05-14-09, 09:17 PM   #1
Trapzone
A Kobold Labourer
Thumbs down WTF i paid for the Registared Ver

I paid for the Sub so i could get the registred verision .

Now you give the dam thing away .

Why the puck pay when other dont and get the added stuff .

this sucks you riped me off by doing that and you voided the contract you entered into and this is a Breach of contract and according to ohio law Internet Fraud...
Thank you very much you will not read or reply to my email maybe this might work

05-14-09, 09:31 PM   #2
sabre3901
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Trapzone View Post

this sucks you riped me off by doing that and you voided the contract you entered into and this is a Breach of contract and according to ohio law Internet Fraud...
Thank you very much you will not read or reply to my email maybe this might work
Ok number 1 ...
What rock have you been living under? Blizzard changed the mod policy stopping people from charging for mods. It was not Carbs fault for this policy change but Carb had to drop the fee in order to abide by Blizzards rules.

Number 2...
Ohio Law internet fraud? Did you or did you not receive the item that you paid for? I'm taking it that you did and that you have been using it. Has the mod stopped working since you paid for your subscription? I'm also taking it that it has not stopped working. So there for please tell me how Carbonite has broken any law or committed internet fraud? Please also remember that in order for Carbonite to even work they have to follow Blizzards policy or the mod will be nerfed by Blizzard.

Number 3.
Now after reading all this don't you feel just a tiny bit stupid for your post? If you look at other posts on this forum you will clearly find info on why Carbonite is now free.

Take your anger out on Blizzard as its there crazy policy that has effected Carbonite and a few other mods.

05-14-09, 09:36 PM   #3
Sepioth
A Molten Giant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Life stinks doesn't it?

I had two months left on my sub but that's the way the cookie crumbles so to speak. I dealt with it. Heck I even donated BEFORE my sub was to expire to hopefully entice the Carbonite team to stick around and continue development.

Think of it this way you will never have to pay for it again cause I'm sure with your attitude you would never be a donator.

05-14-09, 11:02 PM   #4
Bluspacecow
Giver of walls of text :)

I'm wondering did you pay for the registered version or did you click on one of the donate buttons on the download page for Carbonite on carboniteaddon.com ?

You now pay the subscription fee to support them. It's like a regular monthly donation you make.

It's been free for at least the last 2 months (after they had to comply with the new addon policy..in fact I believe they did it soon after the policy was announced)

And may I politely ask if you read the terms and conditions or even just the blurb that said what you were paying for ?

That is if it was situplated that you did not have to pay any money at to download it you can't really say they are in breach of contract
tuba_man on Apple test labs : "I imagine a brushed-aluminum room with a floor made of keyboards, each one plugged into a different test box somewhere. Someone is tasked with tossing a box full of cats (all wearing turtlenecks) into this room. If none of the systems catch fire within 30 minutes, testing is complete. Someone else must remove the cats. All have iPods." (http://community.livejournal.com/tec...t/2018070.html)

05-14-09, 11:25 PM   #5
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Could it be a case of another WM user thats been uninformed about developements because they never actually visit the sites the downloads come from?

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn

05-15-09, 12:14 AM   #6
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

A business increasing or decreasing the price of a product or offering it for free or discounts for various reasons in no way voids previous customer agreements. It happens everyday all over the world.

A Carbonite subscription is a license to use the addon for a period of time. That license is still valid for current subscribers and they will continue to get new versions which operate under the license terms.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » WTF i paid for the Registared Ver