05-26-22, 08:46 PM   #1
morpheusxeno
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Message on guild join

Looking for something super simple. Unable to find anything that performs the simplest function.

Guild welcome messages a in guild chat when they join the guild.

I am looking for something that directly messages the player when they join the guild.
05-30-22, 10:02 AM   #2
morpheusxeno
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Wow this is definitely not the website I remember.
05-30-22, 03:09 PM   #3
Kanegasi
A Molten Giant

There's always someone watching. Reading. Wanting to help.

Me personally, I don't assist with anything I would find annoying. Auto whispers are annoying. You're right, this kind of thing is really easy. You could learn yourself.

I wouldn't have replied if it weren't for your last reply.
05-31-22, 09:38 AM   #4
morpheusxeno
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

I think blasting guild message chat when some one joins is annoying. I think a direct message to a new guild member when they join to provide them information that will help them in the guild is rather important.
06-17-22, 10:10 PM   #5
morpheusxeno
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Still looking for some one that may be willing to help with this.
06-18-22, 03:10 AM   #6
Mimma
A Murloc Raider
I can just repeat what the above has already told you: it sounds like a terrible idea.

In best case the newcomer does not see the message since he/she is often welcome'd by already existing members (in the good old fashioned way: "/g Welcome").

In worst case you use the "welcome addon" to present the user with useful info, like discord server or link to loot rules (whatever). Again ... chances are the newcomer won't see it. And what do you do when you are not online to show them the "guild rules links"?

Just make it simple: write the information you want people to see in the Guild Info. Some things does not need automation.
06-20-22, 06:05 AM   #7
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
This addon might not do what you want .. but has some elements that may help you extract the code to help you do what you want..

https://www.wowinterface.com/downloa...lversions.html

And this one might even have what you want amongst its bells and whistles .. albeit a guild welcome message rather than a whisper.

https://www.wowinterface.com/downloa...toGratzer.html

Last edited by Xrystal : 06-20-22 at 06:11 AM.
06-21-22, 12:58 AM   #8
morpheusxeno
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

The purpose of this is not to spam a user with crappy welcome message.

I'm using it to prevent spam since no one is allowed to use guild chat on the lowest rank.
06-21-22, 12:59 AM   #9
morpheusxeno
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
This addon might not do what you want .. but has some elements that may help you extract the code to help you do what you want..

https://www.wowinterface.com/downloa...lversions.html

And this one might even have what you want amongst its bells and whistles .. albeit a guild welcome message rather than a whisper.

https://www.wowinterface.com/downloa...toGratzer.html
Honestly wish the guild welcome addon just allowed direct message on player join.
06-21-22, 01:57 PM   #10
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Originally Posted by morpheusxeno View Post
Honestly wish the guild welcome addon just allowed direct message on player join.
Have a look at it, and see if you can identify the part of the code that does the guild welcome message and then look at this page

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/API_SendChatMessage

to see how you could make it work for whispers.

That said, one thing that occurred to me .. have you considered several people in the guild with the same addon then sends the person a bunch of whispers. Some may feel that is just as spammy as sending it in guild chat. So, you may want to restrict it to say guild masters and officers only for example to limit the automated spam ( that suggested addon may have similar tests to give you an idea of how to validate that way if you chose to). Of course it doesn't stop people manually welcoming then if its an over friendly guild.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Message on guild join