04-25-09, 07:37 AM   #1
Ikkabod
A Murloc Raider
Lightbulb Rep with Darnasus

Hi,

I joined the forum just now as i have been meaning to request an added option in Carbonite - Great tool by the way - love it!

Under 'Options' in Carbonite, you can select what you want to show on your maps, i.e 'Mining', 'Herbalism', 'Low Level Quests' etc... I've been working on my first Cat mount lately and reading what i can on acquiring Rep with Darnasus, and it's not that easy - spend more time reading and re-checking, than doing the quests, and finally decided am just gonna do em all. Often thought during this process to mention it to you that it would be very sweet to be able to select 'Faction Quests' and have the selected Faction quests show up on the map. That would give us wings.

Great prog! Thx.

04-25-09, 08:10 AM   #2
BlackAcid
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by Ikkabod View Post
you can select what you want to show on your maps, i.e 'Mining', 'Herbalism', 'Low Level Quests' etc...
That is a function introduced into the game by blizzard after a patch a while back.
I'm assuming carbonite is just expanding on that, and I don't think there is really any options available to mod authors to change it's functionality. Except maybe to change how to access it or how it appears.

As for "faction quests", almost if not all will reward faction points if you are talking about the quests from the beginning areas for that faction. There really isn't any specific "faction quests" that I'm aware of unless you count the cloth turn in quests.

04-25-09, 09:25 AM   #3
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Best thing to do is start from the new player area and just follow where it leads you. You'll usually end up with all the rep you need. Interesting suggestion though.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor

04-25-09, 10:08 AM   #4
Chmee
A Molten Giant
Check out Factionizer.

04-26-09, 04:45 PM   #5
Spahut
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Or if you are level 77+ you can do the dailies at the new Tournament to get rep with the city of your choice.

04-27-09, 08:11 AM   #6
Ikkabod
A Murloc Raider
A lot of people start a character with one goal in mind, and that is acquire rep with Darnasus immediately to get a cat asap (maybe by lvl 30); so 77 a lil too late.

Would be nice if you could just select the option to view only those quests that render rep with Darnasus (or other Factions, some might want an Mastadon or a horse, or a robo chicken...) - like the option to view Low Level.

Would be dreamy.

Btw, do the adds on this forum bother anybody else? I can't see or click on anything top right because of them. Not a good forum feature.

04-30-09, 01:06 PM   #7
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

We don't have rep amounts in our quest database. We only have a limited amount of rep data for specific dailies quests.

04-30-09, 02:42 PM   #8
Mycroftxxx1
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

I was using EveryQuest and TourGuide to run me through the starter areas. TourGuide brought me to the quest givers and EveryQuest made sure I didn't miss anything. Light-headed also show rep rewards and I use that with DoubleWide.

I know this works well since I just got Ambassador title on my lvl 44 human paladin. I had the faction bonus helping me so it limited how many quests I needed to do. Also, do the cloth turn-ins if you haven't.

Good Luck

04-30-09, 03:24 PM   #9
Ikkabod
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by carboniteaddon View Post
We don't have rep amounts in our quest database. We only have a limited amount of rep data for specific dailies quests.

Well, wasn't the "amounts" i was interested in; rather, the "type" of rep.

I'd like to be able to see, or select, just the quests that have, or lead, to rep with Darnassus. I, like many, started from scratch with my Draenei in Teldresil, and should have been exaulted by 30 as humans are; but they get a 10% bonus on rep. Having done all of Darnassus, Darkshore, Astranaar, and the few others suggested, i'm a little short still at lvl 33 (about 2K); so, am forced to go do everything, and will still probably be exaulted with Exodar before Darnassus - Dont like the elephant at all, or the robo-chicken, and am stuck on the former till i hit 40 and my boobs are saging - lol.

It's a very common desire, as many seek the cat for transpotation and all struggle through the pages of info on it while they quest. Just seemed to me to be a good idea to implement the option if possible, as is mining, or other farming options, or low level quests, or beasts vrs humans in the mini map display...

05-01-09, 01:21 AM   #10
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Ikkabod View Post
Well, wasn't the "amounts" i was interested in; rather, the "type" of rep.
When i said amount, I meant we have no rep data at all.

05-01-09, 10:21 AM   #11
Chmee
A Molten Giant
Factionizer will tell you which quests/mobs/etc will enhance your rep with any faction, and by how much. It also tells you how much rep you need to get to the next level.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Rep with Darnasus