01-23-07, 01:41 PM   #1
Nemesi
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
My chat bars keep disappearing.

I just recently redid my UI and I now use 3 chat boxes, main, Guild, and combat. However the 2 "created" tabs keep disappearing after awhile and its driving me crazy. Is there an addon to keep them locked (yes I already use the default lock) so they dont disappear?

Thanks in advance!

01-23-07, 01:46 PM   #2
Meeresa
A Murloc Raider
I hate this, it keeps happening to me too and I have yet to figure out why. For me though my extra chat window only disappears when I open the world map. I have taken to only using alpha map for stuff so my chat window doesn't go away. I would love to hear why it keeps happening.
01-23-07, 03:40 PM   #3
Nemesi
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Ya, Ive noticed that it *sometimes* dissappears when I go to my map, but not always. Sometimes it just randomly goes away and Ill notice all of a sudden guild chat has been silent for 5 mins and I realize it went away again. Its driving me nuts.
01-23-07, 03:49 PM   #4
Roane
A Theradrim Guardian
Try disabling the "Auto Join Guild Recruitment Channel" option in your interface options. Fixed it for me.
01-23-07, 05:46 PM   #5
robthedude
Don't Panic

Aye, I've heard the disable 'Auto-join guild recruitment channel' thing works,

me, what I do is get everything how I want it and then go into WorldofWarcraft/WTF/account/ACCOUNTNAME/REALMNAME/CHARACTERNAME

then right-click on chat-cache.txt and click properties, then enable 'Read Only'.

that'll get your settings to stick, the downside is that if you want to change anything you have to go back to that file and disable 'Read Only'.

But seriously, only do this if the other suggestion doesn't work.
01-26-07, 03:35 PM   #6
FireFly
A Murloc Raider
This happens to me too, but it's my combat window that sticks to the main window randomly. Every logon it works, but after a time, I notice I can't see my hits in the regular Combat log, just the Scrolling Text.. (I use Scrolling most, just looks at combat for reference of crits etc.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » My chat bars keep disappearing.