02-25-07, 04:41 AM   #1
sna
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
siena's Gem Viewer- shows gems on AH

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...GemViewer.html

siena's Gem Viewer is a simple addon for World of Warcraft which fills small glitch in Blizzard's Auction- there is no nice tool that would allow player to easily browse through available gems currently on AH. F.e you want to buy gem that fits in Blue socket, you want it to be rare quality..."Houston, we have problem".
To begin with SGV, simply open Auction House window, and click the new tab that has been added.
Using it, you can order SGV to list all gems meeting your requirements, for instance rare & matching yellow socket. After you have clicked SEARCH button, the SGV, SGV will perform AH scan and list all gems matching your search criteria. Info includes gem name, rarity color, gem icon, it will show you CURRENT minimal bid for gem type and CURRENT minimal Buyout Value. You can change filter settings during scan. After scan has ended all all gathered data is available for offline browsing- which means, that you can play with filter settings without having to scan AH again (you can, of course, if you want to). When you left click on gem of your choice the SGV will send search request for item that you've selected and switch to browse page of AH Addon, where you will be able to buy it.

Dataset is rather small, so it will not hurt your addon cache, SGV will purge all data on AH Window close or WoW's exit. My intention was to write addon to have as low cpu and memory usage as possible, but you need to know, that this is my first addon for WoW and lua is not my primary programming language.

SGV lets you:
- easily find gems on AH
- create search filters (rarity, socket color or both)
- know actual minimal bid and buyout values for gems
- run search for specific gem

SGV cannot:
- buy item directly from its frame

Things to know:
- if you create filter f.e. gems that fit blue socket, SGV will show you also multisocket gems (blue and yellow, blue and red, etc)
- when you click on item while scanning there is short pause between your action and SGV reaction- SGV puts your action on stack and waits for AH query permission; this pause is intentional

Locales:
I'm aware that lots of people play WoW using different than enUS or enGB clients. I play using enGB, so I tried to localization addon as much as I can but I was not able to test it properly.
- localized parts of SGV:
- core algorithms [it includes mainly search patterns]
- some UI elements
I've created localizations for:
- deDE
- frFR
- esES

Upcomming features:
- count gems and group by name [i'm working on it, you can see it on screenshot, version 1.0 doesn't have this feature]
- full localization - with your help
..more to come? send me your suggestions

All critiques, bugtraqs, errors, patches, localisations, suggestions are welcome.

Thanks goes to:
- my girlfriend Ania for being so sweet and marvelous person
- ShaggY aka ShaggY for testing and suggestions ;*
- Blizzard for their Interface AddOn Kit
- Igor- creator of Igor's Mass Auction (check this addon out it's awsome) for clue how to hook my tab on Blizz's AH Frame.
- The BugGrabber Team for buggraber
- Scheid for myDebug

Have fun
siena
03-09-07, 11:31 AM   #2
sna
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Version 1.1. is up.

- fixed german locale
- adden number of gems on AH
- scan has been optimalised

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » siena's Gem Viewer- shows gems on AH