12-16-08, 05:45 AM   #1
Fathamier
A Defias Bandit
Drain Soul Ticker

I registered purely to request this, as it seems to be more and more of an issue.

With recent changes to "Drain Soul" and affliction talents, Drain Soul becomes a warlocks most powerful nuke from 25% to 0. However, we still need to keep up Haunt, Shadow Embrace, and all of our Shadow based DoTs. The means we almost never get to channel the full 15s duration of Drain Soul, and almost always need to cancel it early.

What I am looking for, is a mod that will replace/overlay/ or give me an additional cast bar. Included within this cast bar, are lines or different colors showing when my next "tic" of damage is due, including haste modifiers. Its really the large variations of haste that are causing my trouble.

Including Latency would be nice, but I'm used to working with a steady latency anyway.

Perhaps this already exists, and I'm simply not aware of it?

Also, and completely unrelated, I love your mods Tekkub. You may not remember raiding with me in KMB, almost 3 years ago, but I do!
12-16-08, 06:03 AM   #2
tinyu
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
have u tried http://www.wowinterface.com/download...myCastbar.html ?

or http://www.wowinterface.com/download...teWarlock.html ?
12-16-08, 06:48 AM   #3
Fathamier
A Defias Bandit
I currently using Forte, and I have used NEC. They don't really show me what I am looking for.

Drain Soul hits every 3 seconds, 5 times over 15 seconds. When I have to cancel the spell, I don't want to cancel it just before another tic of damage (Its normally hitting for 10k on a fully debuffed target below 25%). Its too much damage to miss out on just to refresh my debuffs. And the reaction time of seeing the damage on my screen/combat log and then canceling the cast is too long.

Basically I need something that places 4 equally distant markers on my castbar, showing me where each tic will happen. This would work even on Drain life or drain mana as they also have 5 ticks.

I suppose I could just "Guess" but I'm doing close to 4k dps... so that .3 seconds that I'm off is over 1000 damage.
12-16-08, 06:50 AM   #4
dafire
Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
this is a new feature in forte that it will show when drain life will tick the next time.
12-16-08, 07:22 AM   #5
Fathamier
A Defias Bandit
I'll check it out when the servers come back online, perhaps I just have an old version. It seemed like a simple enough problem/solution that something had to be available somewhere. Thanks for the Info.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Drain Soul Ticker