02-07-10, 07:13 PM   #161
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Rofl, the darn constants still don't work now though *sigh* .. so gonna have to put that in as an oversight for correction when I figure the rest out. I know I got it working once rofl.

02-08-10, 01:42 AM   #162
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Ah, I knew I wasn't going crazy.

Just logged onto my 80 and tracked about 30 quests with little problem once I expanded the count. And the criteria per achievement update well enough as well. The only problem is the limit on the achievements. No matter how many or where I place it, it just refuses to be anything more than 10 and it is validating against 10 but refuses to do anymore than 10. Go figure.

And yep, the quest item buttons were not being displayed properly, as I just found out.

Edit: And the quest item buttons still don't display when in an infopanel. Sigh. Well, almost there.

Edit 2 : *Whistles* yeah, I know, I know, I forgot to use the sizeChanged function to make sure the frame width and height settings were set up ... *rolls eyes*

Last edited by Xrystal : 02-08-10 at 11:51 AM.

02-23-10, 03:30 PM   #163
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Okay, options window in progress. Have most of the design set in place, just need to add functionality and figure out how I was envisioning the font settings. I may leave that part until after 3.3.3 as I am sure I will be doing another update there to reflect the new width option and the new text values.

Anyways, here's the options window as it is at present. I'll keep the slash commands as they are for those minimal changes but for the big set of changes or those not wishing to use slash commands can use the UI with /swf options.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_022310_211748.jpg
Views:	943
Size:	265.9 KB
ID:	3998  

02-26-10, 08:26 AM   #164
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Okay, found out what the blasted they did with the quest watcher frame .. darn blizzard rofl.

So that the right click menu would be available they introduced a parent for the WatchFrameTitle as WatchFrameHeader. Of course I reparented the Title and bam. That part doesn't work anymore rofl. One step nearer. I'll just re-parent Header instead of Title

More to come

Aha, they added a new function :

self:SetWidth(WATCHFRAME_EXPANDEDWIDTH); or self:SetWidth(WATCHFRAME_COLLAPSEDWIDTH); or WatchFrame_SetWidth(GetCVar("watchFrameWidth"));

All of which overrides my width settings so I will have to sit down and see what I can do there. They also added a disabled option to the collapse/expand button and on my addon it is always disabled so for now I have told it to never disable. And finally I think, they made the (x) objective count section separate from the header/title so it messes up my anchoring rofl. So plenty of work there to figure out.

Edit:
Well, looks like all I have to figure out now is what they are doing that is stopping the auto widening function to stop working now. It's clearly something to do with the new width changes but still haven't fix that part of it.

Last edited by Xrystal : 02-26-10 at 04:36 PM.

03-08-10, 12:34 AM   #165
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
And on a different note. Been working on the options interface and would you blasted believe it ..

WATCHFRAME_MAXQUESTS being set during the course of the addon just refuses to reflect in the watch frame. However, the max criteria for achievements value works perfectly fine rofl.

Here's a screenshot so far.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_030810_063037.jpg
Views:	950
Size:	241.3 KB
ID:	4074  

03-11-10, 02:41 PM   #166
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
*Grumbles* Have I ever mentioned that the way Blizz handles their watchframe is annoying as hell rofl.

There I thought I was ready to post up my interface patched files when a last minute test to make sure the docking mechanism works as expected and what do I notice rofl ...

Apparently when you first switch to a docked version in the infopanel, despite doing a reloadui, it doesn't seem to be enough as for a few seconds WatchFrame doesn't exist and thus the infopanel cannot do its stuff. At present I have done a work around whereby a few seconds later when it does exist it does its stuff but it still brings up the error message about WatchFrame values being nil when you first do this. *sigh*.

Fortunately once you have done the docking/undocking procedure the problem goes away until the next time you make the switch around. So, if you dock and leave it then you should only come across the problem the one time.

Unless of course the problem is due to my awful latency nowadays sitting at over 400ms rofl.

03-12-10, 03:17 PM   #167
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Okay, after my 11hrs yesterday and 5hrs today fixing a couple of bugs I missed yesterday but I am still left with this error triggering the first time you switch to an InfoPanel. It basically stops the WatchFrame from doing what it is supposed to do like adding quests you ask to track to the tracking frame. A second reload will solve the problem or a full log out. I could use the LogOut() function but I am sure thats something that shouldn't be programmed in so unless I can figure out why this error is being triggered barring a time factor I am suspecting so far people will have to do a manual reload after switching before using the watch frame. Anyway, here's the error I get every time I do that first switch over to an infopanel.

[2010/03/12 21:16:25-377-x1]: Interface\FrameXML\WatchFrame.lua:341: attempt to perform arithmetic on a nil value:
<in C code>: in function `WatchFrame_Update'
Interface\FrameXML\WatchFrame.lua:263: in function <Interface\FrameXML\WatchFrame.lua:223>:
<in C code>: in function `SetMapToCurrentZone'
...d_BattlefieldMinimap\Blizzard_BattlefieldMinimap.lua:58: in function <...d_BattlefieldMinimap\Blizzard_BattlefieldMinimap.lua:57>:
<in C code>: in function `Show'
...ault\InfoPanels\nUI_InfoPanel_BattlefieldMinimap.lua:294: in function `setEnabled':
...ault\InfoPanels\nUI_InfoPanel_BattlefieldMinimap.lua:207: in function `initPanel':
nUI-5.06.10 (Plus)\Integration\nUI_InfoPanel.lua:793: in function `applyScale'
nUI-5.06.10 (Plus)\Integration\nUI_InfoPanel.lua:908: in function `applyOptions'
nUI-5.06.10 (Plus)\Integration\nUI_InfoPanel.lua:937: in function `applySkin'
nUI-5.06.10 (Plus)\Main\nUI.lua:249: in function <Interface\AddOns\nUI\Main\nUI.lua:137>
For the life of me though I can't track down why this is happening as it is not pointing to my code anywhere here as a cause. So I am confused as hell rofl.

03-13-10, 10:33 AM   #168
Seer
A Molten Giant
Well, if its any comfort I'm still using one of the last version you let go on a few toons I (try to) level.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Customization » nUI: Developer Chat » Quest Tracker Info Panel