05-26-13, 08:10 PM   #1
Baptism2
A Defias Bandit
Carbonite and TomTom not playing nice

As of the latest alpha version, 5.3.0-Alpha-1r1, Carbonite is doing something to interfere with TomTom's crazy arrow-- if I manually add a waypoint (i.e. /way 60 60) in the location where TomTom's arrow shows up results in a box with a bunch of squiggly lines (may be small foreign characters, not positive). Disabling Carbonites TomTom emulation doesn't have any effect on TomTom, but disabling Carbonite entirely does "fix" TomTom. I didn't unload each module individually, so I'm not sure exactly which module is causing it.

05-26-13, 08:58 PM   #2
JimJoBlue
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Carbonite's "Tom Tom emulation" Uses the Tom Tom addon for the waypointing from within Carb's map...
All it's there for is for other addons to be able to call on Carb's waypoint...
You don't need to have Tom Tom active.

In fact, disable it entirely in your addon selection screen, just have it installed.. Carb can still use it.

Carb supports /way if you have Tom Tom emulation set... (some posts that may help: http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ghlight=%2Fway
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ghlight=%2Fway
)

Problem solved?

There used to be a post explaining why to have Tom Tom installed, but not activated and I can't seem to find it anywhere...

05-26-13, 10:05 PM   #3
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Can you try this carbonite.lua and let me know if it fixes it... right now both carbonite and tomtom are fighting for who is in control of your functions, hopefully this one fixes that.
Attached Files
File Type: lua Carbonite.lua (89.9 KB, 428 views)

05-26-13, 10:07 PM   #4
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by JimJoBlue View Post
Carbonite's "Tom Tom emulation" Uses the Tom Tom addon for the waypointing from within Carb's map...
All it's there for is for other addons to be able to call on Carb's waypoint...
You don't need to have Tom Tom active.

In fact, disable it entirely in your addon selection screen, just have it installed.. Carb can still use it.

Carb supports /way if you have Tom Tom emulation set... (some posts that may help: http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ghlight=%2Fway
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ghlight=%2Fway
)

Problem solved?

There used to be a post explaining why to have Tom Tom installed, but not activated and I can't seem to find it anywhere...
I've never had tomtom installed... ever lol carbonites tomtom emulation just takes the 4 common tomtom function calls and makes them work with the carbonite system.

05-27-13, 11:53 AM   #5
Baptism2
A Defias Bandit
It does seem to be working again with TomTom (currently both TomTom is installed/active and TomTom Emulation is active). As far as I can tell, there is no interference.

Edit: To clarify, this is using the latest alpha available for every file except the carbonite.lua that you posted a couple messages up.

Last edited by Baptism2 : 05-27-13 at 11:54 AM. Reason: see message, clarity

05-27-13, 06:42 PM   #6
anteract
Premium Member
Premium Member
Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
I've never had tomtom installed... ever lol carbonites tomtom emulation just takes the 4 common tomtom function calls and makes them work with the carbonite system.
The tomtom emulation would be complete if it understood this:

/way Valley of the Four Winds 45.4 38.2 Ghostly Pandaren Craftsman

But alas, it fails.

And today Tomtom isn't even loading at all according to "Archy"

(not complaining! just a bug report)

05-28-13, 09:03 AM   #7
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
The carbonite.lua I posted above should fix it not working at all. I added a check that if tomtom exists already, don't do anything.

As for the /way command... I knew I was forgetting something, will look today at trying to support name/comment portion.

05-28-13, 03:42 PM   #8
mrtchandler
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Umm, I might be missing the point on this, but TomTom emulation is still not working, I'm assuming the lua file is to make carbonite play nicely if TomTom is installed not to fix emulation. I say this only because Archy still gives me the same message saying TomTom is not available.

Which I assume is because Carbonite is load after game is started and archy is loading during/before?

Running 5.3.0 Alpha 1 R1 which says TomTom is fixed in notes, and the LUA listed here.

as ever keep up the good work it is MUCH appreciated

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite and TomTom not playing nice