10-07-10, 11:14 PM   #281
Muaziz
A Murloc Raider
Several bugs

I have noticed several (minor) bugs over the past couple of days.

1) When I was originally setting up my Macaroon bar to map to action ids, sometimes when I would select a different button, it would instantly change its current action id value even though I had not changed it. I also had it so that the previously selected one would change when I selected a different button. This behavior seemed a little intermittent and was eventually able to get it how I wanted.

2) I have my main Macaroon bar set to map to the Blizzard default action ids. It's a 2x12 bar where the bottom row maps to action ids 1-12, and the top row maps to ids 61-72. This corresponds to the 2 Blizzard action bars on the bottom left. My Macaroon bar is not set for dual spec. However, before using Macaroon, I did configure those 2 default bars for both of my specs, then mapped them 1-for-1 into my Macaroon bar. When I switch specs, most of my Macaroon buttons show up fine with one small exception. If a given slot is "empty" (has no spell associated with it), when I switch specs, it will still be empty even if that spec did have an action id at that location. However, if I start to drag and drop any spell from my spell book onto the bar (as soon as I click to pick it up), all of those "empty" slots now show the correct spells. This seems like a simple refresh problem when switching specs. Probably ignoring the empty ones.

3) There are 3 quests in Hyjal ("Mental Training: Speaking Truth to Power", "The Greater of Two Evils" and "Graduation Speech") that cannot be done if you use Macaroon and disable the "Blizzard Main Bar". The reason is that these 3 quests replace the main bar with quest related buttons. And I think because it is replacing the main bar (rather than say, using a vehicle bar), Macaroon doesn't show it and you cannot complete the quest. The simple fix is to temporarily enable the Blizzard main bar. Honestly, I doubt it's worth the effort to fix this.

10-08-10, 06:09 AM   #282
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Muaziz View Post
I have noticed several (minor) bugs over the past couple of days.

1) When I was originally setting up my Macaroon bar to map to action ids, sometimes when I would select a different button, it would instantly change its current action id value even though I had not changed it. I also had it so that the previously selected one would change when I selected a different button. This behavior seemed a little intermittent and was eventually able to get it how I wanted.

2) I have my main Macaroon bar set to map to the Blizzard default action ids. It's a 2x12 bar where the bottom row maps to action ids 1-12, and the top row maps to ids 61-72. This corresponds to the 2 Blizzard action bars on the bottom left. My Macaroon bar is not set for dual spec. However, before using Macaroon, I did configure those 2 default bars for both of my specs, then mapped them 1-for-1 into my Macaroon bar. When I switch specs, most of my Macaroon buttons show up fine with one small exception. If a given slot is "empty" (has no spell associated with it), when I switch specs, it will still be empty even if that spec did have an action id at that location. However, if I start to drag and drop any spell from my spell book onto the bar (as soon as I click to pick it up), all of those "empty" slots now show the correct spells. This seems like a simple refresh problem when switching specs. Probably ignoring the empty ones.

3) There are 3 quests in Hyjal ("Mental Training: Speaking Truth to Power", "The Greater of Two Evils" and "Graduation Speech") that cannot be done if you use Macaroon and disable the "Blizzard Main Bar". The reason is that these 3 quests replace the main bar with quest related buttons. And I think because it is replacing the main bar (rather than say, using a vehicle bar), Macaroon doesn't show it and you cannot complete the quest. The simple fix is to temporarily enable the Blizzard main bar. Honestly, I doubt it's worth the effort to fix this.
I assume you are talking about the Cataclysm version of Macaroon

1) Is fixed for the next version.

2) I will look into that.

3) Those quests require a "possess" bar be made.

Twitter: @IonMaul | Windows Live: [email protected] | Google Talk: [email protected]

10-08-10, 09:41 AM   #283
Kashchej
A Defias Bandit
Stance problems

Hello. First of all, thank you for making such a great mod, and the rest of the forum goers here for being so helpful.

I have been having this problem for awhile with my druid. I have completely uninstalled (settings and all) and then reinstalled to no avail.

