04-26-09, 10:55 AM   #1
GB2
A Kobold Labourer
Mining Icons

I just reloaded carbonite, and for some reason my mining icons aren't showing up on my carbonite map, just on the minimap which I have inside of the big map. I also use Gatherer, and they seemed to work really well together before, but the Gatherer icons are only showing up in the minimap too. I have searched the settings of course and can't seem to find what I'm missing. If anyone has any suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated.

04-26-09, 02:33 PM   #2
Gilgadesh
A Murloc Raider
Unhappy mining icons me too

I am having the exact same issue. If I keep the WoW and Carbonite mini-maps separate, all the node icons show up in Carbonite but it doesn't inidicate the nodes that exist; that is ones I am tracking and can see in the WoW mini-map.

If I move the mini-map into carbonite, none of the carbonite icons show up for the nodes in the zone; in fact NONE of the carbonite icons show up at all. None of the quest, kill, etc. icons. I have played with the transparency but to no avail....

Everything just worked flawlessly in 3.10; but in 3.11 I cannot get the combined mini-maps to show what they need to show. I am having other problems that I see listed elsewhere too. Seriously contemplating going back to 3.10 to see if that works.

04-26-09, 05:22 PM   #3
Gilgadesh
A Murloc Raider
Okay got it to work.

Apparently you do not just want to install 3.11 over the top of 3.10.

I deleted carbonite from the add-ons folder. then I did a search on carbon*.* in my wow directory and deleted everything I found.

Re-installed 3.11 and it appears to be working correctly.

04-29-09, 09:39 PM   #4
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Overwriting 3.10 files with 3.11 should be fine.

A few map defaults were changed and forcibly reapplied to get everyone's settings at a good default place. The Transparency setting in the map Minimap sub menu was changed to .1 from .5, which would fade out any icons from other addons set as children of the minimap frame, so you may want to set it back to .5 or higher. Holding Alt key does force it to 1.0 now. That does not effect the Carb POI icons.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Mining Icons