10-19-08, 01:31 PM   #1201
Sloth
An Aku'mai Servant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Btw, would it be possible to add a button for the new blizz calendar?

10-19-08, 01:32 PM   #1202
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Originally Posted by Jungleanimal View Post
I have it installed and have no problems in terms of errors. My one and only question is: How can I turn off the nUI health race bar? I haven't been able to find a toggle switch. Even if I have to edit a .lua, that will be fine...can someone point me to the right place? Thanks in advance.

Jungle
/nui hud healthrace

That should do the trick

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

10-19-08, 01:32 PM   #1203
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Originally Posted by Sloth View Post
Btw, would it be possible to add a button for the new blizz calendar?
It's already there -- look in your button bag (on the bag bar)

10-19-08, 01:33 PM   #1204
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Originally Posted by jpg71 View Post
I think the variable 'index' is out of place here. Looks like Spiel is using 'i' as his index variable instead.

Try editing nUI/Units/nUI_UnitAura.lua and replace line 1103:

Old code:
Code:
CancelUnitBuff( unit_id, index );
New code:
Code:
CancelUnitBuff( unit_id, i );
Actually, the correct fix is to use buff.id or debuff.id as the case may be... however, this bug has already been fixed and will be in the alpha release I e-mail out tonight.

10-19-08, 01:48 PM   #1205
mscott998
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
Well... I can tell you that I am dropping (integrated) support of MobInfo and Threat-2.0 and adding integration of Omen3. I will also be replacing my own threat bar with one that's based on the new Bliz threat API as it will be WAY more accurate and reliable than threat 2.0 and unrelated to whether or not other party members have it installed. MobInfo (and MobHealth) are no longer needed as well since Bliz now provides accurate health info.

So... a new threat bar is coming for the HUD, Omen3 will be ready tonight I hope. I'll wait to see your screencap before I comment on the casting bar.

Here is my screen cap, you will see i input the Icehud for the purpose of showing you how well i looked, i also disabled the tooltip and loaded Cowtip which is another addon i fell in love with for the customization of the tool tip.

And you will see the minimap removed from the info panel and set in the upper rt hand with Simple Minimap Mod, which works perfectly with quest helper and Cryptographer.

Just to note, im still testing this with out these changes so that the bug report is accurate, Thanks for the help and work you are doing. it is much appreciated.

I urge everyone to drop Spiel a donation, Time is money and i know he put in alot of time and is well deserving.

Here is the screencap
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ICEHID.JPG
Views:	723
Size:	214.5 KB
ID:	1990  Click image for larger version

Name:	ICEHIDcombo.JPG
Views:	663
Size:	218.8 KB
ID:	1991  

Last edited by mscott998 : 10-19-08 at 02:19 PM.

10-19-08, 02:30 PM   #1206
Tehryn
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

Originally Posted by iljott View Post
You beat me to it again Mscott!

I can confirm that Fubar 3.5 is the culprit. It's the actual Fubar itself which is causing the problem, not the plugins.
You BOTH beat me to it, damn .

But... I still have Fubar 3.0 installed and the Blizz actionbar popped up on zoning. So I'm not sure if Fubar 3.5v3.5.3 will fix that particular problem. Back to the testing ground...

"Slight variations in spelling and grammar may have been added in order to enhance this post's individual character and beauty, and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects"
[0x81BEB11E]

10-19-08, 02:41 PM   #1207
mscott998
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Originally Posted by Tehryn View Post
You BOTH beat me to it, damn .

But... I still have Fubar 3.0 installed and the Blizz actionbar popped up on zoning. So I'm not sure if Fubar 3.5v3.5.3 will fix that particular problem. Back to the testing ground...
i have tried it with the latest build, 3.5.3 and it still is broken

10-19-08, 02:42 PM   #1208
Shammah
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
My mom forwarded this email to me. I thought, yeah that is a great idea, but it will never happen. Then I looked at it again. There is a rather severe math error in that email.
85,000,000,000 /
200,000,000 =

not

On another note:
I was going to post about the error with the Blizz action bars showing up. I hadn't had a chance to test how to repeat it yet though. Good to see that someone else already found the most likely cause.

Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
... but I had to share this e-mail I received if only because it would be such a nice dream. Too bad it would never happen. /sigh

--------------------------------------------------------

The Birk Economic Recovery PlanHi Pals,

I'm against the $85,000,000,000.00 bailout of AIG.