I have a bar set up with the options Stance, Control Bar, and Dual Spec checked. I have completely disabled the default blizz bars. If I enter combat in caster form, then shift to cat form, the buttons on my bar change appropriately from the Caster to Cat Form bar, but when I press my keybinds it uses the keybound ability from the Caster bar. Oddly enough, I am able to click the abilities on the bar, it's just the keybinds are still mapped to the other stance.

Am I just missing a setting somewhere?

Edit: I should clarify, this is on live.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by Kashchej : 10-08-10 at 09:44 AM.

10-08-10, 09:51 AM   #284
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

Usually that is an indication that something else is capturing your keybind. Check the default UI keybindings to see if any of them match what you are clicking. Generally, Macaroon keybinds override the default ones, but there are some situations that get kinda involved in explaining that can cause a keybind to fail. But the solution is simple. If you are pressing Alt-1 and it is not working, check the defualt UI for anything bound to Alt-1.

Twitter: @IonMaul | Windows Live: [email protected] | Google Talk: [email protected]

10-08-10, 10:05 AM   #285
Kashchej
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Maul View Post
Usually that is an indication that something else is capturing your keybind. Check the default UI keybindings to see if any of them match what you are clicking. Generally, Macaroon keybinds override the default ones, but there are some situations that get kinda involved in explaining that can cause a keybind to fail. But the solution is simple. If you are pressing Alt-1 and it is not working, check the defualt UI for anything bound to Alt-1.
Thanks for you quick reply.

It is indeed another addon interfering, sorry about the wild goose chase

Coke incoming.

Last edited by Kashchej : 10-08-10 at 10:17 AM.

10-08-10, 10:48 AM   #286
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

Woot! Glad you got it figured out And always appreciated

10-08-10, 11:21 AM   #287
Kashchej
A Defias Bandit
Woot! Glad you got it figured out And always appreciated
Just in case anyone else runs into this. The conflict was with Speedy Actions, a keypress addon (similar to Snowfall Keypress). Go figure!?!?

Cheers

10-12-10, 11:15 PM   #288
Keeneye
A Defias Bandit
I'm getting the following error when I try to scribe a new glyph to my prime glyph slot:

1x <event>ADDON_ACTION_BLOCKED:AddOn 'MacaroonXtras' tried to call the protected function 'CastGlyph()'.
<in C code>: in function `CastGlyph'
Blizzard_GlyphUI-1.0\Blizzard_GlyphUI.lua:585: in function `GlyphFrameSpell_OnClick'
<string>:"*:OnClick":1: in function <[string "*:OnClick"]:1>

---

10-12-10, 11:43 PM   #289
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

Originally Posted by Keeneye View Post
I'm getting the following error when I try to scribe a new glyph to my prime glyph slot:

1x <event>ADDON_ACTION_BLOCKED:AddOn 'MacaroonXtras' tried to call the protected function 'CastGlyph()'.
<in C code>: in function `CastGlyph'
Blizzard_GlyphUI-1.0\Blizzard_GlyphUI.lua:585: in function `GlyphFrameSpell_OnClick'
<string>:"*:OnClick":1: in function <[string "*:OnClick"]:1>

---
I had another report on this and I am looking into it. For now, you can just disable Macaroon: Xtras while scribing glyphs. I hope to have an updated version posted by tomorrow.

10-13-10, 12:00 AM   #290
Keeneye
A Defias Bandit
I had another report on this and I am looking into it. For now, you can just disable Macaroon: Xtras while scribing glyphs. I hope to have an updated version posted by tomorrow.
Cool deal. I did just as you recommended but thought I would pass it along FYI. Thanks!

10-13-10, 05:43 AM   #291
notarichman
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Prolly missing something simple, but there are no bag bars and no character bars (the bar with character sheet, talents, quests, etc.)? These were default bars before, but can't find them now? Thanks and thanks for updating 4.0 : )

10-13-10, 09:28 AM   #292
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

Originally Posted by notarichman View Post
Prolly missing something simple, but there are no bag bars and no character bars (the bar with character sheet, talents, quests, etc.)? These were default bars before, but can't find them now? Thanks and thanks for updating 4.0 : )
Do you have Macaroon: Xtras installed and enabled?

