03-22-09, 07:56 AM   #1
Anonymoose
A Kobold Labourer
Question Mailmod sorting - possible?

I'm looking for info wether this addon idea is possible at all?

I'd like to be able to sort my inbox alphabetically by the name of the attachements. I realize that there is no way to actually rearrange the mail but perhaps it is possible to create a representation of the inbox that arranges the mails in a different order than the one they're received in? Is this possible?

The reason I'd like this is that I've got a pretty logistics heavy moneymaking business going - (those mechanohogs are EXPENSIVE). I need to keep my inbox (that is used as storage for an AH-toon) sorted alphabetically in order to easily find the items that has sold and post new ones. The way I am currently keeping my mailbox organized is by sending and resending items in a particular order over three different characters. This is quite timeconsuming (still worth it) so it'd be REALLY sweet if there is any way to do this via the userface rather than by arranging the actual items.

Example:

"Nisse" sends one bulkmail of 12 Coca Cola, one bulkmail of 12 Red bull and one of Bananas. "Bengt" sends one bulkmail of Pizza, one of Anchovy and one of Beer to Krille.

Krilles inbox will now look like:

Coca Cola
Red bull
Bananas
Pizza
Anchovy
Beer

I'm asking if it's possible to have an addon rearrange them so I can access a set of mails arranged:

Anchovy
Bananas
Beer
Coca Cola
Pizza
Red Bull

(and of course still maintain functionality, being able to open the mails, grab one or several items from them etc)

cheers
03-22-09, 02:17 PM   #2
seebs
Premium Member
Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I don't see why not. SimpleMail's non-graphic representation is currently unsorted, but nothing stops me from sorting it.

BTW, while it's not really very close to what you want, SimpleMail might be able to unstick you some anyway:

/sm -j Coca check
^^^ list all messages with "Coca" in the subject line
/sm -j Bull check
^^^ list all messages with "Bull" in the subject line

Also handles common things like "show me all expired auctions" or "show me all sold auctions".

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Mailmod sorting - possible?