Instead, I'm in favor of giving $85,000,000,000 to America
in a 'We Deserve It Dividend'.

To make the math simple, let's assume there are 200,000,000 bon-a-fide U.S. Citizens 18+.

Our population is about 301,000,000 +/- counting every man, woman and child. So 200,000,000 might be a fair stab at adults 18 and up..

So divide 200 million adults 18+ into $85 billon that equals $425,000.00.

My plan is to give $425,000 to every person 18+ as a 'We Deserve It Dividend'.

Of course, it would NOT be tax free. So let's assume a tax rate of 30%.

Every individual 18+ has to pay $127,500.00 in taxes. That sends $25,500,000,000 right back to Uncle Sam.

But it means that every adult 18+ has $297,500.00 in their pocket. A husband and wife has $595,000.00.

What would you do with $297,500.00 to $595,000.00 in your family?
Pay off your mortgage - housing crisis solved.
Repay college loans - what a great boost to new grads
Put away money for college - it'll be there
Save in a bank - create money to loan to entrepreneurs.
Buy a new car - create jobs
Invest in the market - capital drives growth
Pay for your parent's medical insurance - health care improves
Enable Deadbeat Dads to come clean - or else

Remember this is for every adult U S Citizen 18+ including the folks who lost their jobs at Lehman Brothers and every other company that is cutting back. And of course, for those serving in our Armed Forces.

If we're going to re-distribute wealth let's really do it...instead of trickling out a puny $1000.00 ( "vote buy" ) economic incentive that is being proposed by one of our candidates for President.

If we're going to do an $85 billion bailout, let's bail out every adult U S Citizen 18+!

As for AIG - liquidate it.
Sell off its parts.
Let American General go back to being American General.
Sell off the real estate.
Let the private sector bargain hunters cut it up and clean it up.

Here's my rationale. We deserve it and AIG doesn't.

Sure it's a crazy idea that can "never work."

But can you imagine the Coast-To-Coast Block Party!

How do you spell Economic Boom?

I trust my fellow adult Americans to know how to use the $85 Billion 'We Deserve It Dividend' more than I do the geniuses at AIG or in Washington DC

And remember, The Birk plan only really costs $59.5 Billion because $25.5 Billion is returned instantly in taxes to Uncle Sam.

Ahhh...I feel so much better getting that off my chest.

Kindest personal regards,
Birk

10-19-08, 03:36 PM   #1209
Tehryn

Originally Posted by mscott998 View Post
i have tried it with the latest build, 3.5.3 and it still is broken
Confirmed.

"Slight variations in spelling and grammar may have been added in order to enhance this post's individual character and beauty, and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects"
[0x81BEB11E]

10-19-08, 04:00 PM   #1210
Martinus
An Aku'mai Servant
Sorry if this has been brough out earlier.

There is a problem with the Metamorphosis talent (Warlock). The only way I can use it is when I have no pet or when I use a mount. Seem it use the same bar as the pet.

Can Metamorphosis be taken somewhere else?

Mart!

10-19-08, 04:44 PM   #1211
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Exclamation nUI Beta 3 -- Alpha 3.00.01 closed test release has just been e-mailed...

As promised, the first update to the close test of nUI Beta 3 has just been e-mailed to all nUI supporters and language translators. This release fixes most, if not all, of the errors that have been brought to my attention in the last 24 hours.

As with yesterday's release... this is a WoW 3.0.2 compatible early alpha pre-rerelease version of nUI and is *not* yet availble for public download. This version is available only via direct e-mail to the nUI's supporters.

There are (in my opinion) three key problems outstanding which are not addressed in this update... Integrating Omen3, getting the spell cooldowns back into the HUD display and, to a lesser degree, sorting out the issue with the warlock Metamorphasis spell.

I expect to do another closed test period update tomorrow night to nUI's supporters to address the issue with Omen3 and the in-HUD cooldowns. I don't yet know how complicated the lock spell problem is, so no promises on when that fix will be available.

In any event, I've spent the entire weekend in the code, so I'm going to pretty much take the night off and watch a movie or two before crashing for work tomorrow. I'll check the message board and e-mail a couple of times to makes sure there's no critical issues though.

As always... thank you to all of nUI's supporters both for the contribution to nUI and for the time and effort they put into helping me test and imrprove this mod. You all mean much to me.

