09-12-08, 09:58 AM   #1
Dissident
An Aku'mai Servant
Safe to use WAU weekly?

I have had mazzle for awhile, and love it. I have yet to update anything because I really have no real problems. Is it safe to use WAU and update addons frequently? I thought some were altered to work correctly with mazzle so I wasn't sure.

I am sure this has been asked before, but I can't seem to find the post on it. I am at work on my iphone and it is a bit hard to search and see everything! lol

thanks
09-12-08, 11:58 AM   #2
Dissident
An Aku'mai Servant
NM, found a post on it that says it's safe!
09-15-08, 04:12 PM   #3
Wardog72
A Fallenroot Satyr
Curious if anyone else has recently had their account hacked. I'm very, very careful with my passwords and security in general (1 virus in like 15 years). I use daily the JWoWUpdater to keep my addons fresh and clean. I'd heard WoWMatrix was iffy and wonder if the keyloggers and such have migrated to this updater...
09-15-08, 05:15 PM   #4
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I use WoWMatrix and have no issues. But, I also have the authenticator along with a custom host file, and (more than I prolly need) other security softwares on my computer to headoff keyloggers and the like. Plus I am extremely picky about the sites that I visit, plus I am the only one who uses my computer in my house.

You can find WoWMatrix for download on the official Apple web site and CNets Download site. I find it to be pretty safe as the program itself will not allow any executables to install. It runs a bit slower than WAU, but I think that's because each addon is scanned by them before it's downloaded onto your computer. I find it easier to use than WAU, and it definitely looks a hell of a lot better imho.

You can read about it here:
http://www.wowmatrix.com/safe-computing.html
09-15-08, 05:18 PM   #5
Wardog72
A Fallenroot Satyr
The reason I mentioned WoWMatrix is that is what the Blizzard employee mentioned. I used to use WAU but shifted to JWoWUpdater. No scans have revealed keyloggers or really anything else so I'm delving deeper and deeper....
09-15-08, 05:42 PM   #6
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I use JWoWUpdater, it's awesome. And it's free (as in speech and as is beer), so if you know java you can edit it.

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Safe to use WAU weekly?