AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Next Expansion : Dragonflight

Cinematic - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZtedjN1JXY

Info and Beta Sign Up - https://dragonflight.blizzard.com/en-us/
04-19-22, 05:08 PM   #2
LudiusMaximus
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

I'm genuinely excited about this next chapter of WoW!

What do you think will be the implications of the UI overhaul for addon developers?

Will all the old UI textures still be available?
Will an old, say, ButtonFrameTemplate be easily transferrable to its new counterpart?
etc.
04-19-22, 06:27 PM   #3
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
That is a good question. I've already mentioned on my portal news page that I may stop some addons or have to be totally rewritten depending on how the new UI changes work.

But so far apart from 'overhaul' ( new API ? ) and more customization out of the box its hard to say.

A new API and more customization could mean people might be able to hook into the customization parts of wow and concentrate on the unique elements of the addon.

And art work wise. It sounded like they mentioned old artwork being liked so maybe they will be adding to them or refining them rather than replacing them.
06-13-22, 04:13 AM   #4
Nevermind1
A Kobold Labourer
Actually really looking forward to this. Always dug dragons and just the concept in general. Hopefully, it all plays out right
.I will play right after I finished the project for lab report writing service

Last edited by Nevermind1 : 06-30-22 at 09:35 AM.
09-07-22, 10:07 PM   #5
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Dragonflight Pre Patch on PTR

For those who haven't been lucky enough to get onto the alpha or beta before now.

I just quickly checked nUI out to see which immediately kicked off .. these errors jumped out immediately

Lua Code:
  1. attempt to index field 'MainMenuBarArtFrame' (a nil value)

Lua Code:
  1. attempt to index field 'castable' (a nil value)
  2. In regards to code:
  3. button.layers.castable  = _G[btn_name.."AutoCastable"]
  4. local btn_name          = button:GetName()
  5. local button            = CreateFrame( "CheckButton", "$parent_Button"..i, frame, "PetActionButtonTemplate" )
  6. local frame      = CreateFrame( "Frame", "nUI_PetBar", nUI_Dashboard.Anchor, "SecureFrameTemplate" )

Lua Code:
  1. attempt to index global 'ActionBarUpButton' (a nil value)

Lua Code:
  1. bad argument #2 to '?' (Usage: self:SetParent([parent]))
  2. In regards to code:
  3. TotemFrame:SetParent("UIParent")

Lua Code:
  1. Usage: self:SetClampedToScreen(clampedToScreen)
  2. In regards to code:
  3. COMBAT_LOG:SetClampedToScreen( nil )

Lua Code:
  1. attempt to index global 'MinimapBorder' (a nil value)
  2. In regards to code:
  3. MinimapBorder:SetParent( nUI.BlizUI );

Lua Code:
  1. TutorialFrameAlertButton:SetPoint(): Couldn't find region named 'ActionBarDownButton'

Lua Code:
  1. attempt to index field 'options' (a nil value)
  2. In regards to code:
  3. tracker.options.width = skin.options.barWidth
  4. --- Sounds like a saved variables issue rather than a code issue.

Lua Code:
  1. Unrecognized XML attribute: frameLevel
09-07-22, 10:40 PM   #6
Fizzlemizz
I did that?

Premium Member
Several seem to be in because of the new UI changing the names of things, or disappearing them altogether for the new flashy look.

SetParent(UIParent) -- no quotes the API is getting even more strict

The XML attributes seem to have been hot fixed in the last couple of hours.
Edit: I think it maybe some other restriction/change is causing it but XML attribute error.

Last edited by Fizzlemizz : 09-08-22 at 12:08 AM.
09-08-22, 03:01 AM   #7
Voxxel
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Do you guys know any place / topic / github repo where someone is voluntarily fixing and sharing a basic addon pack for DF beta so far? Similar to what Icyblade (and some others) did in early betas of Legion/BfA.
09-08-22, 05:03 AM   #8
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
I don't know if this is along the lines you were figuring but I noticed this was updated the other day
https://github.com/Gethe/wow-ui-source/tree/beta to include Dragonflight data.
09-08-22, 05:05 AM   #9
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Fizzlemizz View Post
Several seem to be in because of the new UI changing the names of things, or disappearing them altogether for the new flashy look.

SetParent(UIParent) -- no quotes the API is getting even more strict

The XML attributes seem to have been hot fixed in the last couple of hours.
Edit: I think it maybe some other restriction/change is causing it but XML attribute error.
Yeah, I was suspecting there would be quite a few errors. But hopefully not as many as there were going from Legion to BfA or BfA to Shadowlands.

Ninimap clearly has had more changes - the minimap buttons have slightly different names or are . children rather than name tagged on.

