08-16-06, 10:48 AM   #1
mindtrix
A Murloc Raider
Looking for a Random Phrase mod.

Since macro's are limited to 225 chars I was wondering if a mod existed, or could be made easily to allow for a number of phases to be used when casting a spell.

Basically i want his for a rezzer class like Priests, Druids, and Pally's but that could be customized to other spells as well.

What I am looking for is a mod that you can insert RANDOM custom phrases when you cast a spell. And that will automatically say the phrase in Raid/Party or in SAY if you are in solo mode.

Basically I'm looking for something similar to what ClickHeal uses for its Rez, but I would like Multiple phrases. Also I noticed that ClickHeal seems to hook into the spell as it is being cast (thus negating the need for a macro) which is somehting I am looking for. I mean i COULD tinker around with ClickHeal and try to get it to do random emotes but I would like to use this mod with my Mage while using Arcane Intellect/Brilliance.

Can I get some help here?
08-16-06, 11:31 AM   #2
Pureblade
A Murloc Raider

So, you want to be able to emote/say a random phrase when you do an action?

I think BattleCry would work well with that. I've never used it, but it sounds like what you need.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...BattleCry.html
08-16-06, 11:47 AM   #3
Pester
A Cyclonian
Roleplaying Helper might do what you want.. it has adjustable chances and what not..
08-16-06, 03:55 PM   #4
mindtrix
A Murloc Raider
Thanks a bunch!! I think Battlecry is exactly what I want.. but I'm gunna try both suggestions just to see which I like best. THank you both for the input.
08-17-06, 04:07 AM   #5
mindtrix
A Murloc Raider
Battlecry seems close to what I need, however for some reason it will only play ONE emote.. ever. Even if I make multiple "battle cries" for some reason it only plays the one.. over and over. I'll keep trying and messing with it though.
08-19-06, 11:43 PM   #6
mindtrix
A Murloc Raider
*Bump*

RPHelper wasn't very helpful, and Battlecry is still a bit buggy, as when casting a rez spell after the target has released, you can no longer use the $nm vairable to get the targets name. (Since you can't technically target released characters) I've requested that he make a variable to work along the lines of SpellTargetUnit() to aquire the spell target's name. Other than that I thing Battlecry is exactly what I am looking for.
08-21-06, 03:16 PM   #7
SkunkWerks
A Fallenroot Satyr

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
RoleplayingHelper is more complex, it does more things and thus has a bit of a sharper learning curve to use.

But if you can cope with that, there's pretty much nothing it can't do.

Also, if the oly place you looked for RPH is Curse Gaming, you might want to take a look at

http://ui.worldofwar.net/ui.php?id=2914

For what appears to be the most current incarnation.

However if you want something simpler, I think Battlecry would be the way to go.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Looking for a Random Phrase mod.