02-23-09, 01:18 PM   #2841
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by KiwiiDawn View Post
Alright ill give it a try, but I was hopeing to have a way to replace healbot Via normal frames.
If you use Clique with nUI's unit frames, you don't need healbot anymore.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

02-23-09, 01:19 PM   #2842
neuralassassin
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Mama's scary
lmao

02-23-09, 01:47 PM   #2843
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by neuralassassin View Post
Mama's scary
lmao

Am nawt! lol I'm nice and sweet and cuddly just like a lil teddy bear! /nods

02-23-09, 03:54 PM   #2844
Jaush
A Murloc Raider
Thanks for the speedy reply Spiel! Replies in line below.

Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
Jaush -- you can find a GUI config and other plugins at http://www.wowinterface.com/download...=9108#optional
Exactly what I was after, tyvm.

As for tooltips on (de)buffs... they do already work for most (de)buffs, just not the ones in the bottom center of the HUD since that would interfere with targeting, etc. Which ones are you have a problem with?
I just went and retested this on my little druid out in STV. There are ogre witch doctors out near Grom'Gol that put a curse on you, so I went to them to try it out. I can see the curse on the HUD to the left of my life bar, on the HUD for the ToT, and also on my unit frame. But, when I hover over any of them I don't get a tool-tip telling me what it does. This same thing happens when I hover over my Buffs.

[*[*[ Little update. Turns out that whenever I had my tool-tips set to "mouse" they just wouldn't show up. I tried all the other settings and they worked just fine though! ]*]*]

Last edited by Jaush : 02-23-09 at 10:10 PM. Reason: Updated info

02-23-09, 04:20 PM   #2845
Sloth
An Aku'mai Servant
The height of the name in the buffbar dont get resetted, when the target (or the pet) doesn't have any buffs.

I attached 2 pics where you see what i mean.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_022309_230650_2.jpg
Views:	585
Size:	362.7 KB
ID:	2309  Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_022309_230726.jpg
Views:	585
Size:	550.3 KB
ID:	2310  

02-23-09, 04:32 PM   #2846
bakes82
A Fallenroot Satyr
I havent tried nui 5.0 on a raid yet it wasnt in my email before our raid But I use healbot as a holy pal. Will the nui player frames show BoL as an icon on who currently has it, as well as Sacred Shield or druid HoT's? Knowing whos got a HoT on so I dont have to cast a large heal is a big help. Otherwise healbot is still currenly better until these can be added. (Basicaly healers would probaly want to see any HoT/BOL/SS that is on a person, dont know if you can make a defined list and then pull it from the targets curent buff list and display it in the windows, but 40man might be rough)

02-23-09, 05:25 PM   #2847
Semhirage
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Ok, tried the new 5.0.

O M G

I love it, every bit and piece of it, I even added clique and totally ditched grid. Theres only like 3 things that I would love to see, and I'd be totally happy with everything. (Btw, you weren't kidding about the healthrace bar. Its godly in pve as a MT, but zomg jawesome in pvp)

Now i'm not sure how difficult these things will be to implement, i'm thinking more as possible plugins, rather than de-facto, since not everyone will need/use them.

1) aggro warnings on the raid frames. This is hands down one of the primary reasons i used grid/clique. Especially for Sarth+3 it just got to be so easy to see the red frame around someone who wasn't in the tanks group, and click to taunt off them. (pally taunt FTMFW)

2) (smart) Decurse warning. Just some indicator on the raid frame if someone has a poison/curse/disease/magic effect that your class is able to remove. (Again combined with clique is amazing for not having to worry about yet another mod like decursive. just means i gotta pay more attention)

3) Infopanel plugins are t3h borken. I half expected this, but also half hoped it would still work. the big ones i noticed, as they're the only ones i worry about, are the recount/omen ones. Especially the combined dual-stats one. EDIT: After some monkeying around, it would indeed appear, these are working. HUZZAH.

Otherwise, after some mild stress testing in numerous bg's, and some more testing tonight in 10-mans. I hope to be able to say without doubt that since being able to drop a few addons, and the new design in nui, i'm stable as ever, and improved in fps even if just a little.

Outstanding job Spiel, simply outstanding.

Last edited by Semhirage : 02-23-09 at 05:59 PM.

02-23-09, 05:50 PM   #2848
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Hmm, I've been using the 5.0 and haven't noticed any problems with the combined stats screens not working. But then have only done dailies so far so maybe something at the group/raid level.

Originally Posted by Semhirage View Post
Ok, tried the new 5.0.

O M G

I love it, every bit and piece of it, I even added clique and totally ditched grid. Theres only like 3 things that I would love to see, and I'd be totally happy with everything. (Btw, you weren't kidding about the healthrace bar. Its godly in pve as a MT, but zomg jawesome in pvp)

Now i'm not sure how difficult these things will be to implement, i'm thinking more as possible plugins, rather than de-facto, since not everyone will need/use them.

