04-27-09, 04:30 PM   #1
Kerosene
A Defias Bandit
A bit of a problem.

I love this addon but it is conflicting with something. It doesn't happen all the time, but often enough; when I take a portal, or ride on the zep, I will get dropped off in the middle of the ocean. It has even happened after using the hearth. Also, after I've done vehicle quests, my action bar stays the same as if I were still in the vehicle, or disappears altogether, which kind of makes the game unplayable.

I had to delete all of my addons and reinstall them one by one in attempt to find which one was causing the issues. Unfortunately, it's this.

I don't know if this is a known problem, or if it's one shared by others but I just wanted to give a headsup. I really hope this can be fixed sooner rather than later.

04-27-09, 05:22 PM   #2
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

When you say you get dropped off in the ocean, do you mean your toon does, or where it shows you on the map? If you physically arrive at your destination, but the map shows you are elsewhere, then there may be a problem. If you literally get dropped off into the ocean, that's an error on Blizz and you likely found a glitch.

04-27-09, 06:43 PM   #3
Kerosene
A Defias Bandit
Yeah, I usually end up in the black part of the water.

I'm not really sure how they can help me. They'd usually advise to delete my cache, wtf, and addons, or use the repair.exe, which doesn't work for very long. I have to do it almost every other day.

04-27-09, 07:07 PM   #4
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

If there's a problem with your game client, then you may need to do what they suggest. I personally hate deleting my Addons, WTF and Cache files. Generally I rename the folders or back them up somewhere so I have all my saved settings somewhere.

I would try and rename your folders and then log into WoW with zero addons. Try to recreate what happens before you take the long walk off the short plank into the ocean. If you can duplicate it, you've got a glitch. Worst case you may find it necessary to reinstall the game client from scratch.

All in all, it sounds like a WoW bug, not an addon one

04-27-09, 10:49 PM   #5
Kerosene
A Defias Bandit
Mm. I deleted all addons that I had, then reinstalled them except for Carbonite. I have not encountered the issue again, but it sucks because I don't have a quest guide.

Deleting my cache, wtf files, and addons is not something that I can tolerate doing every other day anymore.

Thanks for your help though.

04-29-09, 06:14 PM   #6
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
There is nothing for us to fix, since addons cannot in any known way move you or stop you from moving, be it from running, riding, swimming, falling, porting, hearthing, zoning or whatever. I have very rarely fallen off a blimp when it was zoning or popped back out of an instance when entering it. That is a server problem and retrying it usually was successful except when the server was rebooting and it would fail until the server came back up. The game world is actually spread across many servers, so part of it can be down while the rest is fine.

Last edited by carboniteaddon : 04-29-09 at 06:16 PM.

04-30-09, 05:52 AM   #7
wreck
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Agree with the other posters here, Carbonite is not the problem. In fact, this cannot be any of the addons you have installed. You either have a problem in WoW software or a problem with your server.

What server are you playing on BTW?

/Prepares not to be shocked by an obvious answer.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » A bit of a problem.