Last edited by Xrystal : 09-08-22 at 07:29 AM.
09-08-22, 08:05 AM   #10
Voxxel
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
I don't know if this is along the lines you were figuring but I noticed this was updated the other day
https://github.com/Gethe/wow-ui-source/tree/beta to include Dragonflight data.
I mean someone who privately shares actual addons such as Bartender, Details or other common stuff - hotfixed for DF Beta to make them at least semi-usable even with bugs. Most of them don't even start due the 10.0. UI revamp.
09-08-22, 08:51 AM   #11
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Voxxel View Post
I mean someone who privately shares actual addons such as Bartender, Details or other common stuff - hotfixed for DF Beta to make them at least semi-usable even with bugs. Most of them don't even start due the 10.0. UI revamp.
Well, if they hadn't ever got into the alpha and beta, they wouldn't have had access to see what needs to get changed in their addons with any sort of confidence. The PTR was only updated with the pre-patch yesterday. With big addons like those affected severely by the changes made, give them some time to decide if it is worth continuing because of the UI changes and then time to make the necessary changes if they decide it is. The more the UI changes affects the addon the longer it may take to fix and test and rinse and repeat.
09-08-22, 12:21 PM   #12
Voxxel
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
Well, if they hadn't ever got into the alpha and beta, they wouldn't have had access to see what needs to get changed in their addons with any sort of confidence. The PTR was only updated with the pre-patch yesterday. With big addons like those affected severely by the changes made, give them some time to decide if it is worth continuing because of the UI changes and then time to make the necessary changes if they decide it is. The more the UI changes affects the addon the longer it may take to fix and test and rinse and repeat.
Yes, I'm totally aware of this, with due respect I wasn't talking about the mod authors I just wondered if you know about any volunteers this time who do quick-fixes for popular addons and share it to the community even before the respective owners/authors jump on the train.
09-08-22, 12:54 PM   #13
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Ah gotcha. No, I wouldn't have a clue sorry. I'm not at the stage myself to need a working recount/decurse etc on the PTR to look into that and they are the only addons I use that I haven't written / worked on myself :chuckle: All you can really do is look to see which ones have been updated to 10.0

But a quick search and there are no uploads ( even as a temporary fix ) on this site for 10.0 version of wow. And only 1 addon on curse.

Knowing our luck none of the addon writers or wannabe addon writers got access before today .. so hopefully we will start to hear.

Last edited by Xrystal : 09-08-22 at 12:56 PM.
09-08-22, 01:27 PM   #14
Voxxel
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Yea, thanks for looking around! I'm just keep asking around on various platforms so maybe I get a clue even if it is still very early indeed.
09-09-22, 04:25 PM   #15
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Hmm, it's probably due to how nUI was initially written ( and beyond my skills to understand where the problem is ) but ...

EditMode start and finish announces an error when I have nUI active but not when I have my minimal test actionbar addon active.

Hopefully other UI replacement addons ( especially older ones ) won't have the same problem but here is the error message I received.

Lua Code:
  1. 2x [ADDON_ACTION_FORBIDDEN] AddOn 'nUI' tried to call the protected function 'TargetUnit()'.
  2. [string "@Interface/AddOns/!BugGrabber/BugGrabber.lua"]:519: in function <Interface/AddOns/!BugGrabber/BugGrabber.lua:519>
  3. [string "=[C]"]: in function `TargetUnit'
  4. [string "@Interface/FrameXML/EditModeManager.lua"]:1414: in function `RefreshTargetAndFocus'
  5. [string "@Interface/FrameXML/EditModeManager.lua"]:1354: in function `OnEditModeEnter'
  6. [string "@Interface/FrameXML/EditModeManager.lua"]:162: in function `EnterEditMode'
  7. [string "@Interface/FrameXML/EditModeManager.lua"]:183: in function <Interface/FrameXML/EditModeManager.lua:181>
  8. [string "=[C]"]: in function `Show'
  9. [string "@Interface/FrameXML/UIParent.lua"]:2871: in function `SetUIPanel'
  10. [string "@Interface/FrameXML/UIParent.lua"]:2677: in function `ShowUIPanel'
  11. [string "@Interface/FrameXML/UIParent.lua"]:2581: in function <Interface/FrameXML/UIParent.lua:2577>
  12. [string "=[C]"]: in function `SetAttribute'
  13. [string "@Interface/FrameXML/UIParent.lua"]:3174: in function `ShowUIPanel'
  14. [string "*:OnClick"]:2: in function <[string "*:OnClick"]:1>

WoWInterface » General Discussion » General WoW Chat » Next Expansion : Dragonflight