11-15-14, 05:04 AM   #321
Meganbtoo
An Aku'mai Servant
I think they forgot when they merged so many servers to create higher population realms, when all the ones who play 2 months an expansion logged they would mess it up for all the normal players. I think queue position should depend more on how often you play, and pay

11-15-14, 05:46 AM   #322
garrisos
A Murloc Raider
Cool Missing my carbonite so much

Rythal I want to thank you for sticking with carbonite. I have used it for years. I am the person who is always getting lost and running around for hours trying to find my way. Carbonite put a stop to all of that nonsense.

Please do take your time and get it right, I miss carbonite,but I need for it to be good as it has always been in the past. I will limp along with questhelper lite and mapster(see it takes two addons to even come close to carbonite) and hope that you will be able to get it out soon.

If you need a realm to test it, may I suggest Scarlet Crusade? I have had no problems logging on(knock on wood) and the realm is not dead. There are lots of alliance players on the realm.

11-15-14, 12:16 PM   #323
Fathersin
A Cyclonian

I've pulled down from git (https://github.com/Rythal/Carbonite) three times now removed all addons except bt4, bugsack, and prat. also removed my WTF folder.

i get this rolling error standing in frostfire ridge.

[10:46:46] Carbonite GetPos Err:941: Carbonite\NxMap.lua:9193: in function `GetWorldPos'
Carbonite.Quests\NxQuest.lua:7357: in function `UpdateIcons'
Carbonite\NxMap.lua:4728: in function `Update'
Carbonite\NxMap.lua:3748: in function <Carbonite\NxMap.lua:3673>

I'm assuming I am getting the correct git?

Just found if a toggle the map Via carbonite button the error changes to

11:30:22] Carbonite GetPos Err:941: Carbonite\NxMap.lua:9193: in function `GetWorldPos'
Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:1262: in function `NXOnUpdate'
[string "*:OnUpdate"]:1: in function <[string "*:OnUpdate"]:1>

Last edited by Fathersin : 11-15-14 at 12:30 PM. Reason: added more info

11-15-14, 01:33 PM   #324
Draven006
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Fathersin View Post
I've pulled down from git (https://github.com/Rythal/Carbonite) three times now removed all addons except bt4, bugsack, and prat. also removed my WTF folder.

i get this rolling error standing in frostfire ridge.

[10:46:46] Carbonite GetPos Err:941: Carbonite\NxMap.lua:9193: in function `GetWorldPos'
Carbonite\NxMap.lua:3748: in function <Carbonite\NxMap.lua:3673>

I'm assuming I am getting the correct git?

Just found if a toggle the map Via carbonite button the error changes to

11:30:22] Carbonite GetPos Err:941: Carbonite\NxMap.lua:9193: in function `GetWorldPos'
Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:1262: in function `NXOnUpdate'
[string "*:OnUpdate"]:1: in function <[string "*:OnUpdate"]:1>
Carbonite not working yet for WoD Zones,
Works for the rest of the world though,
Rythal is still working on it

11-15-14, 01:59 PM   #325
Ebmor
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Draven006 View Post
In the meantime you may use my hotfix http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=50315 (CarboniteHotfix20141112.zip),
which provides basic WoD support (enUS, deDE only). You have to follow the steps outlined there, the hotfix is incompatible to the GIT version.
Please be aware that the hotfix has some glitches but I am using it myself for several days (fortunately there are no waiting lines on my server).

11-15-14, 02:03 PM   #326
Fathersin
A Cyclonian

perhaps i should have clarified a bit more as i was looking for a starting point. i thought he had gotten the maps to work in wod area just not bg's i wanted to make sure i was debugging the current push.

there does not seem to be a thread just for collaboration and this one has the most conversation about it than any of the others.

11-15-14, 04:32 PM   #327
Orinalaba
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
Another dumb question.... anyone's server not queue'd? laughs... waiting 2 hours to login to test stuff, only to head back to coding forget your logged on and have to do it again.... is kinda really hurting development.
I have characters on US-Garona and just noticed that there is no login queue. Swtiched to Proudmoore and it had over 4,500 in queue and looks to be a multi-hour wait. So for testing I'd suggest low-pop realms.

11-15-14, 05:44 PM   #328
JPotterny
A Defias Bandit
FYI - potential bug report

I am starting a new Dwarf and in the starting area there is a quest "Ice and Fire" that takes you into a cave at about 51.8, 84.4. In some areas of that cave the carbonite map goes a bit crazy rapidly moving from one point to another (like a zone boundary where it can't decide which to use) and sometimes it starts rapidly flickering between at least two different maps - changing many times a second.

