11-26-17, 10:06 PM   #1
JamesComey
A Kobold Labourer
OmniCC blocking "WowUI" action buttons - Battleground Entry

C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns <---- Where Twitch/Curse/Tuk places my addons
C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\OmniCC <---- Omnicc

https://github.com/tullamods/OmniCC/...t-is-OmniCC%3F <--- Primary Website
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...36-OmniCC.html <--- Link on WOW interface

First, let me say this addon is great. Starting about 7.2.5 I began to have issues with it(I do not really remember the date). It began locking me out of battlegrounds and other "strange things". Or I was getting errors I do not
remember. When this was uninstalled (I only have 5-6 addons). When Omni was uninstalled the problem went away.

I stopped using it for a year. I want to use it or a similar addon again. My computer is Win 10 x 64 Nvidia 1050 (8mb), i5..... OmniCC is blocking me from entering BGs,
instances and other actions through thw WOW UI, EVLUI. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it. I can not determine if it happens without any other addons. I am trying to do that now. I think months ago I tested this and despite
no other addons, I still ran into issues.

MEMTEST, CORETEMP;Other Volt/Temp Tests, LifeGuard (Western Digital), Speed Tests, Latency Tests, Scandisk. Hardware is healthy.

I am not a computer tech, just a guy and his CPU. Though have basic understanding, I follow instructions great. Any help or how to test/troubleshoot what is going on? TY TY

11-27-17, 12:40 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Are you getting any errors?

(Be sure that you do not have Lua errors hidden in your interface options. You can also use an addon like BugGrabber/BugSack to help catch and paste them all.)
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

11-27-17, 07:23 PM   #3
Ither
A Firelord

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
If you're getting the message that Blizzard blocked blah blah--then you have a tainted addon.

I'm currently having the same problem with sixUI and Subspec addon; it's not easy to fix--have to figure out what the addon is doing to taint the button function.

Just to add: I have same problem with trying to queue for battlegrounds, clicking on spells in my spellbook, and some collection toys will trigger it as well.

If you enable taint logging you will probably see something very close to this;

Code:
11/8 20:33:33.476  Interface\FrameXML\SpellBookFrame.lua:1009 SpellBook_GetSpellBookSlot()
11/8 20:33:33.476  An action was blocked because of taint from SixUI - CastSpell()
11/8 20:33:33.476      Interface\FrameXML\SpellBookFrame.lua:560 SpellButton_OnClick()
11/8 20:33:33.476      SpellButton2:OnClick()
11-28-17, 09:24 PM   #4
Resike
A Pyroguard Emberseer
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Disable OmniCC_Config after you set up the addon. Then the taint will be gone. (Dropdown taint)

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » OmniCC blocking "WowUI" action buttons - Battleground Entry