How you can help support nUI's continued development: I am currently trying to recover from 14 months of unemployment and with with over $20,000 in debt (unpaid mortgage payments, loans, etc.), every penny makes a serious difference. Your contribution of $5, $10, $20 or more to support the ongoing development of nUI would be greatly appreciated. Click here to make a donation now, please?! Lastly, please vote for nUI and add it to your favorites list... it helps nUI get more exposure. Thanks for your support!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Known Issues:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* Omen3 is not yet integrated into the info panel

* Warlock metamorphasis spell conflicts with current pet bar

* Click-casting buttons 4 and 5 do not work on unit frames (possibly fixed now?)

* Player cooldowns are not showing in the HUD

* Ready check icons are not working in unit frames

* Enabling the "Use UI Scale" option in the Bliz video configuration menu blows up
nUI's layout and scaling. For now... just uncheck this option until I can fix it.

* Some action buttons highlight as invalid/unavailable when they shouldn't... hunter's
feed pet button, rogue's distract, etc.

* Carbonite is having issues updating the directional arrow when the minimap and/or
battlefield minimap is hidden in the info panel

* Poison Pouch mod minimap button is missed by button bag

* Alpha Map minimap button is not scaling correctly in button bag

* Titan panel mouseover tooltips are not compatible with nUI's fixed position
tooltip option

To-Do List / Planned features

* Move the default location of the party loot popup... it inteferes with the dashboard

* Add WotLK features (vehicle panels, etc.) prior to 11/13/08 release of WotLK

* The 15, 20, 25 and 40 man raid panels are not in the pre-release... both because I am
not quite satisfied with them and, again, I'm trying to not have to fix everything at
once... make sure the core stuff is all working, then add the bells and whistles if
you understand.

* Add Threat Bar back

* Add sorting of raid unit frames by raid group and class

* Add font size options for Chat and Combat log frames

* Add totem timers

* Add keybindings for button bag, unit panel, info panel and hud layout buttons

* Add bongos style keybinding feature to action buttons

* Add automatic unit panel switching for raids/parties, etc. (and an override option)

* Add audio cues for cooldowns, cc breaks, etc.

* Add DruidManaBar type functionality to unit frames

* Add 2v2, 3v3 and 5v5 unit frame panels for arena play

* Add Proximo functionality to unit frames for arena unit panels

* Add durability, wardrobe manager, ammo tracker and gold tracker to console buttons

* Add autobar style support for quest items, food/drink/pots, mounts, vanity pets

* Add option to set location precision to zero decimal places on coordinate display

* Add target marking tool a la LuckyCharms

* Add a swing timer

Version 3.00.01 (Alpha)

* Disabled Omen2 info panel integration as it conflicts with Omen3

* Fixed the battlefield minimap icon damage/group number indicators to address api change

* Took a swipe at fixing the mouse button 4 and 5 issue with click-casting on unit
frames... this may or may not be fixed... need Clique users to test this for me

* Removed target pet, ToT pet and focus pet buttons... Bliz disabled tracking these
pets in unit frames in the new patch /sigh

* Swapped location of the XP/Rep bars and the bottom action bars and panel buttons to
compensate for the invisible bottom bar Titan panel is creating that blocks clicking
on those action buttons and panel selectors

* Changed micro-menu bar strata to compensate for the AchievementFrame overlapping it

* Fixed display of player (de)buffs on the target in the HUD frames

* Added the new AchievementFrame to the list of movable Bliz UI frames

* Added the new FocusFrame to the list of managed Bliz unit frames

* Fixed a bug in unit (de)buffs that prevented right-click cancelling of active auras

* Fixed a nil value error in the pet happiness code

* Fixed a layering bug in unit frame animated portraits

* Fixed a bag bar initialization error: attempt to index global ‘nUI_BagBarOptions’ (A nil value)

Last edited by spiel2001 : 10-19-08 at 04:56 PM.

10-19-08, 09:14 PM   #1212
bakes82
A Fallenroot Satyr
With the latest patch there is an error in nUI_Button.lua Everytime I would try to cast something it would show me this error. (I replaced the file w/previous version and it works just fine for me)

Error listed below:
nUI_Button.lua line 677
GetSpellName() Invalid spell slot

10-19-08, 09:19 PM   #1213
Tehryn

Combo Points

I know we've been there before, but playing my rogue I can only see combo points where I showed them in the screenshot I sent some time ago (underneath the player frame). Can't say I noticed them anywhere else but I'll be playing this char a little while longer for further testing.

