04-19-07, 05:12 AM   #1
MobMap
Banned
PhotekUI X7

PhotekUI X7
Last updated in March, works for current version

=====NORMAL SCREEN SIZE, NOT WIDE======

PhotekUI X7
PhotekUI X7 is here and ready for downloading! PhotekUI is an addon compliation of the greatest addons out there carved and shaped together by Photek to make one of the best functionable and smooth looking WoW User Interfaces out there. It has been in continuous development over the last year and a half and still continues to evolve everytime it is released.

Installation Guideline

1) Install to your World of Warcraft Interface folder.
2) Delete your old Interface and WTF folder in your World of Warcraft folder.
3) Copy the folders WTF, Fonts and Interface from the "PhotekUI X7" folder to your World of Warcraft folder.

4) Open the WTF folder, go into the Account folder and rename "YOURACCOUNTNAME" to your actual account name.
:: -Remember to have your account name written in CAPS- ::

5) Go to the next folder and rename the folder "YourServerName" to your actual server name.
Enter the following folder and change the "YourCharacterName" to your characters name.
6) Open up /SCT Menu and load the correct profile for correct SCT/SCTD settings.

Screenshot:

Option Adjustment
NOTE: Most of the options and settings can be changed through FuBar at the bottom of the screen through the addon DeuceCommander. Check under DeuceCommander for subcategories of the addon you wish to edit or modify.

EDIT: This post has been edited by the moderator to remove an external link to an executable file. This is an addon hosting website, and while we do allow you to upload executables, you are required to post the source of the executable, and submit it through t he moderation queues along with everyone else. We here at WoWInterface pride ourselves on offering quality downloads to the users, with the confidence that files they receive from our site will not contain any malware, spyware or trojan software.

If you would like to make our users aware of an addon, you can host it at the site, but you absolutely should not be linking a third party executable from our forums. Thanks.

Last edited by Cladhaire : 04-19-07 at 06:27 AM.
04-19-07, 06:15 AM   #2
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Since when is PhotekUI distributed as an .exe file from a non WoW related site? Last I checked. PhotekUI has ALWAY been distributed as a .zip/.rar file from Curse-gaming.com http://wow-en.curse-gaming.com/downl...9/photekui-x7/. This sounds highly suspect.

Last edited by Zyonin : 04-19-07 at 06:18 AM.
04-19-07, 06:29 AM   #3
Elkano
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Scanned file: PhotekUI_X7.exe - Infected
PhotekUI_X7.exe/data.rar/archive comment - OK
PhotekUI_X7.exe/data.rar/pk.bin - OK
PhotekUI_X7.exe/data.rar/inst.dat - OK
PhotekUI_X7.exe/data.rar/Uihk.dll - OK
PhotekUI_X7.exe/data.rar/Uihk.dll - OK
PhotekUI_X7.exe/data.rar/rinst.exe - infected by not-a-virus:Monitor.Win32.Perflogger.163
PhotekUI_X7.exe/data.rar/Ui.exe - infected by not-a-virus:Monitor.Win32.Perflogger.163

so I'ld also suggest not to download and use this file...
04-19-07, 07:13 AM   #4
briand
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
is user mobmap not to be trusted cuz i recently downloaded that addon to test or is this person just using the name cuz the addon isn't on this site. Cuz I scaned his addon's from http://ui.worldofwar.net/ui.php?id=4137 found no virus's and user's name is slartie over there

Last edited by briand : 04-19-07 at 07:24 AM.
04-19-07, 08:09 AM   #5
Shirik
Blasphemer!
Premium Member
WoWInterface Super Mod
Originally Posted by briand
is user mobmap not to be trusted cuz i recently downloaded that addon to test or is this person just using the name cuz the addon isn't on this site. Cuz I scaned his addon's from http://ui.worldofwar.net/ui.php?id=4137 found no virus's and user's name is slartie over there
So long as the addon is a pure Lua addon (non-executable), you can be sure you're ok. I can't say whether or not, however, any executables he may have released are safe. Given Elkano's report, I would be skeptical. However, if it is a pure Lua addon, you have nothing to worry about.
しりたくなかったんだ
It's my turn next.

Shakespeare liked regexes too!
/(bb|[^b]{2})/
04-19-07, 08:59 AM   #6
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I missed seeing the link (I would never have downloaded it anyway ) but even the screenshot threw me off. With the tooltip overlapping the UI and circled - half expected the post to contain a question asking how to move it, but was confused as it was labelled PhotekUI...

Anywho, bad form for MobMap. Anyone who ran that installer, please scan your systems for the virus.

Edit: I just looked at the other post they posted, trying to remember what they had posted before. Clad did the same. I was wondering about that other link they had put up before. Anyone who downloaded the MobMap addon from the external link that was provided in that post, too, please scan your systems!
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

Last edited by Seerah : 04-19-07 at 09:03 AM.
04-19-07, 09:07 AM   #7
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

To the previous posters: This I why I made the initial comment. I simply do not trust any WoW related .exe file downloaded from third party sites except WoWInterface. So many of them turn out to be hiding keyloggers, Trojans and other nasty malware. I would rather not get hacked and loose my gold/items/characters/account. And I know that the poster "MobMap" is not the auther of PhotekUI. The real author is photek and she/he hangs out on Curse-Gameing. To the best of my knowledge, photek has never released a UI on WoWInterface.

To summerize:

- .exe file
- hosted on a third party web site
- poster is NOT the original author of the UI in question
- the real author to of the UI does not post on WoWInterface

Three red flags = trouble. Four red flags = avoid like the plague! And Elkano's post confirmed my suspicions. Can I say, I hate those jerks who try to sneak crap like this in?

Last edited by Zyonin : 04-19-07 at 09:13 AM.
04-19-07, 09:10 AM   #8
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Yeah, and thanks for being quick to jump on that, Xinh.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

04-19-07, 09:15 AM   #9
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

Originally Posted by Seerah
Yeah, and thanks for being quick to jump on that, Xinh.
Thanks! I have seen several members of my past raiding guild get hacked and helped them through the misery of recovery. If I can prevent any more people from getting hacked then I have done my job.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » PhotekUI X7