11-15-14, 06:34 PM   #329
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
The problem i'm encountering is right now it's the mini map blocks (close up zoom) that is not lined up properly in Northrend, Pandaria and Draenor.... so to test it properly and make adjustments to line them up I need to be standing in those zones, and playing on other servers doesn't let me do that

11-15-14, 09:09 PM   #330
glyph
A Murloc Raider
Thanks Rythal for all your hard work! Just donated :-) Is there by chance any mailing list or anything we can join to be notified whenever it's ready?

11-16-14, 09:44 AM   #331
kronne
A Defias Bandit
Novice Question

I Found the Git page but I'm at a loss as to what to pull down in order to get a working Carbonite? I know it's only working in Pre-exp at the moment and that is fine but my addiction to Carbonite is nearly as strong as too WoW.

Thank You Rythal for all your hard work too preserve what I feel is the most Essential Addon for WoW.

11-16-14, 11:11 AM   #332
blkdrgn613
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by kronne View Post
I Found the Git page but I'm at a loss as to what to pull down in order to get a working Carbonite? I know it's only working in Pre-exp at the moment and that is fine but my addiction to Carbonite is nearly as strong as too WoW.

Thank You Rythal for all your hard work too preserve what I feel is the most Essential Addon for WoW.
right side, "download zip"

11-16-14, 01:40 PM   #333
kronne
A Defias Bandit

I am having the same errors in the old world content, as I haven't purchased the expansion YET. Could this be a conflict with other addons?

And Thanks blkdrgn613, Just got a new monitor and didn't realize screen was zoomed in tight.

11-16-14, 07:22 PM   #334
Svegan
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Which version

Are you using the github version?

11-16-14, 07:48 PM   #335
kronne
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Svegan View Post
Are you using the github version?
Using the download found here --> https://github.com/Rythal/Carbonite

11-16-14, 09:52 PM   #336
Fera_Luna
A Defias Bandit
Talking

Originally Posted by matt_b19 View Post
Nothing like a little leg!!
damn gnomes!

11-16-14, 11:48 PM   #337
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Where it stands:

Thankfully today there wasn't queue's finally so much was done, some new, some rewrites

- Draenor continent added
- Draenor Zones setup with overlays
- Map locations on the carbonite map adjusted a bit to make a little more sense
- Zone data entirely redone so every zone is using the same formula's which means much easier adding new zones in the future
- Minimap blocks redone to be dynamic in nature so if a base map moves, so does the blocks
- Tested every continent to ensure minimap blocks are aligned

Still to be done:
- Dungeons/Instances added (does anyone know a good place to find the x,y coords of dungeon entrences?)
- Minimap blocks for draenor
- When looking in other zones, the flight paths and pet trainer from current zone get displayed.. needs to be hidden
- Actually going into Draenor to make sure it all works >.> With all this work I still haven't even started the quest to go through the portal.

-------------------------------
For those who reported waypoints are not working with zygor, it's zygor who will need to update. I took a look at their waypoint code and they are using the old Carbonite AID system, they need to change it to use just straight MapID's instead.

11-17-14, 12:02 AM   #338
asctt1
A Murloc Raider
are you guna post it to git?

11-17-14, 03:24 AM   #339
BearGriz72
A Murloc Raider

Thumbs up Thanks Rythal

Where it stands:

Thankfully today there wasn't queue's finally so much was done, some new, some rewrites

- Draenor continent added
- Draenor Zones setup with overlays
- Map locations on the carbonite map adjusted a bit to make a little more sense
- Zone data entirely redone so every zone is using the same formula's which means much easier adding new zones in the future
- Minimap blocks redone to be dynamic in nature so if a base map moves, so does the blocks
- Tested every continent to ensure minimap blocks are aligned

Still to be done:
- Dungeons/Instances added (does anyone know a good place to find the x,y coords of dungeon entrences?)
- Minimap blocks for draenor
- When looking in other zones, the flight paths and pet trainer from current zone get displayed.. needs to be hidden
- Actually going into Draenor to make sure it all works >.> With all this work I still haven't even started the quest to go through the portal.

-------------------------------
For those who reported waypoints are not working with zygor, it's zygor who will need to update. I took a look at their waypoint code and they are using the old Carbonite AID system, they need to change it to use just straight MapID's instead.
Thanks Rythal for working on this & keeping us informed!

11-17-14, 03:54 AM   #340
atl77
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
does anyone know a good place to find the x,y coords of dungeon entrences?
Maybe you can extract them from here: http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/tom...tional-module/ ? UPDATE: Ah, I just saw that this is not a finished project, but the attempt to start such a thing...

Maybe we could use Atlas's Dungeon Location Module as a starting point...

Doesn't help either. I'll take it on myself to extract the locations from Wowhead starting right now.

Last edited by atl77 : 11-17-14 at 08:03 AM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » WOD/Pre-patch