1) aggro warnings on the raid frames. This is hands down one of the primary reasons i used grid/clique. Especially for Sarth+3 it just got to be so easy to see the red frame around someone who wasn't in the tanks group, and click to taunt off them. (pally taunt FTMFW)

2) (smart) Decurse warning. Just some indicator on the raid frame if someone has a poison/curse/disease/magic effect that your class is able to remove. (Again combined with clique is amazing for not having to worry about yet another mod like decursive. just means i gotta pay more attention)

3) Infopanel plugins are t3h borken. I half expected this, but also half hoped it would still work. the big ones i noticed, as they're the only ones i worry about, are the recount/omen ones. Especially the combined dual-stats one.

Otherwise, after some mild stress testing in numerous bg's, and some more testing tonight in 10-mans. I hope to be able to say without doubt that since being able to drop a few addons, and the new design in nui, i'm stable as ever, and improved in fps even if just a little.

02-23-09, 06:06 PM   #2849
neuralassassin
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Likewise I've not noticed anything off about the info panels they work just as always nothing in that has changed as far as I know so ...
Do you have omen and recount installed? as long as they are I cant see any reason they wouldn't work but they don't come packaged with NUI just in case you didn't know

edit: stupid typos

02-23-09, 06:57 PM   #2850
KiwiiDawn
A Black Drake
Well, with you addin 25+ raid and if ya add the stuff too help out better show, curses and such stuff. then this will work just dandy for me.

02-23-09, 07:08 PM   #2851
Jungleanimal
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
WTB Proximo plugin. Literally I will pay for it. Nothing huge, just $30 for the plugin. plz?

Jungle

02-23-09, 07:11 PM   #2852
Marthisdil
An Onyxian Warder
Flickering

Scott,
With 5.0 Alpha, I'm getting a bunch of flickering on the screen. Doesn't always happen, and I haven't found a way to MAKE it happen. But it happens.

M

Marth

02-23-09, 07:19 PM   #2853
bakes82
A Fallenroot Satyr
Bugs:

25Man Raid comes after 40man
The players targets buffs isnt aligned on bottom with the players (THought you were OCD Man they need to be even )
Is there going to be an option to remove the buffs as text and put them back as icons the way they where?

02-23-09, 08:11 PM   #2854
Bluemystic
A Murloc Raider
To the best of my knowledge, the only piece I have left to implement to make nUI's unit frames a functional replacement to healbot/decursive is the alerts for curses, diseases, etc. Yes? No?
See the below quote that brings up a pretty important issue about Healbot.
Originally Posted by bakes82 View Post
I havent tried nui 5.0 on a raid yet it wasnt in my email before our raid But I use healbot as a holy pal. Will the nui player frames show BoL as an icon on who currently has it, as well as Sacred Shield or druid HoT's? Knowing whos got a HoT on so I dont have to cast a large heal is a big help. Otherwise healbot is still currenly better until these can be added. (Basicaly healers would probaly want to see any HoT/BOL/SS that is on a person, dont know if you can make a defined list and then pull it from the targets curent buff list and display it in the windows, but 40man might be rough)
From a Holy Priest's Perspective, Healbot shows me where (by way of mini scalable icons which count down there duration, on the raid member's bars):
  1. Prayer Of Mending (PoM) currently sits (its a 30-second buff that bounces around raid members 5 or 6 times, when the target is damaged it heals the player and then moves to the next target). It shows mine and others casts;
  2. Power Word: Sheild(s) buff(s). Basically absorbs dmg. Can be cast on multiple targets. It shows mine and others casts;
  3. Renew, a standard HoT. Can be cast on Multiple Targets. It shows ONLY my casts.

What Healbot doesn't do is show me which raid members have HoTs that aren't my own nor the abovementioned BOL/SS for Pallies and I am sure a number of other unusual healing-mechanic spells from other classes.

What X-Perl does is to show me a number on each raid member's bar that indicates HOW MANY HoTs they currently have on them. (This is better than healbot imo)

Now as a Priest:
  • I do need to know my own casts (with remaining duration countdown) of PW:S, Renew and PoM.
  • I don't need to see other's cast of Renew although a number on the bar representing the total number of HoTs from all classes (as in X-Perl) would be an improvement over what healbot does.
  • I do need to see other's casts of PoM and PW:S (as they wont stack with mine). Healbot differentiates other people's casts from your own by only putting the remaining duration timer on your casts, whereas other's casts are left blank.
I would really like to help you with a Priest's Perspective on Healbot (I have never used Grid, so no use there) and what makes it currently superior to nUI (only in easy healing functionality of course). I would be so happy to relinquish Healbot and Decursive for nUI. Decursive btw does have the ability to debuff by a macro keypress, might be something to look at in the future also.

I may as well copy parts of my posts from the official WoW forums regarding column and row numbers in the raid configurations over here so that it is all in one place:
Sorting by group (or class) is a good step forward. Still having groups broken over two columns will make it harder to recognise in two-tenths of a second if it is more mana efficient to Group heal or single heal, especially with the proposed changes to priest's main group heal spell which allows it to target other groups in the raid. Again, perhaps customisation is key, allowing nUI to figure out the optimal layout for however many raid mambers there are OR allowing us to set column heights to 5 rows.

