04-23-09, 11:08 PM   #1
Fengalion
A Defias Bandit
Viewing areas on the map

I have been using Carbonite for a while now but I have been noticing something that I have not been able to fix or find a solution for. I will be in a zone and then want to look at a zone far away or even just a few zones away from the one I am currently in. However I cannot zoom in or check on a zone, I try every combination of buttons but either have nothing happen, or get pulled back to the zone I am in. The only way to be able to do this is to disable the carbonite maximized map and switch back to the default. Is anyone able to look at any zone in the game no matter where you are with Carbonite? Is there some option I need to enable perhaps I missed?

04-24-09, 01:27 AM   #2
datafarmer
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Premium Member
I am gonna guess that your zone map is open. open up the regular blizzard map and near the top left there is a option list for zone map make sure it is set to 'never show'.

My zone map was on but transparent, drove me nuts for a while figuring it out.

04-24-09, 07:50 PM   #3
Fengalion
A Defias Bandit
It was already set to Never Show. I can easily see all the areas in my zone even those not explored, but I can't be in Northrend and look at something in Outland, the full zoomed out version is all that stays there, I can't see the map for any other zone pretty much.

04-25-09, 05:22 PM   #4
datafarmer
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Premium Member
Well other than that I don't know. You might check your other addons I read here somewhere of another addon that was locking people to one zone but I couldn't find that thread.

04-29-09, 08:48 PM   #5
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Other addons can force a zone to be selected.
Disable all other addons and test.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Viewing areas on the map