fishing quests in Pandaria, they had more than just one objective. It was happening yesterday on different quests too though.

EDIT: Another quest now IS showing a shaded area, I guess the quest data for those other ones are just incomplete.

Last edited by Ghosthree3 : 12-16-14 at 01:43 AM.

12-16-14, 01:42 AM   #886
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

These ones were a bunch of fishing quests in Pandaria, they had more than just one objective. It was happening yesterday on different quests too though.
The questdatabase is not complete yet, so there are many quest missing... i think i didnt add any profession quests to db so no fishing there... so no blobs either.

12-16-14, 02:24 AM   #887
atl77
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Originally Posted by Meganbtoo View Post
Maybe some of those addon writers produced their betas while WoD was in beta, not 2 months after WoD's release. Well, over 2 months months now. And beta was around for what, 6 months? Please do not get on your high horses about this, carbonite is a little behind other addons in the development cycle. Not a complaint, just a statement.
If you start to compare Carbonite to other addons, maybe you shouldn't stop with release cycles. Carbonite is much more complex than most other addons. Yes, we are a little behind, but we're slowly catching up. If you can help and want help, that's fine, but otherwise, don't waste our time.

12-16-14, 02:29 AM   #888
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by atl77 View Post
If you start to compare Carbonite to other addons, maybe you shouldn't stop with release cycles. Carbonite is much more complex than most other addons. Yes, we are a little behind, but we're slowly catching up. If you can help and want help, that's fine, but otherwise, don't waste our time.
Everybody should keep it in mind that this was developed by one person. Just recently some other persons joined the project.

12-16-14, 03:16 AM   #889
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

EDIT: Another quest now IS showing a shaded area, I guess the quest data for those other ones are just incomplete.
Please give me link to this fishing quests u are talking about.

Last edited by ircdirk : 12-16-14 at 03:26 AM.

12-16-14, 03:21 AM   #890
Ghosthree3
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Please give me link to this quest u are talking about.
Here's one of them that I remember, http://www.wowhead.com/quest=30754

There were several from the Anglers that do it though iirc.

12-16-14, 03:29 AM   #891
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

Here's one of them that I remember, http://www.wowhead.com/quest=30754

There were several from the Anglers that do it though iirc.
As u can see on wowhead map theres no coords for this quest objective. So even if this quest would be in db, it wouldnt show blobs for this quest I see no workaround for this kind of quests

12-16-14, 03:48 AM   #892
atl77
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Maybe we could change Quest Module so whenever it encounters a quest not in the database, it collects as much informations about it as possible to some file that users can re-share with the developers.

12-16-14, 03:59 AM   #893
Ghosthree3
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Originally Posted by atl77 View Post
Maybe we could change Quest Module so whenever it encounters a quest not in the database, it collects as much informations about it as possible to some file that users can re-share with the developers.
Slight change to this, whenever it encounters a quest it doesn't have all the data for, it supplements the missing parts with the exact data the Blizzard module uses. Eg. in that case it doesn't have the data for a shaded area, instead use the data Blizzard's shaded area uses then hide Blizzard's.

Kind of related, is there a way to hide the Blizzard shaded areas when Carbonite has the area shaded itself? They overlap and it gets messy.

12-16-14, 04:06 AM   #894
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

Slight change to this, whenever it encounters a quest it doesn't have all the data for, it supplements the missing parts with the exact data the Blizzard module uses. Eg. in that case it doesn't have the data for a shaded area, instead use the data Blizzard's shaded area uses then hide Blizzard's.
I dont know if we have access to Blizz blobs (shades) through lua. If we would have this access then gathering data from wowhead would not be needed.

Kind of related, is there a way to hide the Blizzard shaded areas when Carbonite has the area shaded itself? They overlap and it gets messy.
Same here. I cant see in Blizzard Options to disable those blobs (shades).

12-16-14, 05:43 AM   #895
nelegalno2
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
@Goranth, can you tell me what addon are you using to get this type of error msg?

@LordofChaos, I appreciate you defending the people working on the addon (I'm one of them after all), but expressing you're opinion when you have no idea what you are talking about and starting a flame war is not good idea.

Update on the crashing issue:
Deleting the cache folder doesn't help, I've done some more testing and the results are even more confusing: If I leave only the Carbonite and Hunter Pets addons it loads fine, after adding the rest of my addons one by one I determined that it needs Stubby from http://auctioneeraddon.com/dl/?dl=Re...5.21c.5521.zip. But by removing the rest of the addons it loads fine with just Carbonite, Hunter Pets & Auctioneer. Right now I'm reinstalling WoW just in case one of it files was damaged and causing the issue.

P.S. If you can think of something I might try that will help narrow down the problem let me know. I'll also be testing with the updated version of Carbonite once I get home.

[EDIT]
Quests files are updated and smaller size. Maybe that will change something, try it. But they did worked before this changes.
I know, I'm starting to think it's a combination of addons or a specific setting in one of them.

Last edited by nelegalno2 : 12-16-14 at 06:41 AM.

12-16-14, 05:49 AM   #896
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by nelegalno2 View Post
P.S. If you can think of something I might try that will help narrow down the problem let me know. I'll also be testing with the updated version of Carbonite once I get home.
Quests files are updated and smaller size. Maybe that will change something, try it. But they did worked before this changes.

12-16-14, 08:35 AM   #897
nelegalno2
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Forgot to mention that Draenor (962) > Frostfire Ridge (941) > Bladespire Citadel sub-zone is not displaying correctly with ver 2534a72.

12-16-14, 08:43 AM   #898
samyonair
A Frostmaul Preserver

Just a Guess to the problem from nelegalno could the Memory Problem come from acelib together with the question phrase How many Quests prevousliy Done ?

Because Have some laggs on load Until the phrase comes in Chat

Have fixed the Problems with weekly some locales missen ordentlich miss Written

Greetings Samyonair

12-16-14, 09:28 AM   #899
nelegalno2
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by samyonair View Post
Just a Guess to the problem from nelegalno could the Memory Problem come from acelib together with the question phrase How many Quests prevousliy Done ?

Because Have some laggs on load Until the phrase comes in Chat

Have fixed the Problems with weekly some locales missen ordentlich miss Written

Greetings Samyonair
You might be correct since I'm a PvE player and have most of the available quest's already completed including the ones for WoD (and a lot of the achievements).

P.S. Thanks and when you have some free time check the pull requests.

Last edited by nelegalno2 : 12-16-14 at 09:31 AM.

12-16-14, 10:32 AM   #900
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
The easy way to find out if it's quest history causing it would be manually edit your Carbonite.Quests.lua within your WTF folder.

Inside Quests={

add HCheckCompleted = false

that will turn off Carbonite doing quest history check.

Or edit NxQuests.lua and change the default from true to false and try it.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » WOD/Pre-patch