I would argue that having the player frame replicated in the raid frames would also help with estimating group heal efficiency (also if column heights are set to a static 5 rows then there is a blank space for the player there anyway). Seeing the other 4 members of my group in one location and then seeing myself out of the corner of my eye in another location does take just that little bit longer, even worse is if 2 of my group members are on the left side of the middle, myself in the middle and the last 2 group members as the first raid frames on the right side. Customisation again is key I believe

By default, nUI will behave in the normal fashion... left click to target, right click for menu, etc. However, install Clique with nUI and now the frames have full click-casting support such as provided in Healbot with far more flexibility and using nUI's built in unit frames versus healbot's frames.

Eventually I'll add the ability to do what Clique does as a built-in to nUI, as well... but for now Clique solves the problem.
Eventually, one less add-on to install. Does your ambition know no bounds? lol
Fantastic!

BTW, nothing written above should be construed as anythign other than constructive criticism. You have made a truly great addon so far and I hope with the perspecitve of all the classes added into it's development it can rise to even greater functionality and usage.

First page on Curse? Achieved.
Top 5 on Curse? Aiming too Low.
#1 on Curse? Keep going.
Listed on the official worldofwarcraft front page as "Makes the game better"? Why Not ......

02-23-09, 10:13 PM   #2855
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Originally Posted by Jaush View Post
[*[*[ Little update. Turns out that whenever I had my tool-tips set to "mouse" they just wouldn't show up. I tried all the other settings and they worked just fine though! ]*]*]
OKay... this might be a bug in the mouseover logic for tooltips or could even be related to mouseover tooltips in combat. I'll look into it when I get a chance, but keep it in mind in case I forget as my bug list is kinda split up at the moment.

02-23-09, 10:17 PM   #2856
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Originally Posted by Sloth View Post
The height of the name in the buffbar dont get resetted, when the target (or the pet) doesn't have any buffs.

I attached 2 pics where you see what i mean.
I have seen this as well... also on the bug list.

02-23-09, 10:23 PM   #2857
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Originally Posted by bakes82 View Post
The nUI unit frames should display any spell you have on any player in your raid. I am, however, concerned that they are almost certainly too small to be easily spotted when you're fighting the green bar dragons, so I need to give that some thought. This is an area I do very my need to work on... the main issue, of course, is a matter of real estate.

I like the idea of displaying a number on the unit frame to show how many HoTs are on the player. I guess I would need to compile an internal list of spells which is something I've been avoiding to date aside from the food list for the hunter pet feeder. /sigh -- more for the to-do list I suppose ~smile~

Just want to point out that there's some really positive "moving nUI forward" feedback on the board tonight. I'm really pleased to see this happening and want to encourage more of it.

02-23-09, 10:34 PM   #2858
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Originally Posted by Semhirage View Post
Ok, tried the new 5.0.

O M G

Thanks much for the kind word and I'm really glad you gave the health race bar a chance... once you get your head around that bar, you almost don't need health bars anymore. Now if I could just figure out a slick way to incorporate rage/mana/power into that bar....

This is actually already built into nUI, just not enabled yet... it's in the nUI_UnitsFeedback.lua module. I am hoping to finish it and have it functional for this weekend's update.

For the benefit of those reading over our shoulders, this module is very powerful and is actually the engine that drives the damage and heal indicators in the battleground map. It has three parts...

1) a hit/heal indicator which uses the borders of a unit frame to show who is taking damage and what type of damage (physical=red, magic=blue, etc.) using flashes on hit and fade out.. so it actually shows all damage across the entire raid so you can quickly spot who is getting hit with what.

2) A disease/curse/poison/magic background coloring which alters the entire unit frame background color to blue, green, etc. which the player has a debuff on them indicating the class of the debuff. This color stays on the background until the aura expires or is cleansed.

3) Text feedback giving hit values, etc. This is not implemented in any of nUI's unit frames, as I find it personally annoying. But it will be available as an option in unit frames to show the damage a player is doing and taking and can, for example, be used as an overlay on the portrait.

These three things are all present in the module, just not 100% complete and not tested. As I said, with luck they'll all be part of the 5.0 unit frames with this weekend's update.

As the above points out, this is actually already coded, just not enabled. The trick I need to figure out is how to order them in priority if, for example, the player has both a magic and a disease on them and that sort of thing. For now it's kind of whichever one I see first in the aura list and that's not the most optimal way to do it.

Thats great news and thank you very much.

02-23-09, 10:36 PM   #2859
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Originally Posted by Marthisdil View Post
Scott,
With 5.0 Alpha, I'm getting a bunch of flickering on the screen. Doesn't always happen, and I haven't found a way to MAKE it happen. But it happens.

M
Marthisdil --

Can you tell me more? Flickering? Screen Tearing? Or more like staggering where the screen freezes for a split second? All over the screen, or only in specific areas?

02-23-09, 10:37 PM   #2860
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Originally Posted by Jungleanimal View Post
WTB Proximo plugin. Literally I will pay for it. Nothing huge, just $30 for the plugin. plz?

Jungle
I'd like to see this as well until I can add arena support to nUI's unit frames. For now I'm a bit swamped to take that on though -- maybe Kodewulf or one of nUI's other modders could take it on?

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » nUI -- A full feature standalone UI replacement