12-18-10, 04:04 AM   #41
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
There are still multiple screenshots. Click the image.
12-18-10, 04:06 AM   #42
Haleth
This Space For Rent

Featured
I know, that's why I said thumbnails.

I really liked being able to see multiple screenshots at a glance, instead of having to open a lightbox and click through all 5.
12-18-10, 04:07 AM   #43
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
As sorry, my misunderstanding.
12-18-10, 05:36 AM   #44
JohnDoe03
A Kobold Labourer
Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease bring back the date on the add on page - I need to know when which add on was released.

without it I am lost
12-18-10, 06:01 AM   #45
mentalnutsy
A Cyclonian
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Love the new look it is a lot nicer than old one thank you for all the hard work you guys do keeping the site running.
12-18-10, 06:46 AM   #46
vivianalive
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Look so modern, I love it.

CeeUI: a minimalistic all-class UI
12-18-10, 08:54 AM   #47
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
Web 2.0!!

Some nitpicking from me:
  • loading.gif in jquery lightbox seems to be made for a white version, type in loading gif in google, and there are tons of sites that can generate new ones . I kind of agree with Phanx about the option to disable lightbox as well.
  • You could use jquery history to address previously mentioned problems with the "back" button. http://tkyk.github.com/jquery-history-plugin/
  • The screenshots on the addon page could be better. My idea is to enlarge the area for them when you mouse over them, so it will show all screenshots. When you leave the area, the area collapses to 1 screenshot. Easily doable with jQuery I think Or add a coda slider, whatever
  • When you click the file info button in Firefox, the file info is shifted to the right, also causing an ugly scrollbar(grrr). Add "clear:left" to ".TabTab".
  • Facebook like button is cut off on the right.

More to come as I find stuff :P

Last edited by ravagernl : 12-18-10 at 09:07 AM.
12-18-10, 09:55 AM   #48
Crevox
A Defias Bandit

Searchbar missing from homepage........................................
12-18-10, 10:40 AM   #49
Nobgul
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Crevox View Post
Searchbar is under the addon's tab. Also if you are using firefox there is a extension for searching the site. I am working on one for chrome.
12-18-10, 10:44 AM   #50
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Also, it is actually coming back. How we all missed that we're not sure.
12-18-10, 10:54 AM   #51
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
Originally Posted by Crevox View Post
Not really, just hidden. It's under the AddOns dropdown menu.
12-18-10, 11:05 AM   #52
Wazman
A Murloc Raider
One thing I miss is being able to tell if different compilation pages had new or updated compilations - the little arrow to the left of the category would be red. Sometimes I just like looking at what's new/updated to see if there's something I might want to use. With the new icons, I'm not seeing any way to tell if there are new or updated things in the categories, so I have to go into each one to check.

Is there some way that the icons can change if there are changes? Like maybe a border around the icon, or something?

Edit - I don't mean my favorites page - I mean like when I'd go to "Compilations and Suites", then I'd see all the categories, and then the little red arrow next to them if there were new files.

Another edit - just something I noticed in Firefox: when I click on the "File Info" tab, everything's shifted to the right, and there's a scrollbar:

I didn't know if that was intentional or not, but it would look better if it were lined up at the left side of the box.

Last edited by Wazman : 12-18-10 at 11:15 AM.
12-18-10, 11:30 AM   #53
Terranell
Premium Member
Premium Member
I was a bit surprised, but I quite like the new look. However, and I hate to be a downer on something you've obviously put a lot of work in to, my first view of it was the community page not looking right:

Every other page is lined up fine though. I'm using Firefox 3.6.13.

And I really miss the multiple screenshot thumbnails too, I often look at an addon, scan the thumbnails and pick the screenshot of most interest to open up, to have to open up the lightbox, wait for it to load, click through and wait for the picture I want to load is a bit meh.

The icons for the addon categories are great though! And I like the drop down navigation (though when you mouseover Forums and click Categories (rather than click on the actual categories on the sub menu) you get taken to the addons categories page rather than http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php..)
12-18-10, 11:41 AM   #54
zohar101
A Cyclonian

The new page looks very spiffy Grats on good work.

The only complaint is about screenshots. I kinda like seeing 3-4 at a glance. But even so, the biggest problem with current ones is that if you want to see a UI at full resolution, full page, you click on the original link that pops up on the bottom of the picture window and it opens it in full page, but in the same window, not a separate one like before. Now, if I want to go back to image number 2 or 1 and do the same I click back but it goes back in the browser, not the picture. It makes it very awkward if you want to quickly scroll through all the screenies at full page (and minimized ones are just not enough for full page screenies).

Just make the "original" link pop them up full screen in a separate tab, not the same one.
12-18-10, 12:51 PM   #55
pingbo
A Defias Bandit
Some of the new site is very nice looking, but seems to be missing a lot of the functionality of the old site. I agree with much of the criticism above, though I do find a lot of the new stuff aesthetically pleasing.

One thing I noticed that I haven't seen mentioned yet: on an addon's page, the Favorite button used to indicate whether you had already put the addon in your favorites list or not. The button no longer changes appearance, and I don't see any other indicator on the page showing that I've favorited the addon. That functionality was very useful, so I'm hoping it will come back in some form.
12-18-10, 05:19 PM   #56
AmiYuy
A Fallenroot Satyr

Also, two things that have always bothered me about the site:

1) Not being able to search addon comments.

2) If I go from say the Other page to the comments page and then try to use the "Back" button, it does nothing and stays on the most recent page, even though the URL changes. This happens with every single section of the sub addon pages.
12-18-10, 09:42 PM   #57
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Exclamation Top link is too far down

<< Previous Thread|Next Thread >>
^
Top^
Would you, could you, if you please, move the Top link up a bit? You've placed it way too far down on the page. Perhaps centered under the Previous and Next thread links?

Last edited by Petrah : 12-18-10 at 09:44 PM.
12-18-10, 10:24 PM   #58
Arcadian Del Sol
A Fallenroot Satyr
A+ job on the redesign.
I love it.
12-19-10, 01:27 AM   #59
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by Haleth View Post
I really liked being able to see multiple screenshots at a glance, instead of having to open a lightbox and click through all 5.
This also prevents people with JavaScript disabled, or people (like me) who have the Lightbox script blocked, from seeing anything but the first screenshot.
12-19-10, 02:35 AM   #60
brknsoul
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I've a small annoying problem with the favourites page where the AM/PM spills onto the next line making each line double width;

Is (will) there (be) an option to return to the old view? Also, this has been mentioned before, but I have a wide screen display, and WoWI is now only using a small portion of this. Really annoying.

Last edited by brknsoul : 12-19-10 at 02:37 AM.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Site help, bugs, suggestions/questions » Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!