10-05-07, 05:00 AM   #1
Republic
Paladin

Fubar Plugin Update Requests

I apologize in advance if this is not the right place for this, but...

I was wondering if someone can update the following Fubar plugins?

AmmoFu
ClockFu
ExperienceFu
GuildFu
LocationFu

I very much want to return to Fubar, but I frankly don't like having to try loading out of date addons, etc. I've had Fubar break on me before (long time ago) and lost all settings. I'm the kind that waits for things to be updated by authors before installation. I know, I know, sometimes it's perfectly fine and even recommended to use the "load out of date" option, but sometimes it isn't It's these times I'm trying to avoid.

On another note, I wish some of these would ship with the core bar.

Thanks so much
10-05-07, 06:07 AM   #2
existe
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

UNtil updated on wowinterface you can always check here as well:

http://files.wowace.com/
10-05-07, 07:53 AM   #3
Republic
Paladin

Originally Posted by existe
UNtil updated on wowinterface you can always check here as well:

http://files.wowace.com/
Yeah, I check there too. Mostly I use WAU and just manually look at the WOW Interface # from hovering over plugin names as revision #'s mean almost nothing to me unless I'm possibly tracking a specific mod's progression. Know what I mean?

In any event, thanks for the response.
10-05-07, 09:36 AM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
It's just a number in the TOC, which, in the case of ClockFu, was just overlooked. There is nothing in those addons that is broken in 2.2. If you're so nitpicky about it, you can change the number yourself. Open up the TOC and change 20100 to 20200. Really, the Interface number is one of the most useless parts of the addon (except when Blizzard *intentionally* made everything Incompatible for 2.0 so that authors had to update them). In fact, say an author has already updated their mod for the 2.3 patch (by testing on the PTRs once they open up) - their TOC would say 20300. It would be up-to-date and even ahead of everything else. But because 20300 =/= 20200, Blizzard would call it out of date. Or if there was a typo and it said 202000 or 22000 it would say out of date.

Really, just check the box.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

10-05-07, 12:28 PM   #5
Republic
Paladin

Originally Posted by Seerah
It's just a number in the TOC, which, in the case of ClockFu, was just overlooked. There is nothing in those addons that is broken in 2.2. If you're so nitpicky about it, you can change the number yourself. Open up the TOC and change 20100 to 20200. Really, the Interface number is one of the most useless parts of the addon (except when Blizzard *intentionally* made everything Incompatible for 2.0 so that authors had to update them). In fact, say an author has already updated their mod for the 2.3 patch (by testing on the PTRs once they open up) - their TOC would say 20300. It would be up-to-date and even ahead of everything else. But because 20300 =/= 20200, Blizzard would call it out of date. Or if there was a typo and it said 202000 or 22000 it would say out of date.

Really, just check the box.
I used to update TOC's myself when using something (I believe) was called Carebear. It's been a while though so I'm not sure. Regardless, I will do as you suggest. Thank you again for posting such good information. You should be paid for your help

Happy Fragging
10-05-07, 01:26 PM   #6
Kaomie
A Scalebane Royal Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Seerah
Really, the Interface number is one of the most useless parts of the addon.
No it's not, but the use people make of it is often the problem

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Fubar Plugin Update Requests