A Murloc Raider
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Feed Pet Button

Discussion thread for Feed Pet Button .
12-05-06, 09:54 AM   #2
Moosetrax
A Fallenroot Satyr
Are you planning to make this available for BC?

This has always been my favorite Mod for pet feeding. So much more simple and ez to use than the other alternatives.
12-09-06, 12:56 PM   #3
Zuban
A Murloc Raider
2.0 version is in the works

With the new macro system in WoW 2.0, it's possible to easily make some pretty cool pet feeding macros. However, I'm still planning to release a new version of my addon for those looking for more of an addon solution.

I'm hoping to have something released here within a week from now.
12-13-06, 06:36 AM   #4
fred
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Just tried it...little buggy. The whistle worked weel for calling pet. Mend pet worked right. I dragged food into box, showed the food icon ( No stack size) , but wouldn't feed pet and I saw the message to add food to the box( even though I saw the food icon). If it's suppose to show a rez after the pet dies...it didn't.

What eneded it was the Bizz box asking to turn it off as it was using a Blizz only function and to reset UI. BUT......after that it asked to do the same to MetaHud then ZubanLib ( 2 other mods)...so I'm thinkin it's the Ace 2 libraries ( not sure if u'r using them or not though)...I've noticed since 2.0 if they don't like the Ace2 libraries it effects any mod using them.....Just my thoughts..
12-13-06, 01:51 PM   #5
Zuban
A Murloc Raider
I removed the ZubanLib dependency by putting those files directly into the Petster addon. Please try deleting or disabling the independent ZubanLib addon since it will conflict with Petster. I should have made this more clear so i'll put it up on the front page. It doesn't use Ace2. Thanks for the report.
12-13-06, 04:25 PM   #6
fred
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Smile

Originally Posted by Zuban
I removed the ZubanLib dependency by putting those files directly into the Petster addon. Please try deleting or disabling the independent ZubanLib addon since it will conflict with Petster. I should have made this more clear so i'll put it up on the front page. It doesn't use Ace2. Thanks for the report.

Works WONDERFUL now! You have done a GREAT job with this mod, made a hunters life sooo much easier. I, personally , thank you very much.
12-17-06, 12:17 AM   #7
Jayhawk
Premium Member

Lovely little addon, thanks
03-21-07, 11:45 AM   #8
defcon69
A Defias Bandit
Hey Zuban (or anyone else with more knowledge of add-ons than me),

I really love your add-on but I was hoping to make a slight modification just as a personal preference but since I have limited knowledge of this specific language and especially it's interaction with WoW I thought I would just post here in the hopes of getting some advice.

Basically what I would like to do is to stop the icon of the feed pet button (I'm using the fully functioned one) from displaying the food that I'm using and have it display the regular feed pet icon instead. I still would like the food type to display in the tooltip though.

As an advanced idea I was wondering about having the icon change to the dismiss pet icon when the ALT key is pressed although I don't know if that's possible.

Any advice anyone has to offer would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. Note that I have no intention of distributing this modified version under any circumstances and this exercise is purely for personal use and education. Thanks.
03-21-07, 01:27 PM   #9
defcon69
A Defias Bandit
Okay, well I managed to create my modified icon...and really once I found the code section I needed (props to Zuban, the fact that it was quite easy shows that his code is well laid out) and then create a new texture variable in the Object code at the top.

Honestly, I think the most frustrating thing was finding the right icon...Blizz really needs to provide a good reader for those .blp files

Still hoping to work out a way to switch the icon upon alt press but I don't think this language supports multiple threads or polling, heh

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Feed Pet Button