02-18-20, 06:14 AM   #1
MinguasBeef
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Detect when blizzard chill effect is applied

I am trying to detect on my player when the chill effect from blizzard is applied to me.

This is the lua i'm using to try to detect when the debuff is applied.

Code:
local function CombatLogEventUnfiltered(...)
	timeStamp, event, _, sourceGUID, sourceName, sourceFlags, sourceRaidFlags, destGUID, destName, destFlags, destRaidFlags, spellID, spellName = CombatLogGetCurrentEventInfo()
    if (spellName) then 
        if (destName) then
            print("Event [|c0044DD33" .. event .. "|r] Spell [|c0044DD33" .. spellName .. "|r(" .. spellID .. ")] Target [|c0044DD33" .. destName .. "|r]")
        else
            print("Event [|c0044DD33" .. event .. "|r] Spell [|c0044DD33" .. spellName .. "|r(" .. spellID .. ")]")
        end
    end
end
This is the results i'm getting.

I'm assuming the applied "blizzard" aura is an invisible aura as the effect i'm actually looking for is called Chilled. I believe this might be the effect? https://classic.wowhead.com/spell=12486/chilled

Any ideas how I can detect exactly when this debuff is applied? I know I could iterate through my debuffs, but i'm wanting to find an event based way to detect when it is applied rather than checking constantly for it and comparing vs the remaining duration.
02-18-20, 12:13 PM   #2
d87
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
As you see, Chilled doesn't appear in combat log. You can work with PERIODIC DAMAGE but you don't know if the mage actually has the talent then
Anyway, you really should just check debuffs if that's an option

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Detect when blizzard chill effect is applied