Edit: Ok, for one split second I saw some combo points roughly where the target's health bar used to be (while it was still alive . Only saw them once so far.

Edit2: must say, you gotta be quick in this game lol! Again just for a moment I saw 4 combo points, under the health/race bar this time.

[0x81BEB11E]

Last edited by Tehryn : 10-20-08 at 05:08 AM. Reason: coz i wanna

10-19-08, 09:34 PM   #1214
sixshooterz
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by Tehryn View Post
I know we've been there before, but playing my rogue I can only see combo points where I showed them in the screenshot I sent some time ago (underneath the player frame). Can't say I noticed them anywhere else but I'll be playing this char a little while longer for further testing.
I believe they show up at the bottom of the HUD, below the health/mana bar.

10-19-08, 09:35 PM   #1215
mscott998
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Date: 2008-10-19 22:28:59
ID: 53
Error occured in: Global
Count: 1
GetSpellName(): Invalid spell slot
Debug:
(tail call): ?
[C]: ?
[C]: GetSpellName()
nUI\Bars\nUI_Button.lua:677: updateCooldown()
nUI\Bars\nUI_Button.lua:408: startCooldown()
nUI\Bars\nUI_Button.lua:199:
nUI\Bars\nUI_Button.lua:191
[C]: CooldownFrame_SetTimer()
..\FrameXML\ActionButton.lua:326: ActionButton_UpdateCooldown()
..\FrameXML\ActionButton.lua:367: ActionButton_OnEvent()
[string "*:OnEvent"]:1:
[string "*:OnEvent"]:1
[C]: UseAction()
..\FrameXML\SecureTemplates.lua:259: SecureActionButton_OnClick()
..\FrameXML\ActionButton.lua:36: ActionButtonUp()
[string "ACTIONBUTTON3"]:4:
[string "ACTIONBUTTON3"]:1

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Here is another bug that is popping up on spell casting.

10-19-08, 10:44 PM   #1216
mscott998
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
I think this is the error causing the Fubar to mess up the bottom bar.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Error occured in: Global
Count: 1
Message: ...erface\AddOns\FuBar\libs\Dewdrop-2.0\Dewdrop-2.0.lua line 242:
attempt to index global 'this' (a nil value)
Debug:
...erface\AddOns\FuBar\libs\Dewdrop-2.0\Dewdrop-2.0.lua:242:
...erface\AddOns\FuBar\libs\Dewdrop-2.0\Dewdrop-2.0.lua:239

----------------------------------------------------------------------

any idea how this might be fixed?

10-19-08, 11:23 PM   #1217
Sodorfo
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
another fubar issue

i also have noticed the blizz bar at bottom when i hearthed but the main issue i have is the moment i turn fubar on, even if it just nUI and fuber the entire dashboard and console of nUI are shifted about a half inch to left (so that part of chat and xome of buttons on bottom are off the screen) when i disable fubar everything shifts back to the normal location. fubar version is 3.5.3 and nUI is 3.0.1 alpha

10-20-08, 12:39 AM   #1218
Tehryn

Originally Posted by Sodorfo View Post
i also have noticed the blizz bar at bottom when i hearthed but the main issue i have is the moment i turn fubar on, even if it just nUI and fuber the entire dashboard and console of nUI are shifted about a half inch to left (so that part of chat and xome of buttons on bottom are off the screen) when i disable fubar everything shifts back to the normal location. fubar version is 3.5.3 and nUI is 3.0.1 alpha
Make sure you have the latest version of Fubar (even if it is a bit buggy lol). If you still have problems see if it helps if you create a new bar, shift the plugins over to that one, then delete the old bar.

[0x81BEB11E]

10-20-08, 12:42 AM   #1219
Brillynt
A Black Drake

When zoning or shapeshifting with the 3.00.01 Blizzard bar 1 is appearing at the bottom of the screen

10-20-08, 08:56 AM   #1220
benabrown
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by bakes82 View Post
With the latest patch there is an error in nUI_Button.lua Everytime I would try to cast something it would show me this error. (I replaced the file w/previous version and it works just fine for me)

Error listed below:
nUI_Button.lua line 677
GetSpellName() Invalid spell slot
Doing the same for me.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » nUI -- A full feature standalone UI replacement