10-13-10, 11:05 AM   #293
DezSP
A Murloc Raider
I'm having trouble with the new status bars. XP/rep works fine, but cast bars are rather odd. Any cast bar I make works as a self cast bar, but only when I'm not tar targeting something (or with a focus active).

Custom bar states don't seem to work either. After typing in the states and closing the window, or mousovering a bar, it completely forgets the states put in. This doesn't seem to affect custom states that I had saved from v3, just new ones I've made (or tried to).

10-13-10, 11:20 AM   #294
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

Originally Posted by DezSP View Post
I'm having trouble with the new status bars. XP/rep works fine, but cast bars are rather odd. Any cast bar I make works as a self cast bar, but only when I'm not tar targeting something (or with a focus active).

Custom bar states don't seem to work either. After typing in the states and closing the window, or mousovering a bar, it completely forgets the states put in. This doesn't seem to affect custom states that I had saved from v3, just new ones I've made (or tried to).
The first issue is two things 1) A bug, which I have fixed for the next version which should be posted today 2) I did not get a chance to get the option in to edit the unit for casts bars. Lots on the plate to do

As for custom states, you need to explicitly hit TAB or ESC to save the settings. I was having issues with the new GUI and saving the custom states and macros on those editboxes merely losing focus.

10-13-10, 11:28 AM   #295
Stormrage
Premium Member

I miss the alpha cooldown and also having the number cooldown, am I missing a setting or are they gone for the time being?

10-13-10, 11:29 AM   #296
DezSP
A Murloc Raider
The first issue is two things 1) A bug, which I have fixed for the next version which should be posted today 2) I did not get a chance to get the option in to edit the unit for casts bars. Lots on the plate to do

As for custom states, you need to explicitly hit TAB or ESC to save the settings. I was having issues with the new GUI and saving the custom states and macros on those editboxes merely losing focus.
Okay, good to know. Another thing I noticed was that if you only have one custom state, Macaroon no longer switches between that state and Normal, but adding a [] state seems to fix that, so it's no major issue.

Also, what are Mirror bars for? They don't seem to do anything that I can tell...

10-13-10, 12:11 PM   #297
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

Originally Posted by Stormrage View Post
I miss the alpha cooldown and also having the number cooldown, am I missing a setting or are they gone for the time being?
Button Editor -> Click "General" Tab at the top -> Enable options

10-13-10, 12:18 PM   #298
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

Originally Posted by DezSP View Post
Okay, good to know. Another thing I noticed was that if you only have one custom state, Macaroon no longer switches between that state and Normal, but adding a [] state seems to fix that, so it's no major issue.
This was actually kinda a bug. You need to define a normal state for it to exist. What was happening before is that a normal state was assumed to exist but did not always and caused issues.

If you created a state -

[mod:alt]

One might assume your normal state was [nomod:alt] or just [nomod]. But that may not always be the case of what you want. The "Normal" state has always just been the first state in a series of conditionals. Previous versions of Macaroon did not treat it as such and in certain conditions bad things happened.

Also, what are Mirror bars for? They don't seem to do anything that I can tell...
Breath bar, fatigue bar, feign death bar and whatever else Blizzard deems is a mirror bar

10-13-10, 12:34 PM   #299
Muaziz
A Murloc Raider
Are you maintaining the Cata version as a separate code-stream that you will re-merge later or should I now assume that the 4.0.1 version is now the main branch? The reason I ask is because the Cata version had some stuff integrated (e.g., XP bars) that the 4.0.1 version still seems to have as part of the "Xtras" package.

Last night while trying to get Macaroon set up in 4.0.1 using my Cata setup as a guide, I was running into problems where selecting a bar did not update the bar details. To reproduce: 1) Left click the Macaroon mini-map icon (to go into Bar Editing mode). 2) Right click Bar 1 (which will bring up the Bar Editor). 3) The details for Bar 1 show up in the Bar Editor; this is correct. 4) Select Bar 2 in the leftmost "Bar" pane. The details are not updated for Bar 2.

10-13-10, 03:26 PM   #300
jayznpeeps
A Defias Bandit
Button Editor -> Click "General" Tab at the top -> Enable options
No longer supporting OmniCC or vice versa?

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Ion Engines, Engage! » Macaroon Official Thread