02-21-11, 03:39 AM   #1
bobpaulson
A Murloc Raider
Unhappy getting rid of the uggo original map

I like what this addon can do, unfortunately i have it disabled until i can figure out how to eliminate the hand drawn map, I cant figure it out for the life of me, it flickers in and out on top of the nicer more accurate map with no rhyme or reason both in minimap and in fullscreen. can it be disabled? ive always despised that hand drawn map, its clunky and inacurate. but this flickering makes this awesome addon hard to manage :-S

**a few more details**

only happens when im in a city, like orgrimmar, out in the wild its nice and detailed.

Last edited by bobpaulson : 02-21-11 at 04:03 AM. Reason: more details

02-21-11, 04:27 AM   #2
Chmee
A Molten Giant
When I first expand the carbonite map while in Orgrimmar, I see what I believe is the hand drawn map to which you refer, overlaying the larger "3D" terrain map for which carb is justly famous. If I move the mouse so it's on the 3D map, but not on the hand drawn map, the hand drawn map goes away. If I move the cursor back to the middle of the map, the hand drawn thing pops up again. At one point, it started flickering in and out of view. So I suspect your problem may have something to do with cursor placement, or the relative sizes of the expanded carbonite map and this "city" overylay, or the 'zoom' level of the map, or some combination of the three. The only other thing I can tell ya is that the hand drawn overlay is Blizzard's map of the city. I don't think you can disable it.

02-21-11, 01:45 PM   #3
bobpaulson
A Murloc Raider
my friend is the one who pointed me to carbonite, and she doesnt get the hand drawn map at all, so it is possible to eliminate, anyone know how?

02-22-11, 10:06 AM   #4
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by bobpaulson View Post
my friend is the one who pointed me to carbonite, and she doesnt get the hand drawn map at all, so it is possible to eliminate, anyone know how?
I haven't been able to do it (which doesn't mean anything, really) but if your friend has it work that way, set up your Carbonite options the same as hers and it should work the same way for you.

If you can, indeed, get that to work, I've seen a few posts looking to get rid of the "hand drawn" city map overlays lately. If you could post the settings here, that would help immensely. Personally, I don't mind the overlay, but can understand why some people don't care for it.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » getting rid of the uggo original map